It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best video cameras to film UFOs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 03:12 PM
link   
What's the best video cameras to use to film UFOs? Any recommendations? And what about cameras? Digital or film?

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Umm, I cant tell you the films you can find. But it would probably be better to use a regular film camera because of digital enhances. If a digital camera is used, it would probably do weird things to the film.

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Are film cameras better at capturing other dimensional objects/beings than digital?

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by creamsoda
Umm, I cant tell you the films you can find. But it would probably be better to use a regular film camera because of digital enhances. If a digital camera is used, it would probably do weird things to the film.

Can you please explain to me why "if a digital camera is used, it would probably do weird things to the film?" While I am nothing other than a "hack" videographer, as an avid phoptogrpaher for the past quarter-century, this comment makes no sense to me...

To Mikey:

IMHO, if you are in the market for a still camera, I suggest a digital camera, if for no other reason than it can get awfully expensive developing film! Not to mention any scanned photos will always be subject to the question of the existence of artifacts on the source print or even the scanner itself (and this is before anyone starts discussing the analysis of negatives!).

For a video camera, IMHO, I'd say it's a wash -- as with the money you'd save buying, say, a Hi-8 camcorder instead of a Mini DV, you'd still have to buy some kind of analog-to-digital video converter if you ever wanted to download video to your computer and/or host it on the internet. And this extra effort can be tiring (I have both a Sony Hi8 as well as a Cannon DV). Probably the greatest advantage to buying newer technology is the additional features and more portable size, IMHO.

Regarding the selection of a particular make and model, the best advice I could give you is to take advantage of the many product review sights on the internet. I myself use these before most major electronics purchases:

Consumer Review.com
CNET product reviews
epinions.com

Good luck in your search!

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Becuase a digital film interprets things differently than regular analog. Digital is so much more complex than analog. It has to take in the information, process it, reprocess it for analysis, then put it on tape. With analog, its just a regular process of putting it on film. Digital can be edited alot better too. Its easier to hoax with digital than regular film. Im talking about digital video camera to regular video camera in case you were wondering.

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Because you do not understand the difference between analog and digital does not make digital more complex or easier to manipulate. Why not just say nothing instead of making things up?

[edit on 8-2-2005 by feyd rautha]

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by creamsoda
Becuase a digital film interprets things differently than regular analog. Digital is so much more complex than analog. It has to take in the information, process it, reprocess it for analysis, then put it on tape. With analog, its just a regular process of putting it on film. Digital can be edited alot better too. Its easier to hoax with digital than regular film. Im talking about digital video camera to regular video camera in case you were wondering.

Thx for the reponse and clarifiaction...

While I'm not sure I buy-in to your explanation, I sure don't know enough about the subject to contradict it. At the very least, it makes enough sense to warrant verification and/or validation through my own investigation...
Thx...

Maybe worth sending an e-mail to Cannon tomorrow?

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 02:33 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Just buy a Full HD Cam with a analogue (optical) picture stabilization and AVCHD (record on memory sticks).
Like Panasonic HDC-SD66 or Sony HDR-CX100E. But you need 300-500 Bucks.

To edit this Full HD AVCHD movies you also need a fast quadcore machine.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 02:45 AM
link   
The MOST important thing is a TRIPOD!

Then an HD cam

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mickey Martian
Are film cameras better at capturing other dimensional objects/beings than digital?

NO. No longer. Also Film Cameras are not available for home use. To big, to complicated (edit), and far to expensive.

You know what i mean....

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 02:50 AM
link   
i have hd Sony HDR-CX100E

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 03:08 AM
link   
[edit on 30-7-2010 by RICH-ENGLAND]

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by alex1980
i have hd Sony HDR-CX100E

So you need a UFO now - good luck

The other problem: glowing pixels are now identifiable as normal aircrafts with a hd cam. I never saw a UFO on youtube that was filmed with a HD Cam. Never.

new topics

top topics

join