It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Research Shows Guccifer 2.0 Files Were Copied Locally Suggesting DNC Not "Hacked By Russians"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 01:46 AM
link   
EDIT: Month old news to append to an earlier discussion...

New Research Shows Guccifer 2.0 Files Were Copied Locally Suggesting DNC Not "Hacked by Russians"

Excerpt from article:

New meta-analysis has emerged from a document published today by an independent researcher known as The Forensicator, which suggests that files eventually published by the Guccifer 2.0 persona were likely initially downloaded by a person with physical access to a computer possibly connected to the internal DNC network. The individual most likely used a USB drive to copy the information. The groundbreaking new analysis irrevocably destroys the Russian hacking narrative, and calls the actions of Crowdstrike and the DNC into question. The document supplied to Disobedient Media via Adam Carter was authored by an individual known as The Forensicator. The full document referenced here has been published on their blog. Their analysis indicates the data was almost certainly not accessed initially by a remote hacker, much less one in Russia. If true, this analysis obliterates the Russian hacking narrative completely.

Close of article:

What is suggested is that the files now known as "NGP-VAN" were copied by someone with access to a system connected to the DNC internal network, and that this action had no bearing on the files submitted to Wikileaks and were most likely unassociated with Seth Rich, and definitively not remotely "hacked" from Russia.

edit on 22-8-2017 by Outlier13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 01:58 AM
link   
This is old news, been known for a couple months. Your article even dates July 10.
edit on 22-8-2017 by rexsblues because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 02:27 AM
link   
a reply to: rexsblues

I recall some discussion on this but didn't find this specifically referenced in a search. Regardless, I completely missed the article date being a month old.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 04:57 AM
link   
The Russians hacked us.
Jesus Christ.
Deal with it.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 05:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
The Russians hacked us.
Jesus Christ.
Deal with it.

What Russians ?

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 05:52 AM
link   

The Russians hacked us.
Jesus Christ.
Deal with it.

You sound very sure. Positive even.

“Based on the data we now have, what we’ve been calling a hack is impossible,” Folden told The Nation.

www.salon.com... r-ignore/

Here is a great piece of rhetoric which aligns with your bias. However one snippet is relevant:

I’m not going to get into the rest of the article and its claims about download speeds proving that the information could not have been assessed remotely. It’s highly technical, and I suspect that’s part of the point — relatively few readers can assess the information, and we have to rely on the journalists and analysts involved to know that it all wasn’t forged anyway. And I don’t trust any of the people involved to know if the “proof” is fake or not. The kindest description of these people is “eccentric.” Less kind would be “gullible” — but then what are we to make of The Nation, which chooses to give them space?

www.shakesville.com...

Short on facts, high on opinions.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 07:23 AM
link   

The Russians hacked us.
Jesus Christ.
Deal with it.

Your still stuck on the first question of the test.

Times up.

Turn in your work.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 08:50 AM
link   

The Russians hacked us.
Jesus Christ.
Deal with it.

A Russian named Jesus Christ hacked who ? What did you mean by us ? Didnt hack me . Or did the Russians hack us , us being Jesus Christ ?
Why bring Jesus into this ?
What do we deal with ? I usually use a deck of cards. Deal with the Russians hacking you ? Yeah, I will get right on that.
"Jimmy cracked corn ,and I dont care" . Does that count , too ?
Be specific...

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

This is why no one takes you people seriously.

edit on 8 22 2017 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 09:49 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   

The Russians hacked us.
Jesus Christ.
Deal with it.

Us

Silly you stand alone

top topics

join