It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Federal judge orders State Department to search for more Clinton Benghazi emails

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   
CNN

Washington (CNN)A federal judge has ordered the State Department to search for any additional Benghazi-related emails then-Secretary of State Hillary Clinton may have sent or received from aides Huma Abedin, Cheryl Mills or Jake Sullivan at their state.gov addresses.

Judge Amit Mehta, who was nominated by former President Barack Obama, ruled that the State Department should search the state.gov emails as well, noting "this matter is a far cry from a typical FOIA case. Secretary Clinton used a private email server, located in her home, to transmit and receive work-related communications during her tenure as secretary of state."
The judge has ordered a status report by September 22.

The State Department argued that a search of the state.gov emails is unlikely to turn up anything additional.

From Politico:

In all, State found 348 Benghazi-related messages or documents that were sent to or from Clinton in a period of nearly five months after the attack.

However, the conservative watchdog group Judicial Watch argued that the search wasn't good enough because State never tried to search its own systems for relevant messages in the official email accounts of Clinton's top aides.

I misread a section and I am removing my original question.
It is still interesting to think they haven't searched every email of everyone involved. Or the fact that it has taken this long. Did someone just realize "hey, you know, maybe we should look at THESE emails..." or has there just been a lot of red tape to cut?

edit on 10-8-2017 by abago71 because: messed up the quotes

Removed CNN from the title as Politico was the source.
edit on 10-8-2017 by abago71 because: Removed CNN from the title as Politico was the source.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Good.

Find all the evidence you can.
Get it all out in the open.
Let these people get what they truly deserve.

Funny, I thought the FBI went through all the emails in what...4 days? But but but they said there was no criminal activity...

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: havok

Its funny the source is CNN

They're fake, right? So this article is fake, right?

I mean fake news, right?

The hypocrisy of some ATS users is mind boggling.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: bknapple32

Or to flip it again... CNN is trusted news, so this must be a real story right...

How about we just take all the MSM stories with a grain of salt and apply some critical thinking.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Here's a link to the FOIA request

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   

LOVE THIS SONG!!!!

edit on 10-8-2017 by GuidedKill because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   
The source is actually Politico. CNN links to them.

I changed the thread title. I removed CNN.

edit on 10-8-2017 by abago71 because: I edited my edit.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: abago71

Well, I dont think it matters at this point. But you guys gotta see my thoughts here, right? Its a negative story against Clinton, and its used with a CNN link. If it was positive, from CNN Politico or whoever, most would shout fake news.

News is relative to people now. Fake is an opinion in 2017

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: bknapple32

Well, I dont think it matters at this point. But you guys gotta see my thoughts here, right? Its a negative story against Clinton, and its used with a CNN link. If it was positive, from CNN Politico or whoever, most would shout fake news.

News is relative to people now. Fake is an opinion in 2017

Did you watch the video at the top of the CNN article?
That didn't seem to be negative seeing how it's John Podesta discussing Trump.
I don't know why that video is there. I don't think it relates well to the story.

Does everyone else have the same video?

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Well according to many anti trump people on this site, an investigation proves there is wrong doing.

I can't wait for them to come on this thread and say so.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Washington (CNN)A federal judge has ordered the State Department to search for any additional Benghazi-related emails then-Secretary of State Hillary Clinton may have sent or received from aides Huma Abedin, Cheryl Mills or Jake Sullivan at their state.gov addresses.

x = All email interactions are captured the minute they are sent.
y = The email are not lost.
z = They are not asking the NSA for the data.

X+Y+Z= Sadly Nothing will come from this.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

I would agree. There must be something up. Something a lot of dems assumed about Hillary, myself included.

So youre right. Where there's smoke, there is fire usually. Goes for both Trump and Clinton

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

I also remember candidate Trump saying Clinton would be useless as a president with FBI investigations against her during her presidency.....

So Ill wait for the response that shows the irony in this whole situation

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   

It's definitely a story...

But considering that everything she was even accused of doing was common place during that period, its most likely smoke and mirrors.. just a BS distraction...

Half of washington had their own servers and I'm guessing , just like comey said about Hillary, Im sure on every one there are a couple that had information that was later classified.

So good luck prosecuting ANY politician for something that EVERYONE was doing so it is the status quo...

On a side note..

I think that the "they put America at risk" narrative is silly considering the official government servers have been hacked, but no ones private server has..

Which makes sense..

A private server is a way smaller target and likely could have the same or better firewall..

Obviously it's easier to keep one server safe than to keep 100 safe..

PS Benghazi is a joke... not the deaths of the people involved.. but the conspiracy that the PTB all sat there and watched while doing nothing..

There have been multiple GOP congressional committees that investigated it and found no wrong doing AT ALL..

The Susan Rice lie isn't illegal.. obviously or trump wouldn't have even lasted a day..

He lies and contradicts himself from speech to speech..

It will take a legit crime that wasn't the status quo to take down a big wig politician.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Finally, a REAL Judge. And one that President Obama appointed, no less. Wonder of wonders.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   

It's only fake news when it's convienent lol..

The hilarious part is that all the right wing conspiracy sites they take as the gospel are just compilation sites that don't even employ reporters..lmao..

They just copy paste MSM stories after they put their own slant in it..

No one has ever been fired from newsMax for publishing a fake story lol..

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

I'm sure it is a real story..

I personally find you can probably believe everything bad a political side says about itself.. and nothing it says bad about the other side..and nothing good they say about themselves..

That's how I make my opinion of the situation..

Watch both sides and only keep to stuff that adds up or they admit bad about themselves..

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Most are already buried deep or destroyed by the left-overs who were hard at work during the "Transition".

Many were also covered-up during the controversy itself.

The 2012 election was on the line at the time, and Obama's oh-so-delicate "Legacy" was/is in jeopardy.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: GuidedKill

What difference does it make if Susan Rice lied about the cause of the attack??

It's not illegal..

If lying was illegal trump doesn't last a week.. he gets caught lying daily and even the right acknowledges that...

No politician is going to jail for what is the status quo...

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   
It's rather ironic indeed that an Obama-appointed judge issued the order and the Trump state department is waffling.
Bizzaro.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join