It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did NASA Coverup The Sun Releasing Dark Matter On August 23rd?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Interesting clip that has received many "thumbs up." Apparently on August 23rd, the Solar And Heliospheric Observatory caught a flash on the sun, which supposedly triggered a release of dark matter. NASA then turned off the observation instruments LASCO C2 and LASCO C3 and offered no explanation or data from monitoring instruments concerninfg this matter.

Back in 2010, WIRED magazine wrote an article titled, "DARK MATTER MAY BE BUILDING UP INSIDE THE SUN." It states in this article:

The sun could be a net for dark matter, a new study suggests. If dark matter happens to take a certain specific form, it could build up in our nearest star and alter how heat moves inside it in a way that would be observable from Earth.

"The sun has been whizzing around the galaxy for 5 billion years, sweeping up all the dark matter as it goes," Sarkar said.

The buildup of dark matter could solve a pressing problem in solar physics, called the solar composition problem. Sensitive observations of waves on the sun's surface have revealed that the sun has a much easier time transporting heat from its interior to its surface than standard models predict it should.

www.wired.com...

In 2015, the Daily Mail reported that dark matter could be responsible for the sun's core temperature decreasing:

Dark matter particles are thought to absorb energy in the hottest, central parts of the core. They then travel to different regions of the sun before scattering again and ‘re-depositing their energy,’ the researchers write. This reduces the central temperature and moves heat elsewhere. But this same effect also leads to lower nuclear fusion rates in the core, so the sun compensates by pumping more hydrogen into its core - keeping its luminosity constant. This has an effect of lowering the pressure towards the sun’s surface.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

In this article, it also states that Durham University scientists believe the type of dark matter in the sun is ‘asymmetric.' They stated the sun doesn't contain much antimatter, which means the sun's density of dark matter is never decreased. Could the sun, in fact, release dark matter once it reaches a certain level? Is this what was captured by SOHO on August 23rd?

edit on 8/26/2017 by shawmanfromny because: added article link

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   
There is no way SOHO would be able to see what dark matter could be, and the sun doing a light show would not be dark matter "burping" out of the sun.

That is not how any of that works.

What did I just read, that is all pure nonsense!

edit on 26-8-2017 by MuonToGluon because: SP

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I have watched these SOHO videos for years, this is a common thing to see. It is not dark matter.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Here, this is what they're trying to twist to get people to watch their BS videos for clicks:

A few of the dark matter particles passing through the Sun or Earth may scatter off atoms and lose energy. Thus dark matter may accumulate at the center of these bodies, increasing the chance of collision/annihilation. This could produce a distinctive signal in the form of high-energy neutrinos. Such a signal would be strong indirect proof of WIMP dark matter. High-energy neutrino telescopes such as AMANDA, IceCube and ANTARES are searching for this signal. The detection by LIGO in September 2015 of gravitational waves, opens the possibility of observing dark matter in a new way, particularly if it is the form of primordial black holes.

Many experimental searches have been undertaken to look for such emission from dark matter annihilation or decay, examples of which follow. The Energetic Gamma Ray Experiment Telescope observed more gamma rays in 2008 than expected from the Milky Way, but scientists concluded that this was most likely due to incorrect estimation of the telescope's sensitivity.

The Fermi Gamma-ray Space Telescope is searching for similar gamma rays. In April 2012, an analysis of previously available data from its Large Area Telescope instrument produced statistical evidence of a 130 GeV signal in the gamma radiation coming from the center of the Milky Way.WIMP annihilation was seen as the most probable explanation.

---------

Dark Matter - Wiki, while it's not an easy read for the novice, there are parts the novice could read to know some background of Dark Matter.
edit on 26-8-2017 by MuonToGluon because: Fixed

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   
The biggest contradiction in that video is that dark matter is supposed to be invisible, that's why it's called dark, perhaps misleadingly. It doesn't interact with photons, so it wouldn't show up on those instruments. It isn't dark as in black, it's just invisible.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Looks like something cooled down that side of the Sun, causing the solar wind to disappear. For the object that seemed to fall into the Sun, it must have affected the convection cells or magnetic field somehow. Maybe causing magnetic field line loops.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Cutepants

Not to mention that we have absolutely no clue what Dark Matter is/consists of, the only thing we do know about it is that it is there - what it is, the theories of the hypothetical particles it may consist of, cold or hot...we have ZERO clue.

We need big POWERFUL collider.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Looks like whatever hit the far side of the Sun, was enough to cool the surface down and create that dark gap where there is no solar wind. But that would take an incredible amount of mass. Each solar granule is about half the size of the USA and there are hundreds of thousands covering the Sun.
It would be like something absorbing or blocking all those free particles.
edit on 26-8-2017 by stormcell because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: MuonToGluon

Ca;n you give us some insight into what effects on the electromagnetic spectrum (and any other) that lay people might expect to be present (not necessarily seen by our instruments) from a discharge of DM from the sun?

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

DM would not be discharged from the sun - the residue from the annihilation of its particles would come as a spike in Neutrinos, in theory.

There would be none, as it would not occur.

DM would not interact with baryonic matter (us, the sun planets, atomic particles etc), it would not affect anything in the spectrum.
edit on 26-8-2017 by MuonToGluon because: Added + Fixed + Spelling

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

Probably not , I find this comment from the youtuber interesting.

It's funny, but, 30 minutes after I uploaded the video to YouTube, NASA included images from the LASCO C2 LASSO C3 tools with absolutely clean images. Hey, NASA! You're watching my work! NASA! Why did you turn the image over when the dark matter appeared?

Hmmmm.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: shawmanfromny
NASA then turned off the observation instruments LASCO C2 and LASCO C3 and offered no explanation or data from monitoring instruments concerninfg this matter.

If I go to the SOHO website and search for LASCO C2 & C3 images in August, I find plenty from August 23rd onwards' Try it:

sohodata.nascom.nasa.gov...

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Dark Matter isn't dark. It is (as far as we know) not only invisible, but does not interact with "normal" matter in any way, except for with gravity.

So dark matter would not look dark; it would look like nothing -- i.e., you can't see it.

edit on 26/8/2017 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Thanks guys for all the comments. As you can tell, when it comes to dark matter, I'm an imbecile.......

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Gee, a coverup of dark matter. If it was White Matter no problem, but since it is dark they can't say anything discrimitory in todays world.

I read an article not too long back about the sun possibly releasing dark matter and even producing some anti-matter. It has been doing that all along so i doubt it it really Matters.

NASA just ignores it because it isn't that bright.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Why would Nasa cover this up? Not following that part.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

Good question. The maker of the posted video clip didn't really explain that part. I thought it was interesting, because dark matter is still poorly-understood and mysterious. Perhaps NASA doesn't want people to know that earth is surrounded by dark matter objects and that it's also contained within our sun. Obviously I'm no expert and posted this because I thought it was an interesting topic. Whether or not NASA covered up this fact has not been proven, which is why I asked the question. I apologize for my ignorance on this topic...I've learned a few things already concerning dark matter and hope more knowledgeable people comment on this fascinating topic.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Dark matter can't be 'seen' it's presence is detected by indirect methods like gravitational lensing, So no dice.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Why would you think NASA wouldn't want the public to know about something?

NASA is just an American space agency, their budget depends on delivering valuable research.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Dark matter is weakly interacting. This means that if vast amounts were released from the Sun, we'd probably have no idea as it would pass right through the Earth without 'touching' anything noticeably.

The equipment monitoring the Sun requires periodic calibration or otherwise its measurements would not be accurate over time. When equipment is being calibrated, they usually do not capture images. So there is nothing sinister about a break in image captures.

You'd think these people who obsessively watch the output of such monitoring equipment would take a little time and try and come to terms with the science, so they might understand what they are seeing.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join