It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ronnie James Ressurection.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I am sure many of you know who Ronnie James Dio is right? Well actually his real name was Ronald James Padavona.

Ronald James Padavona was born in Portsmouth, New Hampshire, to Italian-American parents who had moved to Portsmouth from Cortland, New York,

Anyway he was well known as just "DIO"

Well he perished on May 10th 2010.

So now the old members of the band are "doing" Dio in a timescale period footage onstage in a hologram.
Sounds kinda morbid to me. But I got curious too. So this is a hologram? Watch the video below if you are able to do so. Video of this effect below. Personally I believe this is not a true hologram, I think the are just shooting some footage a a 3 layered glass. It's not very active across the stage to be anything less.

edit on 9-8-2017 by HappyFisherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: HappyFisherman

Holy Diver! Live on Ronnie!

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Or Dio is not actually dead; just forced into a 16' X 20' enclosure.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 09:01 PM
link   
It is pretty cool to think we are able to do this. I look forward to seeing the Jim Morrison hologram, that would be awesome.
to think one day they may be able to recreate things like Woodstock in 3d holograms.

here is a tupac one from a few years back.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 09:07 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I'm on my way back home
There in the sky
I see a star

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Cool, does that mean that next Led Zeppelin will tour with Jason Bonham and a John Bonham holo....cant wait

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I'm ready for when they do one for Hendrix.

I'll have my bandana nd some acid waiting.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 03:16 AM
link   

You're right, like most things presented as holograms, this one doesn't look like one, it looks like an old mirror trick, the same method used for the Tupac "hologram".

A real hologram is a representation of a 3D scene and, just like a real 3D scene, if you move your point of view the perspective changes, so someone beside the hologram will see a side view, something that doesn't happen with this trick.

The problem of using real holograms for things like this is that they need a previous 3D recording, so, unless they create a computer generated scene we will not see a real hologram of a deceased artist performing on stage any time soon.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP
Thanks, and yea this is just something to make a quick buck off. Ronnie deserves better than this stunt.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Those aren't really true holograms, but that's the name for the technology being used there.

new topics

top topics

join