It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Lifts 20 Ton Block By Hand

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Sorry at work only time to post a fast link this is amazing could he be on to something? (If anyone can embed the vid many thanks!

"A Man from Michigan shows a forgotten technology of how to move and lift giant stones by hand.

I feel all those years at school were wasted being taught history and still never had any idea how these mysteries occurred yet a 5-minute video explains everything. "

youtu.be...
edit on 8/30/2017 by Gargoyle91 because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/30/2017 by semperfortis because: Corrected all CAPS

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Gargoyle91

can't get embedded. Sorry
edit on 30-8-2017 by TobyFlenderson because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Cheers
edit on 30-8-2017 by slapjacks because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Yea i have seen that before pretty cool

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Quite ingenious .
Makes it look very easy to do . And more amazing is he does it without modern equipment .

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   
How did he lift the 20 ton block onto the pivot? Why didn't he use whatever he used to lift it onto the pivot to lift it a little more so its standing up.

What i mean is, yes he can stand a 20 ton stone up striaght on his own, but is that only from the pivot? Did he need a machine to place it there first? Did he need lots of people to help him lift it? It doesnt show us in the video and it doesnt explain how he got it onto the pivot.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   
He could have poured the concrete into a mold already on the pivot, its one way to do it...

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: kamatty
How did he lift the 20 ton block onto the pivot? Why didn't he use whatever he used to lift it onto the pivot to lift it a little more so its standing up.

What i mean is, yes he can stand a 20 ton stone up striaght on his own, but is that only from the pivot? Did he need a machine to place it there first? Did he need lots of people to help him lift it? It doesnt show us in the video and it doesnt explain how he got it onto the pivot.

You dig a side out with weight on the other end. Place cribbing under the half you dug out, then slide the weights over to that side, dig out other side. Now you just let gravity do all the work shifting the fulcrum off center each time you tip it and raise the other fulcrum. A little bit at a time.
edit on 30-8-2017 by TinfoilTP because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Yup a straight road and a handfull of marbles and things roll right along.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   
It's cool but ,

the pivot and the concrete the contraptions... man hey this is possible even Archimedes did this. But this guy can't build stonehenge just a show nothing more . I love how 'skeptics' use this video to explain how the great pyramids were built , yeah one can lift a 3000 ton stone (refering to baalbek) but ... it needs a lot of preparation.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   

This guy needs to help me move my sh#t to my new place. lol

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 03:48 PM
link   

How did they place the mantle stones? This only shows how to stand it upright and as another poster asked, how did he get it onto a pivot in the first place?

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: neomaximus10
He could have poured the concrete into a mold already on the pivot, its one way to do it...

Only a stupid person would do that. Everyone else would turn the mold so its standing up then do your concrete pour.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: frenchfries
It's cool but ,

the pivot and the concrete the contraptions... man hey this is possible even Archimedes did this. But this guy can't build stonehenge just a show nothing more . I love how 'skeptics' use this video to explain how the great pyramids were built , yeah one can lift a 3000 ton stone (refering to baalbek) but ... it needs a lot of preparation.

Just one guy, a toy shovel like at the beach, a whole lot of buckets, and a desert full of sand.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: frenchfries
It's cool but ,

That's not much of a reference, considering the largest stones at Baalbek are all well under 1000 tons.

Harte

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: kamatty

Hollow? Styrofoam?

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Cribbing.... One side then the other side, over and over until in place.

Look into "cribbing"

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I've always found it odd that people think even huge heavy things can't be moved.

In the 1970's there was a video of a group moving and standing up one of the Easter Island statues. I've never been able to find it again, but I watched it in a class and again on PBS if I recall correctly.

They moved one from the quarry on rollers a few inches at a time to a location to stand it up. Then they used a simple lever to raise one end a little at a time while piling stones under it, until it was upright, removed the mound and it was moved and stood up in one day. No aliens, nothing weird, just simple tools people have likely been using since long before anyone credited with inventing them thought of it.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   
We were at Stonehenge for the Summer Solstice in June, 2016. My money is on ice raceways, and oxen. One logger and one horse, moved 1/4 mile string of logs, several miles in one cold night, to the mill! Use a long lever to pry each apart. Then walk the horse, hitched to the last log into the rear of your string. When the front one is hit, they are solid, and you're on your way to the log pond! A quarter mile string of old growth saw logs will equal any one stone In Stonehenge! Those logs moved 5 miles, but the blue Sarcen Stones came from 30 miles away. a reply to: tHarte

top topics

<<   2 >>

join