It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We are destroying our own freedom, thoughts post Charlottesville

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 09:38 AM
link   
The division isn't really that deep.

On the one hand you've got White Supremacists and Neo-Nazis who want to make America Great again by purging all of the non-whites.

On the other hand you've got a bunch of people from a bunch of organisations who are saying hey, no genocide thank you very much.

Pick a side.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Freedom is a burden people no longer want to carry.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Freedom is a burden people no longer want to carry.

Stop being so profound.
Do it in your own threads.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   
It's a sad state, isn't it? Like some bizarre script out of some dsytopian movie, one where nothing makes any real sense.

Masked thugs in the streets, from either side of the ideological aisle. Complete with shields, and sticks for now, although swords will probably be next. It's medieval, surreal.

Two sides, using the exact, absolutely exact same mechanism against each other. It's like the ending of 'Animal Farm'. People that think one side or the other has moral high ground are being naive. There are no winners here, none.

Push and push-back. Action and reaction. A spiral, the end and the beginning entangled hopelessly.

Yeah, the OP is dead right on the money. Freedom dies like this. Idiots fighting in the streets with sticks and toy shields and water balloons. A tiny, tiny representation of EITHER ideological side.

The final result due to all this foolishness is easy to see, at least in the opinion of one rapidly aging old black guy like me :

We all stand to lose unless some sort of a coalition of sanity somehow manages to arise to combat the extremism on BOTH sides. All sides have to be heard or both sides will crash and burn and take the huge majority of the more-or-less centrist, moderate US citizens with it. And the freedom we all once cherished will be just a distant memory.

Someone has to rise up, something has to break this cycle of madness.

And quickly.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

My brother and I were the only two family members in the US Army.

My father was in the Cuban army.

Before that my family was in Spain.

It used to be that these Nazi assholes used to hold their rallies without all the press. Between the cops, the city leadership, the Nazis, and Antifa all of this could have been avoided.

That said, a good Nazi is a dead one.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   

absolutely.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: fiverx313

Maybe.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Paul Goodloe McIntire was the man that commissioned it.

Elbert Lee Trinkle was the Governor.

All you have to do is Bing it.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3daysgone

Paul Goodloe McIntire was the man that commissioned it.

Elbert Lee Trinkle was the Governor.

All you have to do is Bing it.

Right you are. Thank you for the reply. We might also keep in mind that what we know of the Democrat Party today may not hold true for the Democrat Party of that time.

www.livescience.com...

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   

We can also agree on one other thing. KKK, BLM, Antifa, all started by democrats. It may be different times, but they are still playing the same tune.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Ask, youre right.

But these types of events dont need to occur for the govt to strip us of our rights.

Sure, it serves as an excuse but they have no intention of slowing down the erosion of our liberties.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 11:29 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

It gets people willing to lose their rights just so they can punish the opposition.
It's an ongoing racial hate fest they started and people have fallen for it.

edit on 15-8-2017 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 11:30 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Stolen shamelessly. It is the absolute truth.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 11:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
This country, like many others, needs 18 months in the dark. A couple of rough winters worth of misery.

Winter is coming..

The severity is yet undetermined..
As Is the time of arrival...

I am hoping for a long Autumn..

So we can all take a step back, and slow this #e down..

Alt right .. far left.. The animosity and vitriol is literally KIlling us all,the majority of which lay in the middle.

There is going to have to come a time of reflection and humility. It won't be easy for many.. it will be impossible for a few.. But it has to happen ON BOTH SIDES if we are going to push forward as a species.

The state of decay in the dialogue is not the problem, it is merely a symptom of the sickness that has overwhelmed our societies natural immune system.

Which sickness you ask?

The parasitic force that is the vocal minority ON BOTH SIDES who speak over the quiet reasonable majority..

But What do I know?

I'm just a respectful,
~meathead

edit on 16-8-2017 by Mike Stivic because: added a second ON BOTH SIDES to the vocal minority

top topics

<< 1   >>

join