It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ICE Considers Charging Sanctuary City Leaders with Smuggling

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+26 more 
posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 09:54 PM
link   
ICE aka U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement is apparently threatening to "enforce" something a little different than just going after illegal immigrants.

Now they might try to put local government officials who have not cooperated so much with Federal laws under the "gun".

ICE says the localities may be guilty of smuggling by protecting illegal immigrants in their jurisdictions.

WoW

It's a real slapper.

ICE Considers Charging Sanctuary City Leaders with Smuggling

Today ICE said they are contemplating charging sanctuary city leaders with violating federal anti-smuggling laws for protecting illegal aliens and refusing to cooperate with federal immigration laws.

ICE says that sanctuary cities are a threat to public safety because they release criminal illegal aliens back to into American communities, despite them being priorities for deportation. Once a criminal illegal alien is released ICE is forced to then send in a task force to apprehend them, which is more dangerous for the illegal alien, ICE officers, and community.

According to ICE the number of police and sheriff’s departments who have signed 287(g) agreements, which pays for local police and sheriff’s deputies in those jurisdictions to be trained to enforce immigration laws, has already doubled since Pres. Trump has been in office and they believe it will triple by the end of the year.

Since Pres. Trump has broadened and expanded the categories of illegal aliens who are eligible for deportation, ICE is on track to break the deportation record of 409,849, set in 2012 under Pres. Obama, next year.

+13 more 
posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Good, I can get behind this... These sanctuary cities are blatantly breaking the law.. I live in downtown Seattle, I would love for this to happen...

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 10:28 PM
link   
That would not only be appropriate, it would also be a lot of fun to watch.

It just strikes me as a little "Too good to be true", but maybe they'll surprise us.

Would be nice, though, if they would just ENFORCE existing immigration law. I can't believe that these "Sanctuary" cities have gotten away with it for THIS long.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 10:38 PM
link   

This is a "States Rights" issue. Are the feds going to start charging local officials with RICO violations, drug smuggling and dealing in states where Marijuana is legal too?

+6 more 
posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 11:04 PM
link   

U.S. Presidents took an oath to defend all citizens against foreign and domestic threats. Illegal immigrants in the U.S. are both.

Those who attract/harbor/protect people here illegally should be punished to the full extent of the law. Who would have a problem with that?

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 11:36 PM
link   

ICE has to do this.

IF we are to be a country with centralized power then the law must be enforced. You can't simply get elected then decide you aren't going to follow the rules.

I am not saying that I like the Feds, but only that laws must be enforced if we are going to pretend this is a country of 'United States'. Otherwise everyone can just do whatever the hell they like.
edit on 2017/7/28 by Metallicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 11:48 PM
link   
If you understand the economics of this, it just doesn't pan out.

I'm all for people from other countries coming here and living and working, but It's not ok when they come here, work, and send that MONEY out of country to be spent, while taking public assistance at the same time.

If that is rinsed and repeated enough times, you start to suffer as johnny Q public with higher prices for your goods and services to make up for the bleeding of funds elsewhere.

There ARE ways to do this where everyone makes out, so I don't think either side is right, they are just both boneheaded and unable to compromise, that is the greatest travesty,

a country full of great thinkers all too coward to really make a difference and instead just present problems without presenting solutions, what's that called again? Oh yeah, whining.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 02:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: MteWamp
That would not only be appropriate, it would also be a lot of fun to watch.

Instead of the tv shows "COPS"....you would have the tv show called "ICE"

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 02:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tranceopticalinclined
If you understand the economics of this, it just doesn't pan out.

I'm all for people from other countries coming here and living and working, but It's not ok when they come here, work, and send that MONEY out of country to be spent, while taking public assistance at the same time.

Outgoing money should be taxed at least 50% that is going out.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 05:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Tranceopticalinclined

You can't get public assistance if you're an illegal alien.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 06:04 AM
link   
I love it! Corruption and sedition at the local level being punished after all these years. Maybe I'll hold that thought until some local government people get thrown in the tank, probably alongside the very people they helped to throw in the same tank!

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Smuggling ... this is a good first step, followed by Human Trafficking ... and then RICO them all.

Yeeha!!

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: ravenshadow13
a reply to: Tranceopticalinclined

You can't get public assistance if you're an illegal alien.

Where have you BEEN?
Of course you can! All it takes is a decent fake SScard! Many social agencies are making big bucks serving "illegals" via funding thru both the states and feds using the "illegals" to bolster their rolls as "working poor". It's all "wink-wink, nudge-nudge" while everyone looks the other way!

Between HUD, Section-8, food programs thru schools, food stamps it's been a goldmine for people "working the system".

By that I'm not blaming Illegal's, I'm talking about the Non-Profits and For-Profit Agencies milking the govt tit. Without the illegals and grant writing many of them would be belly-up.

As far as ICE going after city/county/state legislators who rubber stamped Sanctuary Cities" I say GO TEAM!!! They can start with Rahm Immanuel , pelosi and a host of others. There's more than one way to skin the cat to get rid of idiotic politicians. RICO is as good as any other means.
edit on 29-7-2017 by Caver78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 07:33 AM
link   
ICE is doing what is been suspected for a long time, smuggling is profitable, many of the states involved in what they have been calling "Sanctuary Cities" are nothing more and nothing else but centers of organized smuggling of illegals by the organizers.

These so call champions for illegal rights are braking the law but as long as they hide behind the umbrella of basic human right champions they think they can get away with it, after all they had done that for the last 8 years without repercussions under the last administration.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

This is not a states rights issue. The illegal immigrants entered our country illegally by not applying to enter legally & crossing the federal border into our country. Or they overstayed their welcome through expired federal visas, which they agreed to the terms of in order to enter our country.

If one crosses a state line with marijuana from a state where marijuana is legal it also becomes a federal issue. Same with gun trafficking, money laundering, kidnapping, or any other crime which crosses state lines.
edit on 29-7-2017 by JBIZZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Eagerly awaiting the list of sanctuary cities from a legitimate .gov website.

Fake news because sanctuary cities don't exist.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: JBIZZ

This is not a states rights issue.

Yes, it is a State's Rights issue. The rest of your post illustrates how little you understand the subject matter and the issues of contention surrounding the subject.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: links234

You might want to research some of the actual municipal legislations that are very real.

here's a start to your research project

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   

From your link:

Such policies can be set expressly in law (de jure) or observed in practice (de facto), but the designation "sanctuary city" does not have a precise legal definition

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: links234

a reply to: links234

You're fake news until I can see your birth certificate.

lol

FUnny how it can work both ways huh?
edit on 29-7-2017 by Tranceopticalinclined because: (no reason given)

<<   2  3 >>

join