It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Don't finish the course of antibiotics' - experts turn medical advice on its head

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
Yeah... and the gas tank is only one part of a vehicle but it sure isn't going anywhere without it!

So are the windows and you can still get from point a to point b without them.

However, at least you're now acknowledging that the gut flora is a part of the immune system AND that it is indeed depleted by oral antibiotics.

It is only part of it. The rest of the immune system isn't depleted so your scenario starts off wrong.

Except that cannot and will not happen if it's trying to fight an infection simultaneously... and in some people under some circumstances, it may not happen at all.

Sometimes even with the flora in good shape your immune system can't fight off an infection. That is why the antibiotics are prescribed.

Which study?

The one in the OP. They are saying that doctors need to control overuse of antibiotics not that person x given a course of 10 days will be fine if he stops at day 5. That would vary from one case to the next.

And now I'm done with you.

OK

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

and hidradenitis shouldn't be curbed?
I am not tracking this...

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

and hidradenitis shouldn't be curbed?
I am not tracking this...

I'm not understanding what you're asking... sorry!

I've only read a little about hidradenitis, but as I understand it, it's a chronic condition cause by a defect of the hair follicle or the shaft or something, which is susceptible to infection. So yes, we should by all means do what we can to curb it, especially routine preventative measures. It also seems to respond to many of the same natural home remedies as other bacterial skin infections -- turmeric, epsom salts/magnesium, tea tree oil, manuka honey, etc.

I'm pretty sure the sufferers would much prefer to prevent outbreaks than to treat outbreaks!

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 03:09 PM
link   

It's but ONE of my GLORIOUS symptoms.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Oh, Cav... I'm so sorry to hear that... it's gotta be hell. And it's just ONE of many??? Big hugs for ya -- and a beer ... actually, let's make that two

I'm happy to share my research with you if you ever need some new information. I wish I could do more

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   

I made the choice to carry a rifle with intelligent open eyes.
I was better off doing it THERE, than here.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join