It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tsunami Unleashed

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 03:58 AM
link   
This is incredible footage of one of the greatest documented natural disasters in history...

Some clips look like something straight out of recent movies!

Walls of water plowing though the streets... while people stare at their incoming doom!

Theres actually a couple clips that you need to pause, just to see the size of the incoming wave from ground level

Sadly, i wouldn't be surprised if a few of the people that filmed these videos lost their lives

I've watched quite a few videos on the Tsunami that hit Japan, but theres a lot of footage i've never seen before here

There's no words...

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 04:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Incredible footage! I can't imagine the horror people were experiencing seeing a wall of water approaching them and they had no way of escaping from it, sad.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 05:01 AM
link   

I really dont want to watch that compilation again i spent far too much time invested in that , that was really screwed up, I spent hours trying to get my head around the destruction...

The power of the water just mashing everything in its path as it builds momentum...

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 05:21 AM
link   
And we puny humans think we can control Earth.
These displays of power should truly make everyone humble.

Excellent find.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 06:01 AM
link   
that's just unfathomable , scary scary stuff.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 06:50 AM
link   
that was seriously horrifying, considering the population density less than 20,000 dead or missing is astonishing.

Much credit to the civil defense people in Japan, I could not imagine facing that, not even from a safe hill top.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Wow that was an amazing put-together. Thanks for posting.

Guys look at 15:19 slightly left of center a UFO comes into view moving from left to right for a few seconds until the video switches cameras. It's like some sort of white ball with a tail like a comet. Anyone know what it is?

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 07:42 AM
link   
This video should be watched with Tool's "Vicarious" turned way up...

"Why can't we just admit it?"

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 08:30 AM
link   

I had watched this vid before
I read a old report of a 600 foot wave along the west coast of Canada .Could never track it down again but found this little one

The 1958 Lituya Bay megatsunami occurred on July 9 at 22:15:58, following an earthquake with a moment magnitude of 7.8 and a maximum Mercalli intensity of XI (Extreme). The earthquake took place on the Fairweather Fault and triggered a rockslide of 30 million cubic metres (40 million cubic yards, and about 90 million tons) to fall from several hundred metres into the narrow inlet of Lituya Bay, Alaska. The impact was heard 50 miles (80 km) away,[6] and the sudden displacement of water resulted in a megatsunami that destroyed vegetation up to 1,722 feet (525 m) above the height of the bay and a wave that traveled across the bay with a crest reported by witnesses to be on the order of 98 feet (30 m) in height
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 09:01 AM
link   
One slightly positive thing about this:

Think of all the earthquakes that hit the world and how devastating the effects are with falling buildings, crushed people, etc.

Now think about the magnitude of that quake and shaking that hit those Japanese cities and townships. Compare your mental images.

The Japanese really have managed some astounding feats of engineering to manage to have so many of their buildings come through that so relatively unscathed.

They just couldn't engineer against the sea, but how much worse would it have been if the earthquake had taken down the buildings before the sea came in?

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Amazing. Like others I've always been in awe of the power of nature. I am mesmerized by this kind of footage... just can't wrap my brain around the destruction. It breaks my heart that people had to lose their lives and suffer but at the same time there's something sickeningly satisfying about the lack of control humans have over this type of stuff. Thanks for posting!

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 10:19 AM
link   
22:15.... that poor old man trying his best to hobble to safety is rough to watch.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   
The wave seems so small and weak until it can be compared to human constructions. :/

We are no match against planetary forces.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tucket
This video should be watched with Tool's "Vicarious" turned way up...

"Why can't we just admit it?"

So true!

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Blue Oyster Cult's "Godzilla"

History shows again and again
How nature points up the folly of men

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   

I wonder how much worse things could have been if the EQ/tsunamis hit in the middle of the night... Imagine that siren going off, the shaking all around you, and knowing a tsunami was coming your way.... that's an absolutely terrifying thought... aye aye

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   

I can not even imagine the magnitude of the cleanup projects in some of those countries. The sheer massiveness of the mess must be very daunting and seeming endless and hopeless.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct
Guys look at 15:19 slightly left of center a UFO comes into view moving from left to right for a few seconds until the video switches cameras. It's like some sort of white ball with a tail like a comet. Anyone know what it is?

It's an helicopter.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   
at 4:39 in the video, someone is almost at ground level... they zoom in to a monster incoming wave

i couldn't even imagining seeing that on the horizon...

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Great compilation!

It never ceases to amaze me how insignificant and helpless we are in the face of what Nature can throw at us.

The disturbing part to think about is that we have yet to witness the worst Nature is capable of.

Nature: "You thought that was bad? Hold my beer!"
Super volcano.
Asteroid.
Some unknown.

Truly humbling.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join