It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Odd phenomena from Irma near Long Island and Exuma.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Would be a great way to clean up the Fukishima mess.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 06:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: johnb
Guess it's to do with the low pressure in the eye sucking in the surrounding water, which I believe is what causes the storm surge. Would imply the storm surge could be huge I would have thought.

^this^

If you have ever been a storm it will happen as the storm rotates, that's probably why cyclonic storms have average speeds and gust speeds, sometimes it seems the wind is being sucked away then pushes back with a vengeance. You can literally see cyclonic storms swirl and even though the satellite maps speed up the footage they still spin quickly, hence the gusts, receding water and the following surges.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

Thank you dreamingawake!
I guess this water level thing is catching animals off guard.
I hope these manatee were rescued, not an easy task moving a 1,000lb critter around.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   
It's crazy to think that that is probably very similar to what the earth looked like when land first came to be. And yeah, the entire time I was thinking about the poor fish that were probably like 'wtf'

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: figurativelylost

Indeed as what was once the sea is now land and what was land is under sea in some places.

I was thinking or optimistically hoping that Nature probably sent out the memo to sea life with the underwater roar of the hurricane and movement of the hurricane and water or even some other natural electromagnetic signal that they should retreat further out to sea or dig deeper in the sand until water returns.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 08:12 PM
link   
ain't saying that these could be the entire explanation, but if the hurricane was setting a large number of water spouts off could it has added to the drainage?

www.youtube.com...

actually, I just loved the picture and wanted to share it.
edit on 11-9-2017 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

I had considered the water spouts too.

It is a plausible theory

Another out of box theory was the hurricane pressure presses some of the water deeper down into the spongy sandy sea floor and over time it comes back up to surface in combination with the rain from above refilling the areas displaced.

edit on 9/11/17 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I would see this sometimes growing up in Florida. Always wild to see.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus 13

or maybe the water is in the clouds, and will be returned later through the creeks and rivers??

it's probably a combination of a lot of different things. the hurricanes picks up moisture from the sea and drops it onto the land, and a lot was dropped onto texas.. the waterspouts pick it up. and then the eye has such low pressure it might be causing a bulge of water in the ocean underneath it. then add to all that that the wind is blowing either away from the shore, pushing the water out, or into the shore, pushing the water in.

thanks for embedding the video, I tried several different versions of it and for some reason, it wouldn't do it for me, so I just left the link.

it's an awesome picture!!!

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Thank you dawnstar for sharing more plausible theories to support the phenomena.

And I agree awesome video of the water spouts

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 01:32 AM
link   
I would love to see what people find/found using metal detectors.... Amazing.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 01:33 AM
link   
a reply to: ColdNCursed

Doubloons 'n pieces 'o eight.

Arrr.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join