It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Equifax breach exposes 143 million people to identity theft

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I think it happened on purpose...for some odd reason.
Its a BIG company, they should have precautions in security to STOP this from happening

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I think many are still blissfully unaware of how serious this is. Think about the things they can get from a credit agency. All prior jobs, all prior addresses, all your personal info, full SSN, all credit cards, etc.

This week, I received fraud alerts for two different 0 balance cards I have, where hundreds and a couple of thousand on the other were blocked. So obviously someone has spent the 30 bucks or whatever for my credit portfolio online, and I am now going to have to change out my cards, my debit, and now watch my credit like a hawk for probably EVER.. if someone tries to use my personal info to purchase something large, get a loan, buy a car, etc.

What a huge mess.. credit agencies should have mandatory audits, and Equifax should sued until they have nothing left, and be put out of business. I think it's utter crap that Americans have so little power over who can get your personal info, and have no say whatsoever in how it is then "protected." The entire credit reporting / SSN fiasco needs to be scrapped for something better.

new topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join