It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What law prohibits a meeting with Russian nationals?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: opecz

Couldn't they give you cash to buy ads?

Also it's simply an awareness of the crime and going along with it. They don't actually need to have done the crime. Only accepted money they knew was illegal while accepting it.

My hope is this brings down several players in a bipartisan fashion because what I do agree with is a lot of people do it, Trump just has a group of amateurs not as skilled at hiding.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: JDeLattre89

The crime is knowingly taking illegal donations, possibly aiding it to happen, and being dumb enough to get caught red handed with direct connections.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

Anyone can buy ads on facebook. It's not a crime.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Is it perfectly ok, on security clearance applications, to not report meetings with foreign agents?

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier
a reply to: Iconic

I think we may be finding out by the end of the year.

www.businessinsider.com...

Using Facebook means anybody doing a deep cover smear operation and psy-ops could have opened fake accounts and made fake contributions.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   

I see your in denial. Maybe read the article.

The warrant=crime. It's not a counter Intel warrant. It's a criminal warrant.

If you accept illegal donations knowingly it's a crime. If you helped people get you illegal donations its a crime.

Do others do it, probably. They just have better thieves working for them.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Russian citizens are immune from American law enforcement. They cannot simply go to Russia to arrest Russian citizens. Russia army is like second to none. They got really cool military hardware.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

OK judge. How did he get a criminal warrant? We aren't talking patriot act stuff here.

So in your opinion Donald Trump is a revolutionary patriot?

I have a bridge to sell you. He is the same trash in a new bag.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   

The Russian army is literally second to the US.

They can be shut out of business operations with the US or us companies. They can be charged in the US. The people who allowed it in the campaign will be the ones going to jail.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Even if Trump himself took money from Putin himself, nothing illegal about that.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   

There is actually.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   

No it isn't. Campaigns cannot take money from foreigners. But individuals can provided they don't spend it on campaigns.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Foreign nationals are prohibited from making any contributions or expenditures in connection with any election in the U.S.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: JDeLattre89

You can deny Trumps' guilt all you like, but the crimes they are accused of are very real crimes.

Trying to sabotage a democratic election by stealing the opposing party's strategies and correspondence, and then publicizing those documents and using them as talking points to influence voters is illegal. Remember Watergate?

"Colluding" with foreign nationals to sponsor and carry out secret campaign strategies to influence aa US election is "conspiracy against the US" and is illegal. Aiding and abetting criminal activates, like those mentioned, is "criminal conspiracy".

Perhaps Trump and his clan are innocent, but to waive off these crimes as if they're not worth pursuing is a dangerous position to take to protect your guy.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Before I answer, you should tell us what has happened so far that gives Russia an advantage with Trump.

Anything ?

Bueller ?

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I think the topic is that he took from foreign nationals right?

www.fec.gov...

Pretty clear.

On top of that there is a counter Intel investigation. Can you show the report that says there is nothing they did?

Bueler?

youtu.be...

edit on 16-9-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColoradoJens

I really liked your post. Well written.

The only thing is, if everyone in the government were held accountable for their crimes, there wouldn't be a government.

Thanks.

Then perhaps it's time we revised our process on who may be eligible to serve any office. If we created an environment, or rather allowed others to create an environment where criminals prosper and justice is an illusion, it's our duty to change that, now that more and more are aware of it.

I think money should be completely separated from politics. As a government employee of any office, it should be a crime to accept any funds for any reason, other than the paycheck for the service provided. This includes benefits such as trips and vacations, promises of future deals and business ventures, lucrative positions and so on. Equally, it should be a crime to offer such incentives to any government employee, during their campaign or after.

All representatives should be paid the median income of the region they represent, plus any per diem costs. This means no voting raises for oneself. If you wish for an increase in salary, make sure that the people you represent are doing better and making more as well. Representing people should be a service, not a chase for gold.

Transparency should not even be an issue. Before taking any office there must be complete transparency during the candidacy - this includes releasing all tax documents, business ties and group affiliations, as well as separating oneself from any entity that could financially benefit from that office.

Our focus should be to put someone in office who is committed to making these changes, because without them it's all just a charade.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Russian nationals is not an accurate representation..

They were agents of the russian government which was confirmed by the email from Don Jr.

"Good morning
Emin just called and asked me to contact you with something very interesting.
The Crown prosecutor of Russia met with his father Aras this morning and in their meeting offered to provide the Trump campaign with some official documents and information that would incriminate Hillary and her dealings with Russia and would be very useful to your father.
This is obviously very high level and sensitive information but is part of Russia and its government's support for Mr. Trump - helped along by Aras and Emin.
What do you think is the best way to handle this information and would you be able to speak to Emin about it directly?
I can also send this info to your father via Rhona, but it is ultra sensitive so wanted to send to you first."

www.nytimes.com...

Released by don Jr. Himself..

How people can continue to deny and deflect the Russian collusion narrative AFTER Jr releases an email that says LITERALLY exactly that. I have no idea..

Now to your actual question posed accurately ..

"Is it legal for an American citizen to make a deal with the Russian government?"

Appearently not as illegal as you might think it should be..

If the trump team gave away any information it's likely espionage.

Since they accepted information that is likely receiving aid from a forien gov.

Man I think in a way this was so inconceivable. That there isn't really a specific law made to stop it from happening.

I can promis you this..

If me and you had done the same without the GOP/dnc's knowledge (so they don't need to protect us). They make bipartisan examples of us and put us under the jail.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

But, since proving that the president, nor his son, even had successful meetings with Russian nationals........

Uh, no, no such thing has been "proven".

These are the laws Donald Trump Jr. might have broken

Treason. Espionage. Collusion. Criminal Conspiracy. Illegal solicitation of contribution from a foreign national. These are just some of the allegations being thrown around after Donald Trump Jr. released copies of emails detailing the planning of a June 2016 meeting he had with a Russian lawyer with ties to the Kremlin on the promise of obtaining dirt on Hillary Clinton.

The link you provided actually shows that with what we know, even a minor punishment of a $10000 fine requires evidence of solicitation and a legal decision that talking about adoption for 15 minutes is tantamount to receiving value in an election.

If this is the best argument you can come up with then you failed to address the OPs challenge.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I looked high and low for a 1 min vid where Gorka mentions a seventh floor group making decisions against the wishes of Trumps people . This vid may be a closer reality to what might be coming if Gorka and Bannon can work from the outside
Gorka's issue was that he wanted a few people who were already working inside the Govt. and so them getting clearance and having the right stuff was not a issue or should not have been . It turned out that not only did the 7th floor block his choices but the ones working in the Govt go moved and demoted in their positions .

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join