It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kim Jong Un. One Sick Puppy.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

I really think this is why aliens don't visit us.

We're a cruel species.

We have some saying, "Not my business, not my country".

This is the legacy we'll leave future generations.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: jonnywhite

The OP is about an article that is based on a single defector's claims. That's the context for my statements. If a govt does something negative, then it means that all bad things attributed to it are now true?

And for the record, there are Western countries like Iceland and Denmark that also allow abortions when the child will be handicapped. The phrasing from your link "it was revealed that people with disabilities in North Korea are killed at birth" is no different than "it was revealed that babies with disabilities like down syndrome in Iceland and Denmark are killed at birth".

And how are "medical experiments" any different from the experimental clinical trials that we do right here? I'm not taking up for North Korea here. I'm simply pointing out that we're demonizing them both for unsubstantiated claims & for doing some of the same things we do right here. The wording is the main difference I see in some of these claims. What's the difference between "family approved abortions or euthanasia" and "the family kills them"?

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire
I venture to say it's none of America's business.

Contrary to popular belief, America is not perfect, and we Americans (imo) should be more concerned with our nation than others.

We're not the world police.

Then the 'World' should stop using us as such.

peace

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

I'm not taking up for North Korea here.

Sure sounds like it from here.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

In my first post I literally asked if there's any way to prove these claims. Asking for proof before jumping to conclusions is neither taking up for something nor putting it down. And if their big provable atrocities are the same things that we do right here, then what does that say about us?

"OMG! We've uncovered a child labor operation where kids are forced to work in the blistering heat!" can describe the same thing as "some kids are working at a summer lemonade stand". That's the power of words.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join