It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Archaeologists Find Lost Ancient Greek Temple Of Goddess Artemis

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 09:51 PM
link   

The Greek Ministry of Culture reported that a team has found the remains of the sanctuary near Amarynthos, a coastal town a couple of dozen miles northeast of Athens on the large Greek island of Euboea. Scientists and historians have spent more than a century looking for what is left of the temple, but an ancient text with inaccurate directions threw them off the trail.

They found a gallery from the northern and eastern parts of the temple that dated to the 4th century BCE, and further digging has found the “core of the sanctuary” and confirmed that the ruins are the site of the old temple, the ministry reported. The sanctuary is considered one of the most important in the island’s history.

www.ibtimes.com...

All I have to say is that it's an interesting find. I wonder if there are other hidden temples that haven't been discovered yet?

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

I wonder the same. How much of our history has been lost? What did we lose in the libraries at Alexandria? We can catalog so much history of all sorts of creatures, but out own past we see in a mirror dimly. Great post. Thank you

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 10:03 PM
link   

That is pretty cool. So much more to discover.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Fantastic! Please keep us updated if anything else is brought to light.

new topics

top topics

join