It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Manafort offered to give Russian billionaire ‘private briefings’ on 2016 campaign

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Now another "new one" coming out about Paul Manafort.

This one is from the Washington Post who got the scuttlebutt from ""according to people familiar with the discussions"", and of course ""these people said"".

And it puts an email from Manafort allegedly telling somebody from a Russian company that private briefings can be arranged in regards to the Trump Campaign !!

Manafort offered to give Russian billionaire ‘private briefings’ on 2016 campaign

Less than two weeks before Donald Trump accepted the Republican presidential nomination, his campaign chairman offered to provide briefings on the race to a Russian billionaire closely aligned with the Kremlin, according to people familiar with the discussions.

Paul Manafort made the offer in an email to an overseas intermediary, asking that a message be sent to Oleg Deripaska, an aluminum magnate with whom Manafort had done business in the past, these people said.

“If he needs private briefings we can accommodate,” Manafort wrote in the July 7, 2016, email, portions of which were read to The Washington Post along with other Manafort correspondence from that time.

The punchline in the WP article:

There is no evidence in the documents showing that Deripaska received Manafort’s offer or that any briefings took place. And a spokeswoman for Deripaska dismissed the email ex­changes as scheming by “consultants in the notorious ‘beltway bandit’ industry.”

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Oleg Deripaska is hardly a random "somebody from a Russian company." He's a billionaire Russian oligarch with strong ties to Putin and to Manafort. And for extra CT bonus points, the Rothschilds. Why do you put this in Deconstruction Disinformation when you're not... deconstructing disinformation?

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 06:44 PM
link   
It's WAPO.
FAKE.

Nuff said.

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Now another "new one" coming out about Paul Manafort.

This one is from the Washington Post who got the scuttlebutt from ""according to people familiar with the discussions"", and of course ""these people said"".

And it puts an email from Manafort allegedly telling somebody from a Russian company that private briefings can be arranged in regards to the Trump Campaign !!

Less than two weeks before Donald Trump accepted the Republican presidential nomination, his campaign chairman offered to provide briefings on the race to a Russian billionaire closely aligned with the Kremlin, according to people familiar with the discussions.

Paul Manafort made the offer in an email to an overseas intermediary, asking that a message be sent to Oleg Deripaska, an aluminum magnate with whom Manafort had done business in the past, these people said.

“If he needs private briefings we can accommodate,” Manafort wrote in the July 7, 2016, email, portions of which were read to The Washington Post along with other Manafort correspondence from that time.

The punchline in the WP article:

There is no evidence in the documents showing that Deripaska received Manafort’s offer or that any briefings took place. And a spokeswoman for Deripaska dismissed the email ex­changes as scheming by “consultants in the notorious ‘beltway bandit’ industry.”

Deripaska and Manafort are known associates, while Deripaska also has the ear of Putin at some time, possibly still has. Foreby that, Deripaska has been questioned over money laundering by Spanish authorities, and other reports that he was also either questioned over money laundering and/or protection racketeering by the UK, and the FBI in the US. So far, there have been no charges...there is no, 'punchline' as you put in your damage control.
As a matter of fact, instead of poo hooing anything, it's about time you turned keyboard investigator Ninja, if only just for a little background if nothing else...that would make things just a little more plausible..otherwise, it's Sean Spicer material...that he used to use, which of course he himself now parodys.

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   
More leaks from the investigation. Absolutely ridiculous.

However, I will neither believe nor dismiss this claim. Until I see proof, I am not convinced.

But if this is true, manafort may be in trouble.

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
It's WAPO.
FAKE.

Nuff said.

You got a link for that...did you get an FBI man to talk, when they don't talk so much to anybody else. 'Nuff said.

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Will this story be tomorrow's NOVA of the day, or SUPER-NOVA of the day?

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

However, I will neither believe nor dismiss this claim. Until I see proof, I am not convinced.

According to White House special counsel Ty Cobb, Manafort is in trouble anyway, or to put it nicely, Manafort has issues.

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Does a Russian billionaire exist that is "not* "closely tied to the Kremlin"?

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Private to whom ? Private from whom ? Who gets to decide ?
What happens if I consider something private , yet decide to tell someone ? Is that a violation ?
If I was running a campaign , and the key word is campaign , who cares ? I would think , just whoever I was campaigning for. And other folks jealous because I had decided they were not privy to the information.

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I would be interested in seeing what statute this would fall under. I hear all these calls of crime but no one ever includes what law was actually broken. What is the penalty? Is it a felony or misdemeanor?

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD
I would be interested in seeing what statute this would fall under. I hear all these calls of crime but no one ever includes what law was actually broken. What is the penalty? Is it a felony or misdemeanor?

Yeah this is a good point.

K admit if this is true it's a bad look for manafort.

But is is illegal.

He could say he just meant keeping the Russian in the loop about pilucy, or success likelyhood, or with who would be joining the team.

Or perhaps he sought to offer a pay for play.

But my guess is more than this would need to be found before a charge could be filed.

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 08:14 PM
link   

A briefing on the campaign? Even if it is true, I don't consider it to be anything to be upset with. A briefing on how the campaign is going to a billionaire Russian. Is that even illegal? They like to spin, spin, and spin some more.

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

Oleg Deripaska is hardly a random "somebody from a Russian company." He's a billionaire Russian oligarch with strong ties to Putin and to Manafort. And for extra CT bonus points, the Rothschilds. Why do you put this in Deconstruction Disinformation when you're not... deconstructing disinformation?

You think that everyone in government is not connected to politicians in other countries? We already know all of them are connected. Can you guess who is the most connected person in the World?

As for your question, maybe he just wants some help to deconstruct it.

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Did you think it would stop with Comey's buddy?

Proof? What proof do you need?

If it is true, he will just go to Russia. No one will stop him. We have seen this happen before with the DNC tech guys and gals that just got on a plan and left.

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: mkultra11

Does a Russian billionaire exist that is "not* "closely tied to the Kremlin"?

Is a billionaire in general not closely connected to whomever they want to be?
edit on 20-9-2017 by 3daysgone because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Just playing devils advocate here. Since Mueller only seems to have the hots for Manafort and is applying the screws to him, what's to stop Trump from just pardoning him?

They aren't going to charge him with anything super bad. It's not like Mueller seems to have a case against anyone else.

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

Just playing devils advocate here. Since Mueller only seems to have the hots for Manafort and is applying the screws to him, what's to stop Trump from just pardoning him?

This is the attention getting ploy. Remember what Comey said about the false stories in the news? He let them run with it.

They aren't going to charge him with anything super bad. It's not like Mueller seems to have a case against anyone else.

Probably not.

new topics

top topics

join