It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One of the amazaing creatures from this world

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 05:16 PM
link   
thought i would post this. its a clip of a parrot. some amazing things these birds are capable of doing.

media.animal.discovery.com...

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Parrots are truly intelligent creatures. I've seen TV programs about grey parrots and am truly amazed at their talent.

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 08:47 PM
link   
WOW, that was good.

There is another link here, with a Grey Parrot with a huge vocab:

Grey parrot knows 1000 words

And another who swears (He is in the Royal Navy!)

Swearing Naval Parrot

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Pretty cool. That was impressive.

Troy

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 10:53 PM
link   
That is really neat. I is amazing the intelligence of animals that so many think are lower than humans. I don't know about everyone here but I swear my dog is smarter than me......LOL.

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Man, ever since I was young I have wanted an African Grey Parrott but they are so damn expensive. They are some of the best speaking parrots and there is even evidence that they can actually solve simple problems. Once comfortable with their surroundings, they will mimic everything and I mean everything. I've even heard horror stories of some grey’s mimicking appliance noises such as dishwashers or PC printers. Can you imagine a bird repetitively belting out the sound of an old daisy wheel printer all day? Pretty intelligent animals.

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 11:31 PM
link   
cool links Stu
these grey parrots are some remarkable animals. i would take one over my dog anyday... although my dog is pretty intelligent too..he knows the commands sit, stay, laydown, and shake a paw..but he also knows what food, bathroom, treat, walk, and car ride mean too.

why cant dogs communicate like a parrot? is it because of their voice box? when i was watching the video i noticed that the parrot used different types of voices..whereas my dog is mostly the same old low sounding bark, unless i step on his tail

Tahlen

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 12:08 AM
link   
TAHLEN ------> good post !!! I was blown away. I thought it would be some cutsie thing, but that was incredible !!!! Thnks !!

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 07:26 AM
link   
that is awesome!!!!......my friend has a similar parrot and its always telling people that come round to 1."get naked with me!"
2."freeze....FBI"........
3."god sees everything"
there its favourite 3 but hes even trained it to tell him the kettles boiled!!....nature is truly awesome and it always makes you smile.

new topics

top topics

join