It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flat earth theory?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 05:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy
a reply to: Gemwolf

Flat Earthers seem to come in various categories. There are Christian fundamentalists, people who don't believe the nonsense but just want to argue, people who believe anything that gets posted on YouTube - gullible idiots - and those who are simply clueless.

The FE videos are a priceless source of comedy, as are the comments to them.

every flat earther has one of two things on common...

Religion or stupidity...

usually both

edit on 22-8-2018 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 05:27 AM
link   
a reply to: sine.nomine

Quick question. If the Earth is flat, do you believe the flat Earth spins, just as the spherical Earth rotates?
Since I seem to be on a YouTube roll here, I can link you to a video I just watched, that is new, and deals with these issues, in this rebuttal made to this person, an astronomy teacher, who put out a anti-flat earth video that covers all the stuff you might have been taught in school about the earth.

go to around 25 minutes into the video for your answer. At 26 minutes she asks her video audience this question, and John answers it.
edit on 2018822 by LolliKum because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 05:28 AM
link   
a reply to: LolliKum

I can link you to a video

Why not give us your math instead.

Or did you just make it up? That 1/64 inch?

edit on 8/22/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 05:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: LolliKum
a reply to: sine.nomine

Quick question. If the Earth is flat, do you believe the flat Earth spins, just as the spherical Earth rotates?
Since I seem to be on a YouTube roll here, I can link you to a video I just watched, that is new, and deals with these issues, in this rebuttal made to this person, an astronomy teacher, who put out a anti-flat earth video that covers all the stuff you might have been taught in school about the earth.

go to around 25 minutes into the video for your answer. At 26 minutes she asks her video audience this question, and John answers it.

IF anyone would like a summery of this video just watch the first 2 mins

edit on 22-8-2018 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 06:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Is that invalid?
No, trigonometry is not invalid by itself.
The premises involved in the problem are wrong so anything coming out of the math is invalid.
1. the earth is not a spinning globe but a stationary plane.
2. The shooter and the target are locked into a relative relationship to each other because neither of them are moving relative to each other, even if both were on a moving surface.

(post by LolliKum removed for a manners violation)

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 06:19 AM
link   
If the earth is a flat plane, then there is no demonstrable method that can explain in that scenario, how some parts of the earth can be exposed to sunlight while in others it is dark.

Any light source above a flat plane would be observable at any point on that flat plane. If you have trouble visualising that hold a pea above your table, and try to find a point on that table where you cant see the pea.

And since the speed of light is absolutely proven, can be demonstrated FE'ers would have to devise an experiment that could demonstrate a "block" effect wherein light can only go *so far* to try and prove their theory and fit it with day/night cycles at different points around the flat plane.

Also, a flat plane model cannot explain how the sun can be low in the sky for me at sunset yet directly above someone else half the world away at the precise same time. anyone with skype and friends in other countries can prove this for themselves.

edit on 22-8-2018 by MasterAtArms because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 06:20 AM
link   

maths aside , has anyone been able to successfully prove the earth is a plane by actually travelling to the edge of the plane
since the theory has been around for a good length of human history at least one person should have been to the "ice wall" by now and debunked the global sorry planar hoax that is the spherical earth !

If not then why dont you do it , claim the glory , silence the doubters and prove it

Oh yeh , the military will stop you right ?

Also , what was the point in the Soviet Union building the Duga and wasting millions of money on a radar that doesnt need to go over the horizon ?

also how come you cant see all over the earth from mount everest with a telescope ?

how come astronomers cant look around the earth using telescopes from their mountain ranges
and wave at each other ?

How come people in the southern hemisphere cant see stars in the northern hemisphere and vice versa , same with toal lunar / solar eclipse
when it occurs in the opposite hemisphere in relation to earth ?

solar eclipses

how can eclipses be explained if the earth is flat ?

if the earth is flat , is doesnt matter where you are you should see every eclipse

edit on 22-8-2018 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Oh hey do you support that guy on patreon
the morgile ?

can you tell him to use the money he is taking from people talking this bull#
to use it to sail to the ice wall or planar edge and live stream it , instead of spinning bull# and taking peoples money !

oh right he never will eh , just continue to talk # , and go against thousands upon thousands of humans who have through scientific enquiry have confirmed the same observations

so nearly every civilisation from human history has agreed the earth is spherical !

also if the moon isnt far away , how come we have a laser reflector on it to prove its distance ?

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 06:52 AM
link   

It's ok Ive asked the morgile to use the money he collects from patrons to fund a trip to the ice wall !

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 06:54 AM
link   
why were gyroscopes invented

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 06:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82
Oh hey do you support that guy on patreon
the morgile ?

can you tell him to use the money he is taking from people talking this bull#
to use it to sail to the ice wall or planar edge and live stream it , instead of spinning bull# and taking peoples money !

oh right he never will eh , just continue to talk # , and go against thousands upon thousands of humans who have through scientific enquiry have confirmed the same observations

surely you jest ?!

everybody knows that anything on youtube must be correct as its free from MSM / Military / SpaghettiMonster cultists feeding us the lies.

right?

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 07:02 AM
link   

a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

If this were true, that would mean that the Sun would appear to get smaller and smaller . . .

The way that perspective works, things get lower, that start out as being high, as it gets further away.

No it's not. I live by an airport. Planes don't dip below the horizon or get low. They get small, still in the sky, then they get too small to see.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: MasterAtArms

Im not jesting, he believes vehemently that the earth is a flat plane, and can sit and debate it on youtube all day long , still isnt proving anything, it's just words the same as the explanation video is just words.

he will need to bring proof to the table a picture is worth a thousand words right
so if he is confident in his assertion , then he should be willing to prove it out right !

rather than fleecing the ignorant masses of their cash

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

I love how they use aeroplanes as an example , but fail to realise planes use gyroscopes !

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 07:07 AM
link   

The sun does not get smaller and gradually disappear. It stays the same size until it dips below the horizon.

Take a ride in an airplane. Flat Earth is now impossible. Sydney to Santiago.
What?
I have been on airplanes and have flow across the Atlantic, and all the way across the Pacific, and across the US from one side to the other quite a few times.
It looks pretty flat to me.
I think you might have a problem thinking about how travel works on a flat earth.
Here is how it works:
You have a compass which always points to the North Pole.
There is no South Pole. This is where people's thinking fail, they cannot reconcile travel with a compass because they were taught that there are two pints to the needle, one pointing North and one pointing South.
OK, that was wrong.
One end of the needle in a compass points to the center of the flat earth, and the other points to the outside of the earth.
So, it would in practical terms, work the same as you would expect in a spherical earth except if you for example started out going West and you kept going West according to your compass, you would eventually end up where you started, but instead of going around a great ball, you went in a big circle on a flat disk.

False again. I never mentioned a compass. Try this. Take your FE map. Look at the Sydney to Santiago route planes take. Determine on your map how far that is and how long it would take to make it. Then realize it's not possible on flat Earth. It can only happen if there is indeed a globe Earth with a South Pole.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 07:26 AM
link   
radar horizon

is this field of science also a hoax then ?

scientists the world over just grouping together to knowingly perpetrate a hoax for over 100 years

so how do some objects disappear on radar if the earth is flat and radiowaves travel in straight lines

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

When dealing with FE people you can't use those arguments. It's too complicated. I stick with arguments they can really see and experience with ease that leaves no real wiggle room. That's why Sydney to Santiago is my go to argument. There is no defense. Literally the only argument a FE has made was magical winds.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 07:29 AM
link   
How can the earth have an atmosphere on a flat earth
if the earths atmosphere is derived from a molten core of magma and electromagentic fields

how does the flat earth model explain the earths atmosphere , how does it explain tectonic plate movement and the creation of mountains on a flat earth ?

the more and more you investigate and look into every field of scientific study the more obvious it seems that flat earth is absolute #in bull#

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 07:31 AM
link   

the thing that gets me is they try to use Science to disprove the spherical earth
but it is completely incompatible with a flat earth as all of our science flies in the face of flat earth
nearly every field of science can point to a spherical earth based on the things we know are facts even biology could provide evidence of a spherical earth

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join