It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mozilla (Firefox) Joins George Soros’s Efforts In Launching A Strike Against “Fake News”

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 04:41 PM
link   
If true this is makes for some odd bed fellows.

Mozilla, the non-profit organization which runs the Firefox internet browser, said Wednesday it was launching an effort against “fake news,” as fact-checking software backed by eBay founder Pierre Omidyar and George Soros got its first run-out in public to shape our Orwellian nightmare of future truth arbiters.
asweetdoseofreality.com...

Mozilla wants to "disrupt misinformation". I wish they would stay out of it and let the adults make the decisions to what is real and what is not. Seems like the slippery slope is now being tested, and Mozilla is donning their slope walking skills.

Mozilla said it was “investing in people, programs and projects” in a new initiative to “disrupt misinformation online” calling for a “Mozilla Information Trust Initiative,” or MITI for short, Business Insider reported.

They further stated the “internet’s ability to power democratic society suffers greatly” because of fabricated stories, such as the “Pope endorsing Donald Trump for the U.S. presidency” or a “dead FBI agent killed in a mysterious fire with information on former presidential candidate Hillary Clinton” – just two examples of stories that turned out to be bogus.

Mozilla’s innovations director, Katharina Borchert, told AFP that the organization was working on tools for Firefox and better online education with media groups, universities, and tech activists.

Mozilla information trust initiative is a real time fact checking engine that is backed by George Soros. Wonder why he is so interested in this? Could this be used to shape the news even more that the 5 huge corps that basically control almost all we see, hear and read?

The “Mozilla Information Trust Initiative” comes just as an automated real-time fact-checking engine dubbed the “bull# detector” was demonstrated in London.

The group that created the fact-checking engine, Full Fact foundation, is backed by Omidyar and our favorite billionaire tycoon Soros.

The organization stated its software is “capable” of spotting lies in real-time and was used to fact-check a live debate at the House of Commons. How that objective was achieved isn’t clear since it’s likely automated A.I., but algorithms are not 100% accurate.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Everyone should be against the spread of misinformation. But we should taking steps to help the individual discern it for themselves instead large corporations and billionaires deciding what we can and cannot have access to.

A lot of times how you bring about change is as equally as important as the why.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: sooth

I do not trust a billionaire who has a questionable past to determine what I see hear and read. That is for the 5 huge corps that need to be broken up using the anti trust laws to determine for me.
edit on 11-8-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Great- so now Mozilla is in on the narrative?

Running out of places to go.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Something really shady is going on and people just watch it happen because the real Facists are now wearing sheeps clothing and are allowed to censor free speech at will. Youtube really did a number on countless content creators under the disguise of "racism". They even demonetarized videos of kittens. The #? I'm observing disturbing changes lately and people just comply like mindless drones. Free speech gets censored left and right and people cheer it on like it's the best thing ever. Seriously how stupid are these people? I'm at a point in my life where i would just welcome a global uprising. Just get rid of Soros,Clintons,Rothchilds,Queen Elizabeth and Charles and all the other #ing cowards who control us and keep us docile.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

I always suspected Mozilla would sell out. I haven't used it for a few years but I didn't trust it back then.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   

For all the Correct the Record peeps out there:
Georgie doesn't need you anymore. Your fired!

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Like Firefox needs to rescreen the already screened info we get? I smell BS.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: sooth
Everyone should be against the spread of misinformation. But we should taking steps to help the individual discern it for themselves instead large corporations and billionaires deciding what we can and cannot have access to.

A lot of times how you bring about change is as equally as important as the why.

True, and just as important, many of the mainstream media outlets have a history themselves of propagandizing the public. I was just telling my roommate about the Nayirah testimony during Iraq War I, where a large PR company created a fake narrative using the testimony of a Kuwaiti diplomat's daughter, regarding Iraq soldiers throwing babies out of incubators, and killing them. This was then sent to major media outlets, and shown to tens of millions of Americans. Several senators cited it in calling for use of force in Iraq.

Here is the actual testimony by the girl.

www.youtube.com...

"Nayirah al-Ṣabaḥ (Arabic: نيره الصباح‎), called "Nurse Nayirah" in the media, was a fifteen-year-old Kuwaiti girl, who alleged that she had witnessed the murder of infant children by Iraqi soldiers in Kuwait, in verbal testimony to the U.S. Congress, in the run up to the 1991 Gulf War. Her testimony, which was regarded as credible at the time, has since come to be regarded as wartime propaganda. The public relations firm Hill & Knowlton, which was in the employ of Citizens for a Free Kuwait, had arranged the testimony. Nayirah's testimony was widely publicized. Hill & Knowlton, which had filmed the hearing, sent out a video news release to Medialink, a firm which served about 700 television stations in the United States. That night, portions of the testimony aired on ABC's Nightline and NBC Nightly News reaching an estimated audience between 35 and 53 million Americans. Seven senators cited Nayirah's testimony in their speeches backing the use of force. President George Bush repeated the story at least ten times in the following weeks."

So we have a clear case of "fake news" being used by mainstream media to convince the public to go to war. It's very critical that people realize that it's not just fringe or alternative sites that have created or bought into "fake news" to serve an agenda.

edit on 11-8-2017 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Shhh, this is not supposed to be spoken of.

"Nayirah al-Ṣabaḥ (Arabic: نيره الصباح‎), called "Nurse Nayirah" in the media, was a fifteen-year-old Kuwaiti girl, who alleged that she had witnessed the murder of infant children by Iraqi soldiers in Kuwait, in verbal testimony to the U.S. Congress, in the run up to the 1991 Gulf War.
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Elostone

For all the Correct the Record peeps out there:
Georgie doesn't need you anymore. Your fired!

Especially because of the 2016 Presidential Campaign failures.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Except that there is no Soros involved.
hoax bin material.
I wish though Mozilla could develop such software, it would help a lot of gulible Americans who believe everything they read on the Internet.
How do you find all these bs news sites ? Wait, i don't even want to know.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Soros never looses, he just wins a little less.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: ErrorErrorError
Except that there is no Soros involved.
hoax bin material.
I wish though Mozilla could develop such software, it would help a lot of gulible Americans who believe everything they read on the Internet.
How do you find all these bs news sites ? Wait, i don't even want to know.

No one will listen, these types of people just need a story that fits their narrative and will believe anything.

They are the definition of sheep and their shepherd is any news outlet or blog that guides their thought process if it helps to fill the bubble they live in.
edit on 11-8-2017 by justagod because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: justagod

Similar story from Forbes. Maybe some people are more comfortable getting news from a comfy place.
Mozilla Wants To Save The Internet From Fake News
www.forbes.com...

edit on 11-8-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
Shhh, this is not supposed to be spoken of.

"Nayirah al-Ṣabaḥ (Arabic: نيره الصباح‎), called "Nurse Nayirah" in the media, was a fifteen-year-old Kuwaiti girl, who alleged that she had witnessed the murder of infant children by Iraqi soldiers in Kuwait, in verbal testimony to the U.S. Congress, in the run up to the 1991 Gulf War.

It's crazy how few people know of this, even traditional anti-war or counter culture people. My roommate was pretty shocked, and he has a masters in international affairs.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 08:09 PM
link   

I had to stop using firefox about 6 months ago, for some reason no matter what I did, my computer just lagged and lagged, soon as I change browser I have no issues.

This confirms that firefox was the issue and not my pc.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 08:51 PM
link   

This speaks to the fact that the throwing babies on the floor did not happen in a vacuum.

For her to get to tell her BS story was orchestrated by people up high in the admin. This also helped to get the war drums going. Profits and power.

False flags are very good for business.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Absolutely, that's why I believe much misleading news or media isn't just click bait for ratings or fake news, but literal propaganda serving the military industrial complex or deep state. Especially when most outlets are obviously trying to "manufacture the consent," as Noam Chomsky would say,of the public for a specific policy initiative such as war.
edit on 11-8-2017 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join