It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lockheed built the rocket/ ramjet hypersonic stealth missle!come on in and have a peek!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 06:22 PM
link   
www.google.com...:zd0Kue-GDucJ:www.lmaeronautics.com/palmdale/lmla/images/stardust0700.pdf+sparkle+stealth+apparatus&hl=e

Ok i hope this links you to the page...its an interesting look at the world they work in. I was interested in some ofthe systems people were working on.

Hypersonic stealth missles.... nice!

[edit on 8-2-2005 by MadGrimbo]

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Just look at thelist of stuff there... super sonic business jet no-2!

We have yet to see the first one... let alone the second one...this is some good stuff!

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 08:55 PM
link   
hmmmm...Thanks for the link...dispite that its 5 years old.

Also MadGrimbo - We do know what the first looks like, Its a low boom design, so it can fly over land (unlike the concorde).
It has a normal tail, but it also has a upside down "V", the purpose of it is that it dissrupes the boom, making it much weaker.

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Ok, i love the graphic...now show me the pictures of a real craft.

So, no, you have not seen a super sonic business jet yet...none of us have..and as it says, there are 2.

You have a nice graphic of what it MAY look like, but no photo...and yet there are 2. Sorry
Also, i cannot find any pictures or even a mention of a Hypersonic stealth missle...despite it being a 5 year old list...
So, ill keep looking.

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I havn't yet found any pics either...But I found its US patent number.

Lockheed Patent

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Murc, you are solid Gold..!!

You have cracked a puzzle that has botherd me since sept 11th. 2001.

Flight 93 went down, and an eye witness described " A small white jet, two rear mounted engines, and a spoiler like a sports car at the back. Never seen any thing like it."
No, you have just made it very clear... the small, quiet jet that sped over and circled.... with a spoiler on the back like a sports car....

We need a picture of this plane !!

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 02:39 PM
link   
there are NO super sonic B jets flying yet...
Not even the one proposed by LM!!!!
Lockheed and that french company are 2 companies with PLANS for a SSBJ...but nothing has come of them yet....
I read somewhere LM dose have some type of a patent having to deal with a new SST....I will try and find that link to back me up...
but as of yet NOTHING related to a new SST has flown since the demise of Concorde

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 09:25 PM
link   
true, as far as anyone knows, the SSBJ's are still in Concept phase, and wind tunnel testing, but they will be in the sky in 5 years.

Lockheed was contracted to build the SSBJ bySupersonic Aerospace International (SAI), which it will have the name: The Quiet Small Supersonic Transport (QSST). The goal is have the boom be 1/100 of the concorde, making it able to go mach 1.6-2.0 over the US.

But thats not the only SSBJ (Super-Sonic Business Jet) in the works.

The other is the Aerion Corporation, they also are in the process of creating a supersonic jet, Although they dont have Skunk Works on there side. Theres will be a low boom design, so it wont be as quiet as the SAI jet. It because of noise it will only go mach 1.1 over land, and over water it will go mach 1.5. Despite the same supersonic goal, the jets look very different.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 04:18 AM
link   
If any SSBJ's are ever built who will buy them? Surely the manufacturer of any SSBJ is going to be looking to sell around 200 examples to make the programme worthwhile.

As it is aimed at businessmen won't the economy of conventional bizjets and the speed of the internet make such aircraft redundant?

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by MadGrimbo
Murc, you are solid Gold..!!

You have cracked a puzzle that has botherd me since sept 11th. 2001.

Flight 93 went down, and an eye witness described " A small white jet, two rear mounted engines, and a spoiler like a sports car at the back. Never seen any thing like it."
No, you have just made it very clear... the small, quiet jet that sped over and circled.... with a spoiler on the back like a sports car....

We need a picture of this plane !!

If there was ever an aircraft involved in FLight 93s crash, then that description fits any number of Business Jets built since the 1960s - its a bog standard T tail (the horozontal stabalisers mounted on the top of the verticle stabaliser).

IMHO there IS a market for the SSJB - look at how many businessmen travelled by Concorde to and from transatlantic meetings! Of course, today you dont have to own 100% of an aircraft, you can buy a timeshare in one - that will bring the affordability down quite a lot and allow many people access to these types of aircraft.

SSBJs may even be the incentive needed to 'solve' the sonic boom issue, thus allowing the aircraft to fly over populated areas at high speeds (there was some research lately into nosecone shapes, one of which looked suspiciously like the prow of a speedboat - spread the shockwave in the correct way and it lessens the impact on those below you).

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by waynos
If any SSBJ's are ever built who will buy them? Surely the manufacturer of any SSBJ is going to be looking to sell around 200 examples to make the programme worthwhile.

As it is aimed at businessmen won't the economy of conventional bizjets and the speed of the internet make such aircraft redundant?

SAI (the Skunk Works built one), estimates 2,000 sold by 2014. I think that a bit of a reach...but its possible, like they always say: No matter how rich you are, you can never buy back time.

[edit on 10-2-2005 by Murcielago]

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Murcielago
true, as far as anyone knows, the SSBJ's are still in Concept phase, and wind tunnel testing, but they will be in the sky in 5 years.

5 years!!!!! It will a lot longer than that surely!?!?!?!?

I do like the shape of that tail though

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Infidellic

Originally posted by Murcielago

5 years!!!!! It will a lot longer than that surely!?!?!?!?

I do like the shape of that tail though

SAI said they hope to have it operational by 2011, So I figured by 2010 there would a experimental testing plane in the sky.

me to, that inverted "V" looks damn cool and it softens the Boom, a win-win.

new topics

top topics

join