It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Catalonia: Tyrannical Crackdown, Police Seize Ballots

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   
edit on 2-10-2017 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan

originally posted by: justwokeup

originally posted by: LABTECH767
After the nature of the crackdown and the popularity of the independence vote whether Spain recognize it or not Catalan will declare independence.
I hope it is a peaceful transition.

I don't see how it can be. As it was an illegal vote I doubt those opposed who didn't participate will just go along with it. That's the problem with illegal or non official referendums, those who don't participate don't have to consider the result valid based on those who did.

Heavy-handed crackdowns like this usually end up backfiring. Nobody likes being bullied. At this point, I think it's more likely than not that Catalonia's parliament will vote to unilaterally declare secession from Spain.

I agree but there will be a sizable section of catelonian population that regards the action as illegitimate, based on results of an illegitimate poll. That's aside from the opinion of the Spanish outside the region.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: justwokeup

At the very least then it may force the Spanish government to allow a legitimate poll to take place, unlikely but it may happen.
Alternatively how many voted and WHAT is the size of the Catalan population.

Spain's main fear is that if Catalan breaks away then they will have an extremely hard time preventing the Basque Region from also demanding independence (As they have been for like forever - but the French may not be too keen there either as they also have a Basque region though I don't think there was ever any real problem there as opposed to the Spanish side of the border).

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: skynet2015

Should there be a civil war that the international community flamed on then all of Europe loses its balance.

They apparently dont deserve peace. They arent happy with it.

Go get whats enough.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

There is Basque country and then there is the rest of the conquered world in their mind.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join