It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mr Theopolius

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   
For several years now dear Joesph Theopolius would participate in his village's parades. There were so many parades scheduled throughout the year in honor of religious, military, and historical events that some months saw as many as four parades. Mr. Theopolius would always help decorate some of the floats of the parades. In his younger days, he would help build the floats, but for now, he mainly helps by attaching flowers to the few his health will permit.

One thing that Mr. Theopolius has noticed amongst the floats for this year's victory parade is the use of the color orange. This has upset him quite severely as the old religion clearly states that the color orange is not to be used in any form to mark a celebration. Mr. Theopolius has complained to the parade board when he has seen this a few times in the past. Now there is so much orange being used he doesn't think the board is doing anything about it. What Mr. Theopolius does this time is to write reminders of this violation and hand it out to all the float makers. Doing so upsets several members of the parade board. The board members visit each float maker and ask them to ignore and destroy the letters that Mr. Theopolius has sent to them.

Once Mr. Theopolius discovered that his message is being ignored and thrown away he goes to talk to Mr. Aegeus Stavropoulos, one of the parade board members. Mr. Stavropoulos explains to him that there are only six members of the parade board and that they cannot take their time away from investigating more serious violations of the parade rules. Mr. Theopolius is reminded that all he does is complain about rules violating the old religion when it comes to what can and can not be done with the floats. As the village is trying to modernize from its eastern European ways of thinking, the old religion matters little to them.

Mr. Theopolius, with almost a tear rolling down from one of his eyes, looks at Mr. Stavropoulo and tells him that he was afraid that is what was happening due to how much things have changed with the parades over the past few years. From now on Mr. Theopolius will stop helping out with the parades as the reasoning for them has changed so much. He might just watch a few of the parades if they will follow at least a few of the old ways to honor those of us who have been here for so long.

edit on 8 11 2017 by LookingForABetterLife because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Interesting start LFABL ... I like it so far .. keep up the good work .👍🏼

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

Thank you for encouraging me to continue to share my words with the world.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

I loved it. What an interesting world you've created here đź‘Ť
While I'm here, I also read and enjoyed Church Numbers (part 1). I think I will leave your profile tab open so I can go back later and look at what else you've written here.

new topics

top topics

join