It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Graham Hancock Archaeological Evidence of Advanced Civilizations

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

I'm not saying everyone needs to drop the rat race, or that we all return to the 1800s or some nonsense. I'm all for advancing our society and technology, believe me. Maybe it's where I am in life, the struggles I see around me, in my country, that finds me bent on the opinion... that something is not right... just that something different needs to happen. Too many live below the breadline and all that. I've just reached a point were I find myself convinced that a return to our roots is necessary. I do want to be as organic and sustainable as possible, but to me that just makes sense. Modern logical sense. And technology has it's place there, too.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jimjolnir
a reply to: Byrd

I'm not saying everyone needs to drop the rat race, or that we all return to the 1800s or some nonsense. I'm all for advancing our society and technology, believe me. Maybe it's where I am in life, the struggles I see around me, in my country, that finds me bent on the opinion... that something is not right... just that something different needs to happen. Too many live below the breadline and all that. I've just reached a point were I find myself convinced that a return to our roots is necessary. I do want to be as organic and sustainable as possible, but to me that just makes sense. Modern logical sense. And technology has it's place there, too.

It might surprise you just how UNkind the "orgainc/back to the roots" system is. If everyone had their own farm to feed themselves, we'd quickly use up all the land (because it takes a lot of acreage... and I'm speaking as someone whose family owns a small farm) - they change the land, drive out nature (it would take around 100 acres of wilderness to sustain a couple of people (an acre is about the size of a football field)).

And THIS (returning to topic) is how we know there weren't any ancient civilizations that we "fell" from back to the Stone Age. Everything comes from something - hunter-gatherers can't make gasoline combustion engines because they never develop the tools and technology and trade systems and warehousing/stockpiling things. All that leaves marks on the land.

We've found campsites that date back hundreds and thousands of years (to 1500 BC and earlier) .. .and that's just traces of small bands of people. Think how huge a footprint is left by five million people.

new topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join