It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lost a friend today..

page: 1

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I have not known him very long but each time we met it was always a spirited and fun discussion, politically we were on opposite ends of the spectrum, he was a left wing Brit, me an American right wing gun lover.

We would be at a party and the two of us would argue politics all night while getting drunk, then a handshake and a hug and we would stagger off to go pass out, the next day no rancor, no hate just smiles for the new day.

He was only a few years older than me, saw him posting Friday around lunch on social media and he was dead by sundown, heart attack just as the guy was getting his life back together.

It really makes you pause and wonder, have I really taken care of the things that truly matter in the world, family, close friends, or have I become obsessed with the news, and the stupid that has been going on since the earth first started turning, and will continue long after I am dust.

So I guess as I sit here drinking whiskey thinking about my friend, have you told those you hold dear how much you love them, if not please do so. this weekend when you are getting wrapped up in the minutia instead go out with your loved ones and spend some time with them instead.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

I'm sorry to hear about your friend, that's a tough thing going through that. My regards..

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   

It's easy to get caught up in the political maelstrom. It used to be fun but it's just gotten to polarized and mean-spirited. Sorry about your friend; mine are cashing in as well.

Time to ride the wild surf....
edit on 20-8-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Sorry to hear you lost a friend.

I lost my best friend about 4 years ago to a long painful illness. It is tough. But I would hope you two will be able to continue your lively friendship on the other side.

Regards.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Sorry for the loss. Don't pass up an opportunity to tell someone how much you care about them.
Raise a glass.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Sorry for your loss.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Sounds like you have plenty of good memories with him.
As we all get older, it becomes a more frequent experience to lose the ones you love and care for.
Sorry for the loss of your friend.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Sorry for your loss.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Sorry for your loss. I have never lost a friend but know it is coming.

I have had a heart attack and stroke in the past year-my family is not close. Details not needed but I did call several people to tell them that I will always love them despite our differences and it gave me an immense amount of peace. As I am not a warrior I had just turned to silence that built into severe estrangement so as to protect myself but it just deepened my wounds.

You are absolutely correct. Telling your loved ones that you care for them releases so many past hurts-nothing better than forgiveness and communication even if it doesn't build into closeness it is good t know you told them.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Sorry to hear of the loss of your friend! I never take anyone or anything for granted because you never know what may happen tomorrow. Hugs!

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   
We were both members of a social club, the Hash House Harriers his kennel away from home was not far from where I live right now.

They will be holding a wake of sorts this Sunday, drinking, folks sharing stories of their time with him, a run, followed by a dinner outside as the sun sets.

I will be there, and I hope he is watching us as we toast our time with him.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 03:12 AM
link   
I'm sorry you lost your friend ,and so suddenly too. Its never easy . I will raise my glass to your friend , and keep you in my prayers tonight . You are correct about cherishing those we love now, because you never know.....life is short. Again, sorry for your loss.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 04:43 AM
link   

have you told those you hold dear how much you love them, if not please do so. this weekend when you are getting wrapped up in the minutia instead go out with your loved ones and spend some time with them instead.

That is damn good advice ...salut !

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   

My sincerest condolences Irishhaf.

Its always a shock when someone dies suddenly. Its awful to lose someone at all, but to have it happen out of nowhere, in no time flat, is always jarring. Some introspection is natural during times like this.

top topics

join