It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We are destroying our own freedom, thoughts post Charlottesville

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 11:30 PM
link   
The big picture of what I'm seeing over the fallout from the Unite the Right. It was the governor of Virginia and the Mayor of Charlottesville to use the police to break up a legally permitted event even before anyone spoke. They shut them down and told them they would have to leave despite the fact they had every legal right to be there.

The shake out is that your political viewpoint can be shut down by bias inside government. The left rarely gets their permits revoked or events shut down but it seems like the threat of Antifa/BLM violence is able to shut down anyone they want. We are being led down the path to slaughter if the left doesn't stop playing identity politics at the expense of individual lives. When the people were run over by the car there was NO police presence!What kind of responsible public official is going to allow Antifa to run loose on their downtown without supervision at a minimum but there were ZERO cops near the scene. It took them minutes to arrive despite the fact they were only a block over.

Racial identity politics can only lead to violence. It will get worse and those who think they have nothing now will get a real wake up call. The working class is fed up and that's why Trump was elected. I'm not working class myself but I know they are being discounted as the only group that is not allowed to speak on their own behalf or they are racist, Nazis, fascists. Only one group is not allowed to speak today. It will blow up in their faces and we will all lose if this is the game the left continues to play.

Stay focused on the big picture people, don't let this country break itself apart.
That's what the globalists WANT.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 11:40 PM
link   
This country, like many others, needs 18 months in the dark. A couple of rough winters worth of misery.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 11:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Just think about what we are seeing. Democrats want these statues removed, but it was the democrats that put them up in the first place. I guess they don't like being reminded of it.

The division is too deep. People do not listen to people who do not think like them now. Reasoning is a forgotten trait.
edit on 14-8-2017 by 3daysgone because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 11:45 PM
link   

We are going to a situation similar to 1920s Weimar Germany where both regressive leftists and extreme far right groups commit political violence against each other.

And Charlottesville is only the beginning.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 11:49 PM
link   
We are truly in need of education on what the 1st Amendment is supposed to protect us against. In this case, the original group(s) that wanted to march to prevent the removal of the statue applied for and received a permit to march after a legal court judgement. They applied to the government to express their right to free speech and it was granted.

Do I agree with that original group(s) position? Heck no.
Do I support their right to speak freely and protest of they have a legal permit to do so? Yes.

The opposing group did not make any such legal application, and were there illegally to start.

That was the first mistake, allowing the opposing groups to appear and antagonize everyone without any legal permit. The police should have placed themselves between the two groups, and established a zone to aid in that control.

edit on 8/14/2017 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Unfortunately, it will get a lot worse before it gets any better, and it may be past the point of no return. Both sides have doubled down on their rhetoric and are only becoming more extreme by the day. I only see it trending downward and civil war may be on the horizon unless there is some kind of divine intervention.

Or maybe not..

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 11:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
I'm not working class myself but I know they are being discounted as the only group that is not allowed to speak on their own behalf or they are racist, Nazis, fascists. Only one group is not allowed to speak today. It will blow up in their faces and we will all lose if this is the game the left continues to play.
_

i don't know what kind of media diet you're living on but i see conservative white people speaking up for themselves all the time. they are not being marginalized.

freedom of speech is not freedom from consequences. you say racist #, you get called racist. that's par for the course.

i have been shut down and seen others shut down all my life and still today for attempting to oppose some of these viewpoints, but you guys get one ounce of pushback and suddenly you're the big victims. it's pathetic.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 11:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3daysgone
Just think about what we are seeing. Democrats want these statues removed, but it was the democrats that put them up in the first place. I guess they don't like being reminded of it.

are you some kind of timelord or celestial being that generations pass in the blink of your eye? just curious.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 12:08 AM
link   
The US has far to many people that actually hate what the US principles are, kinda like when third world radicals invaded Europe on mass shouting how much they hated the way of life.

The real issue is they believe that they are justifide in their actions because the MSM and SJW are supporting this BS. The horse has firmly bolted yet people are to stagnated to see the obvious and the ones that do are labelled as neo nazis, facists (in put buzz word) ...

Within a generation I expect to see a US in total disaray, there are just to many brain washed morons avoiding the elephant in the room for it to end any other way.

RA
edit on 15-8-2017 by slider1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Down at the VFW, and Leigon, there are many true conservative patriots that see this resurgence of Nazi white supremacist marching in the streets of America as despicable. They still remember why we fought WWII. That's the big picture...
I respect the honor and service of my brothers in arms more than white supremacist marching in the street giving the Nazi salute and chanting "Hiel Trump"

edit on 15-8-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 12:22 AM
link   
The US is starting to reap the harvest of the seeds Obama planted , nurtured , and helped to flourish. From the times of his association with the Weather Underground forward till present day.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 01:13 AM
link   
a reply to: 3daysgone

Democrats want these statues removed, but it was the democrats that put them up in the first place.

Really? Can you remind me who those democrats were that commissioned and put that Charlottesville stature of Lee in the city park?

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 01:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Down at the VFW, and Leigon, there are many true conservative patriots that see this resurgence of Nazi white supremacist marching in the streets of America as despicable. They still remember why we fought WWII. That's the big picture...
I respect the honor and service of my brothers in arms more than white supremacist marching in the street giving the Nazi salute and chanting "Hiel Trump"

I agree. Of all the lines we might draw in the sand surely this is one.

edit on 31America/ChicagoTue, 15 Aug 2017 01:23:18 -0500Tue, 15 Aug 2017 01:23:18 -050017082017-08-15T01:23:18-05:00100000023 by TerryMcGuire because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 01:20 AM
link   
a reply to: slider1982

The horse has firmly bolted yet people are to stagnated to see the obvious and the ones that do are labelled as neo nazis, facists

You say labeled. I would say that when they march in the streets, waving Confederate flags and Swastika flags, tatooing the swastika on thier bodies, they are labeling themselves

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Frogs in a pot.

Excellent post.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 02:07 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

No political affiliation mentioned but here is some relevant information:
Paul Goodloe McIntire

His political affiliation was for Charlottesville.
What a shame nobody knows all this.
They have already renamed Lee Park in to "Emancipation park".
Donate things and watch them get destroyed.
Must be a horrible feeling for his ancestors.
edit on 15-8-2017 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 02:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
This country, like many others, needs 18 months in the dark. A couple of rough winters worth of misery.

You're a soldier. I'm guessing you might be in a line of succession from other soldiers, from either your mother's or father's side.

So I'm assuming somebody in your family has fought against Nazis. If so, what do they say when they see the regalia, torches, and chants of "Blut und Boden" on American soil?

If not, what would you say if, when you are 70 years old, you see ISIS flags being waved in town squares and ISIS chants being shouted with torches in the air?

I respect you. # tons. There are two military members here that I have that kind of respect for. I honestly want your opinion on this.
edit on 15-8-2017 by Abysha because: formattinz

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 02:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

No political affiliation mentioned but here is some relevant information:
Paul Goodloe McIntire

Thanks, and yes I tried to find affiliation prior to asking the question and came up with basically the same as you did. I am wondering how the poster was sure enough of his history to mention that.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 03:37 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 03:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3daysgone

The division is too deep. People do not listen to people who do not think like them now. Reasoning is a forgotten trait.

Then you are agreeing this can lead nowhere but to more violence.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join