It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Profile Pic or Avatars?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I'm new here and am curious on how to upload a profile picture for my user account. I notice most others have a picture of some sort with their name, which makes it easier to identify the forums member. I've messed around but haven't been able to figure it out. Is there something I'm missing? Or is it that I have to be here a while and have a certain amount of posts?

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Hey there!

Go to this thread:

BTS Avatar Creators 2017

The good folks there can help you by doing some artwork on your behalf (it's all volunteer) and there are instructions for how to upload and make your ATS avatar awesome.

edit on 6-9-2017 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

Thanks, I appreciate it. But how do I go about uploading the picture to ATS once I get one? I go to "My Account" and there is a section for avatars but nothing I put in the pace uploads or posts.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: AlienOutlaw

It's in the signature of that thread's Original Poster.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: AlienOutlaw

Click little white arrow on upper right

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   
At the very top of the page is a white ATS. on that row at the other end is a ( Dot/V ) symbol. Click on it.

A second row of symbols will appear. Click on ( Upload ) it will be a cloud looking symbol with an arrow facing up.

When you click on it, it will open a LARGE White window. To the top left there will appear ( Upload ).

Click on ( upload ) and it will prompt you to select a picture from your own pictures/picture library.

Select ( YOUR ) picture and click and another small window will appear to the top left of the large window. Select your file/picture and press ( Upload ) ...... it will upload your..... picture/avarar/gif.... of choice. Once loaded click on the picture you loaded and symbols will appear. Choose the one that appears as a person between the Cloud and the Square. Press that person profile and you will have your Avatar.

You can then exit out, and back to the forum.

Hope this helps.
edit on 6-9-2017 by Plotus because: GOOD LUCK

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Learn c++ then load up your compiler, wget the url to your avatar, sudo apt-get install avatar-builder.gzip, decompress the files, bash the command, go to church, pray for help, possibly go to confession, say 3 hail marys, drink 3 quick shots of vodka, convert to the ancient gods, loki will help you, sacrifice a lamb, press f1 9 times while holding your breath, turn off the tv, install divx, run malwarebytes, uninstall windows on any device, kneel and then hit the down arrow looking thing at the top to the right of myATS, not the other one, it resets your sinner status, click, upload, upload the image, click on the image, and select "Set as avatar"

For some reason this forum makes so easy to do, that there needs to be 948 guides on how to do it.

Now if you ask me about sizes, go back to step one. and make the image smaller.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: badw0lf

I did all of these commands and it worked for me.
You're a funny one you are!
edit on 6-9-2017 by PeterSellers because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: PeterSellers

glad to have been of service...

*sound of whooshing door closing*

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: PeterSellers
a reply to: badw0lf

I did all of these commands and it worked for me.
You're a funny one you are!

Great!

And welcome to the madness...

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlienOutlaw
I'm new here and am curious on how to upload a profile picture for my user account. I notice most others have a picture of some sort with their name, which makes it easier to identify the forums member. I've messed around but haven't been able to figure it out. Is there something I'm missing? Or is it that I have to be here a while and have a certain amount of posts?

Did you figure it out?

If you have any more trouble lemme know.

Welcome!!

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: badw0lf
a reply to: PeterSellers

glad to have been of service...

*sound of whooshing door closing*

You can by-pass the lamb and Loki thing if you make a malt-liquor sacrifice over the grave of a voodoo priest or priestess.

Don't cha love shortcuts!

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Thanks guys. I think I've figured it out. I'll be needing some fine tuning, though.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: AboveBoard

originally posted by: AlienOutlaw

Did you figure it out?

If you have any more trouble lemme know.

Welcome!!

Yes, it took a bit, but I think I've got it. Thanks for your help. I appreciate it.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Dats funny....and informative yes....a friendly tutorial.....

new topics

top topics

join