It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your FBI Preventing Terrorism Again

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   
This is disgusting and I am hopefull the new FBI director will set some new guidelines or stop this BS altogether preferably.

OK link

Varnell met with an undercover FBI agent at a restaurant in Elk City, where he detailed "wanting to start a revolution," according to a federal criminal complaint.

The FBI agent posed as an explosives expert who wanted to help Varnell accomplish his plans, according to the court filing.

The undercover agent is referred to in court documents as "the Professor."

Varnell said he identified with the "III% ideology," a paramilitary group that is hostile to the federal government. He also said he liked the movie "Fight Club," in which the protagonist hopes to erase all debt by blowing up buildings where credit card records are stored.

Varnell had a bunker to store food and supplies on his family's property in Sayre, an informant told the FBI.

The bunker is described in court filings as a large storage container buried on three sides with power running to it and the lights on.
Varnell allegedly also told the informant that he was building a secret room hidden by a bookcase in a new house his family was building. The room would be used to grow marijuana, the informant said.

One of the articles on him called this an 'underground bunker'.

Link to family statement

We as a family are extremely distraught about this situation with our son Jerry Drake Varnell, but what the public must understand is that he is a paranoid schizophrenic and is extremely susceptible to different types of ideology that normal people would deem immoral. Underneath his condition, he is a sweet-hearted person and we are extremely shocked that this event has happened. However, what truly has us flabbergasted is the fact that the FBI knew he was schizophrenic. The State of Oklahoma found him mentally incompetent and we, his parents have legal guardianship over him by the Court. These documents are sealed from the public, which is why no news media outlet has been able to obtain them. The FBI clearly knew that he was schizophrenic because they have gathered every ounce of information on him. Reading the criminal complaint against him has brought us great pause due to the numerous lies from the informant. We do not have an underground bunker! We built our home a few years ago and bought a storage container, as we use it for a storm shelter. We only recently pushed dirt up around it to make it safe. The building is used for storage and is NOT a bunker full of food and supplies, in fact the doors close from the outside. It has neither electricity nor anything that would make it habitable.

He has no job, no money, no vehicle, and no driver’s license, due to the fact that he is schizophrenic and we; his parents do everything we can possible to keep him safe and functional.
He has attended college and just enrolled in welding school. His medications allow him to be somewhat functional but he will never be completely functional in life. His brain does not work like a normal person and never will due to the nature of his mental illness. He has suffered through countless serious full-blown schizophrenic delusional episodes and he has been put in numerous mental hospitals since he was 16 years old.

We know who their informant is and what the public should know is that he is that a drug-dealing criminal. On June 15, 2017, Jerry’s Father told the criminal informant “that he was not allowed back on our property and if he returned we would have him arrested for trespassing and drugs”.

I don't know what else to say. FBI just destroyed a family as well as a life that was already destroyed. An ounce of compassion would say let the family know and get him help.

But wait...the FBI needed another notch in their belt...it has been a while since they foiled a terrorist attack

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: liveandlearn

So just let people cause destruction, without trying to stop them first?

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3daysgone

So just let people cause destruction, without trying to stop them first?

Without trying to entrap them first. The guy needed help yet they found someone to encourage him. If you didn't read the op you should go back. There were other options than entrap him so the FBI could have a win.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: 3daysgone

yea that's what i was thinking, if they hadn't given him enough rope to hang himself with, and let him skate off. later when he really did blow up a federal building like his inspiration ol tim. the op would be pissin and moanin that they had him why didn't they stop him.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 07:54 PM
link   

I believe the point being made is that the suspected "terrorist" didn't have the means to be a terrorist until the agent materialized. The fact the suspected terrorist is a 'brain donor' just adds to the senility of the crime, or suspected would-be crime..

Are there not enough 'real terrorist' around that anybody that has typed anything on what should be an anonymous message board is now a terrorist IF You know if the alpha bet agencies assist them in getting their bomb making gear...

If the FBI hadn't showed up, this crook would be easy to spot walking on the side of the road, talking to Himself carrying the bomb He made...

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

The FBI informant wasn't an agent unless they made him so after the fact. Apparently they knew of the relationship and exploited it, perhaps to get him off a drug charge. And the guy certainly wasn't happy the family threaten him if he came back to the house.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Without trying to entrap them first. The guy needed help yet they found someone to encourage him. If you didn't read the op you should go back. There were other options than entrap him so the FBI could have a win.

I do understand you perspective, but the guy was going to do it. It may not be right for the FBI to do this morally, but I would tell someone no if they offered me things to do something bad. I sympathize for the man's family, but not for the man. Just my opinion.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   

I believe the point being made is that the suspected "terrorist" didn't have the means to be a terrorist until the agent materialized. The fact the suspected terrorist is a 'brain donor' just adds to the senility of the crime, or suspected would-be crime.

To me that begs the question, should they wait for him to attain the means, but might not be able to stop him?

Are there not enough 'real terrorist' around that anybody that has typed anything on what should be an anonymous message board is now a terrorist IF You know if the alpha bet agencies assist them in getting their bomb making gear...

I see your avatar. Beautiful dog. Do you hunt?
Hunting terrorists is a thing. They are already radicalized or they would never have wound up seeking help to do what they plan to do. If they do not succeed at their mission, are they any less a terrorist?

If the FBI hadn't showed up, this crook would be easy to spot walking on the side of the road, talking to Himself carrying the bomb He made...

Maybe. But what if no one spotted him?

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   

That is what I meant. There is little chance of this guy actually pulling off a caper of this magnitude. He hasn't got a pot to piss in but some built up aggressions...

Or We can just cite what the Courts of Oklahoma has already determined "Mentally Incompetent"

"No" on the hunting but He and His hermaphroditic sibling and I go fishing quite often.. We go to the dog park and then go fish..

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 08:28 PM
link   

That is what I meant. There is little chance of this guy actually pulling off a caper of this magnitude. He hasn't got a pot to piss in but some built up aggressions...

He couldn't get a gun and just start shooting people? At the very least maybe he will get the help that he needs now while he is not a danger to society. Thinking about it, I change my mind. I do fell for this guy. He is definitely troubled.

Or We can just cite what the Courts of Oklahoma has already determined "Mentally Incompetent"

Mentally Incompetent or not, if you are a danger to society you should not be in society. Do you agree with that?

"No" on the hunting but He and His hermaphroditic sibling and I go fishing quite often.. We go to the dog park and then go fish..

Catch a big one, unless you like perch.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 08:29 PM
link   
This is kind of a win win either way.

If he's too mentally ill to be a threat, he'll get the help he needs if he gets off on an insanity plea. A win for him.

If he was about to commit an act of horror, he's off the streets and behind bars. A win for those he would have killed and maimed.

Perhaps that was the logic behind it?

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 09:28 PM
link   
well it`s good that the FBI nabbed him before he started talking to real terrorists because as his own father said:

he is a paranoid schizophrenic and is extremely susceptible to different types of ideology that normal people would deem immoral

why was this guy even allowed out in public without close supervision? he should have been in a mental institution.

this is exactly the kind of person that terrorist organizations use to strap a bomb to themselves and blow themselves up in a crowded area.

edit on 17-8-2017 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

top topics

join