It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'I Give Up': Top War Crimes Expert Resigns From U.N.'s Syria Inquiry

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 12:57 AM
link   

She added: "Believe me, the terrible crimes committed in Syria I neither saw in Rwanda nor ex-Yugoslavia. We thought the international community had learned from Rwanda. But no, it learned nothing."

Over the course of numerous reports, the commission has documented what it says are serious crimes by the government and by nonstate armed groups.

The commission said in a statement that Del Ponte told them in June that she planned to resign.

Holy hell! This is the end. The war crimes that have happened in Syria are now greater than anything we have ever seen.

Anything we have EVER seen!?

That's it folks... Hell is here.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 12:59 AM
link   
a reply to: HunkaHunka

You've only just realised?

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 01:05 AM
link   
So get out of Syria tuck tards. Why a Syrian civil war had to become a raging hell hole to the world I dont know. I dont think I have ever even met a Syrian.

Stop sending weapons to psychotic goat herders for tribal warfare.

Stop making war for profit through the international community that the UN protects the interests of.

Oh, sorry. I know how upset the UN gets when people forget to kiss their ass for saving the world.

Thanks, tuck tards.

edit on 8 16 2017 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 01:10 AM
link   

If you were placing your hopes for the U.N. to do anything useful then you must be pretty naive. They are a useless bunch of Globalists and their only agenda is enslaving the planet not helping bring justice or peace.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 02:47 AM
link   
I imagine that it would be a tough job to review report after report of the killing fields. There have been a lot of different conflicts with a lot of different tools in the Syrian engagement. Some of the recent photos of some towns in Syria shows a lot of destruction going on.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 03:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: HunkaHunka

She added: "Believe me, the terrible crimes committed in Syria I neither saw in Rwanda nor ex-Yugoslavia. We thought the international community had learned from Rwanda. But no, it learned nothing."

Over the course of numerous reports, the commission has documented what it says are serious crimes by the government and by nonstate armed groups.

The commission said in a statement that Del Ponte told them in June that she planned to resign.

Holy hell! This is the end. The war crimes that have happened in Syria are now greater than anything we have ever seen.

Anything we have EVER seen!?

That's it folks... Hell is here.

Bull#, I'm calling Bull#..... So sick of these war mongering assholes.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 03:17 AM
link   

this reads like Del Ponte has been given a job to do and shes quitting because its to much work?
her statement is basically saying she thought she wouldnt have much work to do after the nations learned their lesson, and since they havnt her job is to tough so shes quitting.

shes literally saying she refuses to help because to much help is needed, more help then she is willing to offer.
just sounds to me like she is the wrong person for the job

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 03:22 AM
link   

You are supposed to win the war in order to judge the losers with the 'crimes' your propaganda has blamed them with in order to justify the intervention.
Nobody was expecting one year ago that Assad would still be in place and that it would now be Bibi Netanyahu's turn to be on an ejection seat.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Right, the Syrian govt is still slaughtering their own people after 6 years and 5,000 bombing raids, according to figures I found on this site, they still cant free the Syrian people.

Russia comes in and flies 5-6 missions and just about wipes ISIS off the face of the earth and the US engages in Acts of War against Russian forces.

the US wants to build a pipeline through Syria so they can force eastern and western European countries to by American sold oil instead of Russian soled oil in order to to keep the US dollar worth something and therefore still afloat.

By defending itself against invasion by US backed forced Syria is guilty of crimes against humanity.

100% proven incontrovertible (where have I heard that before) fact, never just accusation..

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 05:21 AM
link   
At least she resigned from a position she believed ineffective, plenty would have just kept up the pretence; she's openly critical too which will bring more attention and focus to their failures.

top topics

join