It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question - What happened to: " Hatred, Racism, and Sheer Stupidity STOPS NOW."?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Hello Team,

Sadly, I ask:

www.abovetopsecret.com...**ALL MEMBERS** The recent surge in Hatred, Racism, and Sheer Stupidity STOPS NOW.

Is ATS giving up? Is this decorum no longer relevant?

Mods please reply.

Gwynn

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: gwynnhwyfar
Hello Team,

Sadly, I ask:

www.abovetopsecret.com...**ALL MEMBERS** The recent surge in Hatred, Racism, and Sheer Stupidity STOPS NOW.

Is ATS giving up? Is this decorum no longer relevant?

Mods please reply.

Gwynn

So , you say the mods are not doing their due diligence ?
Have you done your due diligence by alerting the mods ?

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   
My question is not directed towards due diligence. It is to the direction of the site, and my Moderators are the conduit.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 10:17 PM
link   
What do you expect... ATS has become a political forum

Wish it wasn't.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: rigel4
I would like to know whether current site direction is to follow the directions in the previous ALL MEMBERS board post or if this is no longer considered relevant to the site direction.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 10:35 PM
link   

a reply to: rigel4
I would like to know whether current site direction is to follow the directions in the previous ALL MEMBERS board post or if this is no longer considered relevant to the site direction.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Wow..that thread was started when Barack Obama was President. The liberal MSM would have you believe that hate groups came into being the day President Trump was elected.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust
Irrelevant. The question is what the site considers to be satisfactory now.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Everyone can have a change of heart and see the hatred being spewed from both sides. Everyone grows. Just be glad someone has seen what is happening here and wants it to stop. I know I do.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Irrelevant. The question is what the site considers to be satisfactory now.

I have been perplexed over how certain words are OK, while others will get you a warning. Until further guidance is given, just speak your mind and hope for the best.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I am not perplexed at all and words that mean bad things continue to mean bad things.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: gwynnhwyfar

My opinion on the matter is that ATS staff is doing well moderating any hatred, bigotry and racism as it comes up.

What is hard for some to comprehend is that because they 'think' it's racist/hateful/bigoted doesn't make it so.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 11:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: gwynnhwyfar

What is hard for some to comprehend is that because they 'think' it's racist/hateful/bigoted doesn't make it so.

Agreed. This a very important point because 'hate speech' keeps getting redefined, mostly by the left. Sometimes (actually, most the time) things like common sense or statistical facts, or someones dating preference, or even someones political opinions etc are deemed 'hate speech' by some.

This is not 2009 anymore, when the first thread I suppose was made by the owners about this. Nor is it 2012 (when the thread the OP linked was created.) where the term 'hate speech' really went into high gear. There has been a serious shift, of a political nature that has completely turned the term 'hate speech' on it's head.

To the poster who said ATS has turned into a political site...It's getting real old seeing people regurgitate this everyday. ATS didnt go political, the whole damn world did. ATS is merely a reflection of user generated content, pretty simple.
edit on 15-8-2017 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 03:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Once again a new liberal had things not go his way,I hardly see what you are seeing one tends to do that when they have an agenda,the moderators do their jobs you must grow upand realize reality is tough like that

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 03:30 AM
link   
I have seen no hate whatsoever
What I have seen are people attempting discussions about a topic that is sensitive which seems to trigger people into a competition of "I'm more liberal than thou" And anyone's viewpoint that clashes with others is now called hate speech. It seems the internet gives everyone the absolute right to be righteously indignant on behalf of someone else!

The words hate and racist have been redefined constantly to fit whatever narrative is being spewed to the public
I for one am sick to the back teeth of seeing racist thrown into a discussion whenever a person is losing the argument. Big difference between hate and fed up!

Nothing to add to a thread? call racism
Can't counter a valid argument? call the op racist
Don't like the sources? Call them racist

Everyone on here is supposedly of a bit higher intelligence or so we like to think, capable of intelligent discussion and debate, willing to listen to both sides of an argument, able to research for themselves. Seems those days are long gone

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Nothing changed. The same rules are still being applied.

There are thousands of posts each day, and with the limited active moderators we simply cannot read each and every post. We rely heavily on members reporting T&C violations. So, if you see a problem, report it.

But remember:
1. Just because someone disagrees with you doesn't make it a T&C violation.
2. Just because someone has a negative opinion about a specific group of people does not necessarily make it racism or hate speech.

Anger usually result in anger. Hate breeds hate. These are troubling times and emotions are running high. Members are responsible for posts and content - not the staff or management. Moderators are just here to ensure civility and decorum - but also to allow people a space to voice their opinions and feelings within the rules of the board.

TLDR: If you see a problem, let the mods know. All reported posts and threads are reviewed by all available moderators (not just one person), so if a post you reported remains unactioned within a reasonable period of time, it wasn't a T&C violation.
edit on 16/8/2017 by Gemwolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 04:47 AM
link   
I've seen so much racism and neo-nazi postings on ats lately that I'm about to give up on this place as it's transforming into Stormfront mk2.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 06:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldtimer2

Once again a new liberal had things not go his way,I hardly see what you are seeing one tends to do that when they have an agenda,the moderators do their jobs you must grow upand realize reality is tough like that

My point . There is a due process for reporting anything offensive. With the way I was replied to , seems like the OP wants to alert everything they FEEL is wrong. Wonder how much that is ?

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 06:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz
I've seen so much racism and neo-nazi postings on ats lately that I'm about to give up on this place as it's transforming into Stormfront mk2.

Have you performed your responsibility to ATS and other members by alerting the mods?
Read Gemwolf's post again
This thread has been answered.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 07:07 AM
link   

No he's just given it the ok to come out of the closet so to speak.
You're not defending him and his racist comments are you?
If so you have a new label too.
So many of you have a new label on you today.
I thought I knew you guys at least a bit.
But no. This is all quite a surprise and hugh disappointment to me.
I thought ok passionate about this person. I don't know why but they are.
Now I know why.
He supports a dangerous agenda and you guys want that.
You guys think America is a country for whites.
Obviously. You all want a race war. You're all itching for it.
MAWA
edit on 8162017 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 07:12 AM
link   

And what happens when half the members go rogue supporting hatred and segregation. Or just somehow think because they're white they're better?
What then dude?
America was NEVER a white nation.
Most of the people on the planet have brown skin btw not white.
Whites are the minority.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join