It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crazy dream about Big waves and Flooding

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I just woke up from this dream, and it's one of the realest feeling dreams I've ever had. One of those that's so real, I had to check where I was in the first few minutes after waking up.

I was on some type of island, that was connected to the mainland by 3 or 4 bridges, and some kind of natural disaster was on its way. People had an advance notice of a day or so, and everyone was getting ready. A lot of people had left but some were trapped because of something going wrong with the bridges, and I was one of the people trapped.

I was driving around to different areas on the island trying to gather supplies and looking for the highest buildings I could find to hopefully escape the flood. This is the part that sticks with me for some reason: I remember one small town square I passed by, and everyone was out just standing on the sidewalk looking at each other and talking. As I was driving by, a few of the people looked at me and something inside me says "All these people are going to die here". And right then, every person looked me straight in the eyes, as I continued driving around the little town square.

As I'm leaving the town, I notice the water is starting to break over a wall to my right, so I speed up, and out run it somehow. Eventually, I make it back to where I started the dream at, find some friends, and continue to scrounge for supplies.

It was a crazy detailed dream, but for some reason that one scene where everyone on the town square looked me in the eyes at the exact same moment and I knew they were doomed takes center place, and is so prominent a lot of the other details have faded to the background. Even though I woke up about 10-15 minutes ago.

I just can't get that image of everyone looking at me at the exact same moment out of my head. While other details have faded, I can remember every detail about that one, particular scene. And how I felt knowing those people didn't have a chance.

If you live on an island connected to the mainland by a few bridges and there's something on the way, get out.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   
After seeing how many threads are about storms/hurricanes today, I'm kind of weirded out.

I have to say though, it didn't feel like a hurricane in my dream. There was no rain, or high winds, or anything I would identify as a hurricane. And it was even kind of sunny. It was more like everyone had advance notice of a tsunami, or some kind of event with a lot of water rushing in.
edit on 6-9-2017 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
I just woke up from this dream, and it's one of the realest feeling dreams I've ever had. One of those that's so real, I had to check where I was in the first few minutes after waking up.

I was on some type of island, that was connected to the mainland by 3 or 4 bridges, and some kind of natural disaster was on its way. People had an advance notice of a day or so, and everyone was getting ready. A lot of people had left but some were trapped because of something going wrong with the bridges, and I was one of the people trapped.

I was driving around to different areas on the island trying to gather supplies and looking for the highest buildings I could find to hopefully escape the flood. This is the part that sticks with me for some reason: I remember one small town square I passed by, and everyone was out just standing on the sidewalk looking at each other and talking. As I was driving by, a few of the people looked at me and something inside me says "All these people are going to die here". And right then, every person looked me straight in the eyes, as I continued driving around the little town square.

As I'm leaving the town, I notice the water is starting to break over a wall to my right, so I speed up, and out run it somehow. Eventually, I make it back to where I started the dream at, find some friends, and continue to scrounge for supplies.

It was a crazy detailed dream, but for some reason that one scene where everyone on the town square looked me in the eyes at the exact same moment and I knew they were doomed takes center place, and is so prominent a lot of the other details have faded to the background. Even though I woke up about 10-15 minutes ago.

I just can't get that image of everyone looking at me at the exact same moment out of my head. While other details have faded, I can remember every detail about that one, particular scene. And how I felt knowing those people didn't have a chance.

If you live on an island connected to the mainland by a few bridges and there's something on the way, get out.

You didn't wet the bed by any chance?

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

Nope. Lol.

This time anyways..

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Yep. You have a Category 5 hurricane coming.
Her name is Irma.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Daalder
Her name is Irma.

That's the thing though, it didn't seem like a "storm", it was just about the water rising in my dream. I guess that could mean anything though.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Not doubting your dream but like the above poster said, the fact that we had one devastating hurricane and another is coming this may have spun your dream. This hurricane is will dump # loads of water. Reminds me of when we got flooded here in Cedar Rapids a few years back. Sure we got rain but it was the rain up North that truly made us flood. I was working downtown the day the waters came in. While it was no 10 foot walls of water it was still really scary to see water start coming down the streets.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: HawkeyeNation

That's probably it. It was just one of those dreams that seemed so real. And when that crowd all looked at me in the eyes at the exact same time, it was crazy.

I still almost get chills when I think about it. Just knowing everyone will be dead in a matter of time.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

To add in here, i also saw some sort of storm dream yesterday and it was also at some sort of island, there was big aircraft carrier type of ship at close to the shore and some people were diving for something important but suddenly all the ppl started to panic and run towards the carrier, i lookd to the ocean and it was like some sort of electric/radiation storm wall coming towards. There were allot of happening before that part and after but i just cannot remember, just bits and pieces but cannot put em in words really. Just odd timings, got me interested whats going on.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: romilo

The synchronicity of it all is definitely weird. I know it's just me saying it, but I haven't even really been thinking about storms, and haven't looked at the news in a couple days.

But it could be my subconscious picking up on cues, even though it's something I haven't been consciously thinking about.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Pretty much same here, after the dream i checked post about storm coming and during the day i talk about the coincidence of having the dream and big storm coming with my cousins, today it seems that there really is big storms. Another odd bit was that i havnt really remember my dreams in weeks, due to meds but this one part really stuck in my head, like did your topic do!

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   

You tapped into some form of precognition...and given the intensity of the Texas disaster and the coming of Irma...its not unusual to some who have that ability to perceive.

Some in fact...develop the precognitive abilities for the very first time BECAUSE of the intensity of the emotions of these current events.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

originally posted by: Daalder
Her name is Irma.

That's the thing though, it didn't seem like a "storm", it was just about the water rising in my dream. I guess that could mean anything though.

Maybe you remote viewed someone watching a tsunami documentary? Did you see the video where the water comes over a tsunami wall ?

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

I don't think it was a tsunami wall the waves were starting to break over, it was more like one of those long concrete dividers that are used in road construction.

The right side (ocean side) of the road I was on was lined with them.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   

It looks like all you've done here is dream of events that have gone on and are going on right now and your mind has put it together to make a dream.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Or, it could be manifestation by collective recognition, which most people don't appear collectively aware of so tend to toss it aside in their search for self validation.
edit on 6-9-2017 by ADSE255 because: Of

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Not so crazy. The Keys are under serious threat from Irma, and hurricanes have been in the news a lot lately. I'd say you are concerned about people, knowing some will be killed, and that's become a part of your dreams now. Can understand! I have some family in Florida, and other people we know, and while none are in serious danger areas, there is always some risk.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Did you happen to notice the type of island like tropical or pine tree covered or rocks and grass etc.? Did you get any type of feel for location? Are these road bridges or multiple pedestrian bridges? Maybe it wasn't an island but a location with a river going through and many bridges crossing that river and you were on one side making you think it was an island?

Do you have any more context you can add?

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: evc1shop

They were road bridges. I don't remember what was wrong with them other than them being blocked. Couldn't say whether it was a tropical island or not. The sky was filled with sunset-color big ocean-type clouds, but it wasn't stormy. Kind of reddish pink.

I'm pretty sure it was an island though, the ocean was the thing everyone was worried about in the dream, and I don't think a place on land would be able to be blocked off by several bridges closing.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 04:06 AM
link   
It does seem like synchronicity when such vivid dreams happen. What you're describing reminds me of Miami Beach and surrounding.

I've had a similar one in the past. At first it didn't seem so surprising of a dream, due to growing up in Hurricane alley. The buildings, some small to medium sized sky scrapers, etc., weren't metropolis sized but more of what I was used locally by the ocean as far as a city. The beach was flooding in, buildings met by catastrophic waves.

It hasn't ever struck me as a dream about any other placed than what I see similarly with yours. Minus the reddish pink clouds. Also, wasn't driving but observing from a building. Seems to be in first person, maybe stuck there with others.

Sincerely hope that plays out to be wrong, if it means anything at all besides a fear from the active environment where the type of situation is not unheard of.

new topics

top topics

join