It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea reportedly fires projectile into Sea of Japan

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

That will teach Poseidon to mess with a two bit nutter dictator!

He must have a serious beef with Poseidon because every one
of his highly accurate missiles ends up down there.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 06:35 PM
link   
#pray4aquaman

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: RoScoLaz5
while everyone's watching Harvey.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Why should anything happen?

What's changed? To my mind, nothing.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Reports are that two of the three were duds and the third blew up shortly after launching!

www.foxnews.com...

Cmdr. David Benham, a spokesman for U.S. Pacific Command, said the missiles were launched over a 30-minute period. He said the first and third missiles "failed in flight," but did not provide further details. The second missile "appears to have blown up almost immediately," he added.

Benham said the missiles did not pose a threat to North America or U.S. military facilities on the island of Guam.

Whew!!
edit on 25-8-2017 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Reports are that two of the three were duds and the third blew up shortly after launching!

Sounds like Wile E Coyote setting off fireworks, lol.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I have waited a life time for someone to smack Kim off that little throne of his. Hopefully, soon, we will wake up and hear how North Korea fell while we was all tucked away sleeping.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: edaced4
So has this crossed the proverbial "line in the sand"??

Will they be "met with fire, fury and frankly power the likes of which this world has never seen before"

Will NK be "met with fire, fury, etc etc." - imho it will not. I think that our Potus would have taken action by now.

This cartoon reminds me of the proverbial "line in the sand." Trump is Bugs Bunny. Kim Jong Un is Yosemite Sam:

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 10:03 PM
link   

edit on 25-8-2017 by edaced4 because: (no reason given)

double...
edit on 25-8-2017 by edaced4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: dianajune

Will they be "met with fire, fury and frankly power the likes of which this world has never seen before"

Will NK be "met with fire, fury, etc etc." - imho it will not. I think that our Potus would have taken action by now.

This cartoon reminds me of the proverbial "line in the sand." Trump is Bugs Bunny. Kim Jong Un is Yosemite Sam:

Bugs is awesome!

dianajune, methinks you are correct. Perhaps more sanctions are in order? Oh...wait...those don't seem to work...

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: dianajune

That was a cute cartoon. It does appear that President Trump has a little compassion for Kim Jong, and a boatload of compassion for the good people of North Korea...thankfully!

Fire and Fury would be severe overkill at this point. The USA needs to focus on getting a tiny bit of lethal poison into Kim Jong's dog-burgers, or whatever he's eating now. Russians are able to do this with the enemies of Vladimir Putin. Doing the same to Kim Jong should be a piece-of-cake for our CIA.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

We can see how much you care.

Poison is not the answer. I would much rather see the US shame him in a battle of wits. If he goes for the home ground in our territories, I expect we will have retribution, and Korea will be re united.

Until then I believe, even with trump as pres, we are smarter.

Perhaps I am incorrect?

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 12:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: dianajune

Bugs is awesome!

dianajune, methinks you are correct. Perhaps more sanctions are in order? Oh...wait...those don't seem to work...

You're right. They never seem to work, and yet the Trump Administration issues them repeatedly. They didn't work with Iran (who's been helping NK with its nuke program), they don't work with Kim and now I heard they gave some to Venezuela.

How stupid is that? The definition of insanity is to try the same thing over and over and expect different results each time.
edit on 26-8-2017 by dianajune because: typo

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 12:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: dianajune

That was a cute cartoon. It does appear that President Trump has a little compassion for Kim Jong, and a boatload of compassion for the good people of North Korea...thankfully!

Fire and Fury would be severe overkill at this point. The USA needs to focus on getting a tiny bit of lethal poison into Kim Jong's dog-burgers, or whatever he's eating now. Russians are able to do this with the enemies of Vladimir Putin. Doing the same to Kim Jong should be a piece-of-cake for our CIA.
o

I don't know about using poison. I would prefer that Kim Jong Un get captured and tried for crimes against humanity in some kind of international court.

However, the chances of that happening are not good. I'd be more likely to win Mega Millions, Powerball and the Lotto all on the same day.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 12:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
a reply to: Shamrock6

I thought Kim had quieted down a bit with the threats.

Looks like he's bored again and over his brief nervous hesitancy. Time to beg for attention again. This time, he may wish he hadn't.

Precisely.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 01:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: queenofswords

He's just testing the waters again...sticking his toes in, to see what happens.

Nah. I'd say they are just testing missiles and they don't care one bit what anyone else thinks.

Nothing is going to happen. They know it.

This is precisely when something will happen. "Hillary is going to win. They know it."

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 01:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: UnderKingsPeak

originally posted by: neo96

That will teach Poseidon to mess with a two bit nutter dictator!

He must have a serious beef with Poseidon because every one
of his highly accurate missiles ends up down there.

If they didn't explode, someone should see if they can retrieve one or two and see what might be left. What if they were supposed to go down and sometime in the near future, once there are enough of them, they might be remote detonated and cause a giant Tsunami somehow. I think that it should be considered given that he is a bit mad.

Of course, he could just be testing the older missiles in his arsenal to ensure proper shelf life....

edit on 26-8-2017 by evc1shop because: spelling

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Why couldn't he do something ambitious like being the first world leader to go into orbit or land on the Moon?

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: evc1shop

They were SRBMs. Two failed after launch, one apparently blew up on the pad or just after launch.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Here's a short blurb from DefCon Warning System on Twitter:

Pacific Command retracts statement that North Korean missiles had “failed in flight.”

Source

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join