It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top labor leader resigns from Trump’s jobs council after Trump blames ‘both sides’ for Charlot

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   
And? someone else will fill the position.

Leftist tools reaching for anything to damage and talk BS about our President, laughable. Like what is the purpose of the thread? Other then weak leaks exposing themselves? That makes the Presidents job easier from having to fire the dummy.

Plus, don't yous people hate CEOs?

The point of the council is to discuss production and driving growth, sure it may just be all PR, but at the very least, thats the premise and foundation of the council.

These CEOs leaving, all are a product of exactly whats wrong with this country.

Feelings hurt? awww poor baby, go ahead and resign.

There are still plenty of people on it who devotely believe in American progression and aren't effect by the BS.

No water off our backs.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3daysgone
a reply to: olaru12

No more so than attacks on free speech that has been been going on for quiet sometime now. Where was your outrage there?

Haven't you heard of the saying,

What attacks on free speech? I haven't seen congress passing any laws against free speech. That's really all the first amendment protects.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

Did you seriously just say that what's wrong with this country is that our corporations won't cooperate with a Nazi sympathizer?

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: Arnie123

Did you seriously just say that what's wrong with this country is that our corporations won't cooperate with a Nazi sympathizer?

That's what I heard

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Assuming this person had the power to do good things for this county it's a shame he has withdrawn his services to do so. I think it would have been a much bigger statement to continue to do the good work he was doing despite the terminal. Now the country is worse off than it was before, how is that suppose to be a win against racism and hate?

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

In reference to quitting as a result of "touchy feelys".

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 08:54 PM
link   

The fact that he can't get anything done. He doesn't have a single major piece of legislation or part of his agenda passed yet

Just bing What has Trump accomplished in his first 8 months of office. Now considering the backlash he has taken from opposing sides compare his accomplishments with.
I think his work on the VA is a very major accomplishment. His work on politicians becoming lobbyist was another major accomplishment. Just because you don't want to give credit where it is due doesn't mean it is not due.

The closest thing to a success he has is a Supreme Court justice, and he didn't even do that one... he was handed it by the previous Congress.

He could have denied it, but didn't. So yes it was up to him. He did the right thing. A very good accomplishment in our government.

Most of the positions haven't been filled because he can't get anyone through Congress.

So then Congress is to blame. Not Trump.

His total lack of self control has created a situation where his party controls both the House and Senate, and yet are so hostile to him that even with all that power he can't put forward a reasonable nominee.

They were against him when he was first started running for President. Why do you think it is something that he has done now? They have always been against him. That is why I like the idea of him being President. Now the people have someone who will fight government for them, at least more so than any other person who was running.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: HunkaHunka

LOL...yes...lets look to Trumka as a beacon of who to listen to when it comes to riots and violence. Do you have any idea on this guys background?

Here's a small portion:

Consider a multi-state coal miners strike organized by the UMW back in 1993. As union president, Trumka ordered more than 17,000 workers to walk off their jobs. He was determined, among other things, to ensure that nobody would find work in a mine without paying dues or agency fees to the union. He explicitly told strikers to “kick the # out of” employees and mine operators resisting union demands. UMW enforcers obliged him. They vandalized homes, fires shots at a mine office, and cut power to another mine, temporarily trapping 93 miners underground. Worse yet, a union goon on July 22, 1993 murdered heavy equipment operator Eddie York, a nonunion contractor, shooting him in the back of the head in his pickup truck as he drove past strikers at a Logan County, West Virginia work site; a bunch of goons then proceeded to pelt York’s would-be rescuers with rocks. Rather than apologize, Trumka offered the following rationalization: “I’m saying if you strike a match and put your finger in, common sense tells you you’re going to burn your finger.” In other words, Eddie York had it coming. His widow, Wanda York, saw things differently. She sued the union for $27 million, naming Trumka and other union officials as co-defendants. After a long battle, UMW lawyers quickly decided to settle out of court in June 1997 once federal prosecutors announced they would release evidence from the trial of Jerry Dale Lowe, convicted of conspiracy and weapons charges related to York’s murder by a federal jury three years earlier.

The election of John Sweeney as AFL-CIO president in the fall of 1995 gave Trumka a new career as federation secretary-treasurer; apparently, the AFL-CIO didn’t see Trumka’s de facto advocacy of United Mine Workers violence as a problem. Nor would it see a problem in April 1998 when Trumka, now UMW immediate past president, gave a wink to criminal violence by loyalists against dissenters at a rally in Bentleyville, Pa., where he and union President Cecil Roberts came to speak. An eyewitness account put it this way: “Within minutes a group of UMWA officials and their supporters attacked the protesting miners, ripping leaflets and protest signs from their hands. Several miners were punched, knocked to the ground and kicked repeatedly.” Trumka, while not openly endorsing the violence, offered no words of condemnation either.

Trumka’s closet skeletons extend to corruption, specifically, a pair of money-laundering schemes, among a half-dozen totaling $885,000 that helped re-elect Teamsters General President Ron Carey in 1996 over his close rival, James P. Hoffa. That election eventually was invalidated, paving the way for Hoffa’s current presidency. The Teamsters had been under federal oversight since 1989, the result of an out-of-court settlement of the Justice Department’s civil RICO suit against the scandal-ridden union. In his report disqualifying Carey from office, the union’s special election officer, Kenneth Conboy, concluded that Trumka had laundered $150,000 from the union through the AFL-CIO to a political advocacy group, Citizen Action, which in turn routed $100,000 of the money to the Carey campaign. Conboy also concluded Trumka had participated in another illegal arrangement in which he either contributed or solicited $50,000 in order to bankroll the Carey campaign

Ol' Trumka....as fascist and mob heavy as they come....what a complete hypocrite.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Both sides have issues, the problem with just devolving everything to both sides are to blame, is that it diffuses responsibility, and ultimately does nothing. It's like saying both political parties suck. All that means is that you're making everything equal.

Oh no. When or if found guilty by trial a price will be paid. No blame is shifted, it is the hate that drives these things.

One side is objectively worse than the other. On the one hand here you have the KKK, Nazi's and rioters. On the other you have a bunch of victims... in this specific instance. At other times groups like BLM have gone off the rails.

Both of these groups where fighting. When the car was being drove down that street, you can see people trying to hit his car. Did it scare him into speeding up? I don't know, but if that is the case then it makes the group the victims where with just as guilty. If not, then he will be found guilty. But both groups put their selves in this position. Responsibility should fall on both.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz
You don't get to be ceo of a major company if you're a sensitive snowflake, that's just an absurd suggestion.

And if they were so corrupt, why did trump invite them into his special club in the first place?

You trump supporters are sounding more and more desperate as you try and defend your guy.

Maybe they've all resigned because they're as genuinely disgusted by trump as everybody else outside of alt-right echo chambers is?

The CEO's were slimey opportunists and flip floppers.

Their Board of directors must have told them to quit while they still had a job.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Nice Find. My question would be, why was he there to begin with. Did Trump know about this? If he did, I may need to reconfigure my thinking process on what I believe about him.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 09:28 PM
link   

a reply to: Vasa Croe

Nice Find. My question would be, why was he there to begin with. Did Trump know about this? If he did, I may need to reconfigure my thinking process on what I believe about him.

Oh...he also co-chairs the China Currency Coalition....

Fascism /ˈfæʃɪzəm/ is a form of radical authoritarian nationalism,[1][2] characterized by dictatorial power, forcible suppression of opposition, and control of industry and commerce

Kinda sums Trumka up short and sweet, but let's take another gander at fascist qualities shall we:

Fascists saw World War I as a revolution that brought massive changes to the nature of war, society, the state, and technology. The advent of total war and the total mass mobilization of society had broken down the distinction between civilians and combatants. A "military citizenship" arose in which all citizens were involved with the military in some manner during the war.[6][7] The war had resulted in the rise of a powerful state capable of mobilizing millions of people to serve on the front lines and providing economic production and logistics to support them, as well as having unprecedented authority to intervene in the lives of citizens.[6][7]

Fascists believe that liberal democracy is obsolete, and they regard the complete mobilization of society under a totalitarian one-party state as necessary to prepare a nation for armed conflict and to respond effectively to economic difficulties.[8] Such a state is led by a strong leader—such as a dictator and a martial government composed of the members of the governing fascist party—to forge national unity and maintain a stable and orderly society.[8] Fascism rejects assertions that violence is automatically negative in nature and views political violence, war, and imperialism as means that can achieve national rejuvenation.[9][10][11][12] Fascists advocate a mixed economy, with the principal goal of achieving autarky through protectionist and interventionist economic policies.[13]

Sound like UMWA or AFL-CIO anyone?

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Just bing What has Trump accomplished in his first 8 months of office. Now considering the backlash he has taken from opposing sides compare his accomplishments with.
I think his work on the VA is a very major accomplishment. His work on politicians becoming lobbyist was another major accomplishment. Just because you don't want to give credit where it is due doesn't mean it is not due.

What work with the VA? What I've read is that veterans are so desperate they've taken to committing suicide outsid the VA doors. It's been something of an epidimic lately.

He also has no success with the lobbying issue. Yes, he signed an EO that prevents lobbying, but it also applies to only a handful of people under him (cabinet level only if I remember right), and he reserves the right to exempt individuals from it. Additionally it's only 5 years. It also made no mention of ethics. Every President signs an EO like this shortly after they get into office. Trumps EO was the least restrictive of any Presidents in the last 50 years.

He could have denied it, but didn't. So yes it was up to him. He did the right thing. A very good accomplishment in our government.

Not really, he was pretty much forced into picking someone on his list. He picked Gorsch as an olive branch to the conservatives he shares nothing with other than party affiliation. But, like usual he opened his mouth and destroyed that good will in short order.

So then Congress is to blame. Not Trump.

Congress is a final sanity check on the hiring filter. If Trump brought forward good candidates, and displayed the slightest amount of leadership ability he could get his positions filled. Instead he declared war on his own party and has created a lot of infighting.

They were against him when he was first started running for President. Why do you think it is something that he has done now? They have always been against him. That is why I like the idea of him being President. Now the people have someone who will fight government for them, at least more so than any other person who was running.

They were against him for very different reasons when he first started running. For the past 30 years, Trump has held extremely liberal opinions and the establishment didn't think he would be a conservative. Eventually he stuck with it, and he won largely on an anti RINO sentiment which is strong among the conservative wing. A President is supposed to be able to unite their party though, and all Trump has done since winning is fracture it. That means his leadership ability is seriously in question.

Trumps mouth gets him into a lot of trouble. He thinks the world runs like a business, where he could derive all of his power from the ability to sign checks. He's still acting like that, even though that's not how government works.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: kelbtalfenek

He is definitely draining the swamp.

He's draining his own council which he recruited. If it's a swamp he is draining, it's his own swamp.

Trump set them up pretty good didn't he.

Now they have been exposed !!

Or Trump has exposed himself.

I love the way you always spin things to make trump look good. It makes you look like you're on the payroll.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 11:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz

originally posted by: Grimpachi
Two groups showed up with shields and clubs.

Only stupid people would claim either was innocent.

One group wants to commit genocide. The other group wants to stop genocide.

Only stupid people would claim both sides are the same.

So violence is ok, as long as it lines up with your opinion, its all permissible huh?

The KKK, BLM and Antifa are all a bunch of idiots......

I see posts like this and I cant help but sit in disbelief that Americans have become so dumbed down as to lack any ability to think critically.......

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 11:21 PM
link   
More CEOs just bailed; business leaders just can't trust Trump.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 11:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat
Assuming this person had the power to do good things for this county it's a shame he has withdrawn his services to do so. I think it would have been a much bigger statement to continue to do the good work he was doing despite the terminal. Now the country is worse off than it was before, how is that suppose to be a win against racism and hate?

It says that they feel they can't work with him.

If they thought he had a habit of making rash statements BUT that he was someone who could be negotiated with and someone they could work with to take things forward, they would have stayed. The fact that they're not staying indicates that he isn't listening to them (and honestly, I suspect that any meeting he has with them is rather painful... where he just talks about himself and his properties and so forth (his usual talk) and doesn't actually listen to them.

He hasn't learned how to lead teams.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

Exactly!

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

originally posted by: DanDanDat

It says that they feel they can't work with him.

If they thought he had a habit of making rash statements BUT that he was someone who could be negotiated with and someone they could work with to take things forward, they would have stayed. The fact that they're not staying indicates that he isn't listening to them (and honestly, I suspect that any meeting he has with them is rather painful... where he just talks about himself and his properties and so forth (his usual talk) and doesn't actually listen to them.

He hasn't learned how to lead teams.

No man is an Island. If Trump isn't getting the job done than that makes it even more important for others to try harder to get it done, not just give up.

No, I ask again, how is this supposed to be a win against racism and hate?

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Have you been under a rock? Just Bing it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join