It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AMA's?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Maybe I'm missing something, but I haven't seen any AMA's here since Tom Delonge and David Icke. Have there been more that I missed, or are AMA's going the way of the dinosaurs?

A shame if thats true, AMA's are a big part of the reason I discovered this site

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I bet it is because anyone with a real conspiracy to share who is a celebrity personality gets too much grief from all the resident debunkers here to the point of not feeling welcome, and being treated with hostility. At least this is what I have heard and seen with my own eyes. But naturally this is always going to happen with a fairly open forum and controversial subjects being discussed.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: vlawde

"Ask Me Anything"?

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Lots! But they're not "sanctioned" ones and the threads were deleted.

That's all I know.

All we can do is ask questions!!

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Why do the conspiracy fiction peddlers get all the jazz is what I'm wondering?

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 03:09 AM
link   

yes back when delonge was doing ama's there were a large flood of threads with random people running their own ama's some were interesting but most were just junk and in response ats made a new rule that ama's will no longer be allowed unless prior approval by staff.

personally i think its ridiculous to disallow them entirely just because some percentage of them were junk, just remove the junk. instead they removed the good ones with the junk and disallowed good ones from being posted in future.

lets be real most people wont want to go through the hassle of getting prior approval just to make a ama thread. who knows what sort of information we have been denied, what sort of ignorance we have been thrust into due to the decision to disallow ama's.

i guess the fact youll never know the effects its had on your own personal information acquisition is itself an ignorance consequence.

eta: ats has in the past claimed that they do not censor or remove threads unless they have to for legal purposes, to protect their business.
but it would seem disallowing ama's doesnt fit into that philosophy at all...
edit on 29-7-2017 by NobodiesNormal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 08:13 AM
link   
It's a "given" that ATS members aren't your everyday conference attending sheeple, so it's prerequisite that any Guest both wear asbestos undies and maybe have read some threads to gauge the audience. I'm sure some AMA Guests made the mistake of thinking "how bad can it be?" and were surprised.

We ask pointed questions, usually know way too much background material and refuse to be "fluffed-off".
You have to admit we're a tough nut to crack.

It's got to be difficult to find a Guest who having seen what happens, agree to being "fresh meat" for our grinder. Secondly I can't fault the owners for restricting AMA's to prior approval, to leave that material online here "Implies" the person was approved or vetted and can lead to difficulties down the road.

Plus you have to admit there was a TON of tongue & cheek crap going on, hilarious an entertaining as it was!

Personally I'd LOVE to see some AMA's with someone in the Archeology Field for the Ancient Civilization Forum. We have't had that and it'd be fantastic! Or even a Nutritionist for the Food Forum?
edit on 29-7-2017 by Caver78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Most of the AMAs we've had here were a result of one of the owners reaching out to someone they believed the membership would appreciate the opportunity to interact with and inviting them to come and do an AMA.

We typically try to have some staff monitor those fairly closely to minimize the problems that can arise when you have a well known person available for conversation. Sometimes people will sign up just to go after a person who has some notoriety. Hard to believe, right? We always strive for civility, and ask me anything doesn't mean 'I'll answer everything', so there are those who get frustrated with the process. We like for those to be a good experience for the guest and the members.

Now people who are members are free to start threads (within the confines of the T&C) about whatever they choose. But the AMA format tends to be a troll magnet for things like, "I'm a werewolf/vampire/alien/time traveler"-type trolling threads where the OP doesn't have the gumption to even start out with their story. "I'm totally an orc hybrid. Ask me anything". Been there, got the scars , no interest in the nonsense.

Every thread starter is subject to inquiry. There's -0- need for an AMA format for the membership in general.

For the member suggesting it's contrary to the posted rules, I'd invite all to read the Terms and Conditions [paying particular attention to #22 Disclaimer and #24 Right of Community Management.

In the meantime, be assured Springer is always on the prowl for a likely AMA guest and suggestions are always welcome.

Thanks.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Thanks yeahright.

The ones I miss are the type you mentioned, where the owners bringing in folks (and verifying their identity) that are somewhat known in the fields they represent. George Knapp is a good example. He has publicly said he is following the 'renewed activity' at Skinwalker Ranch. I'd like to hear more on that,

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: vlawde
Thanks yeahright.

The ones I miss are the type you mentioned, where the owners bringing in folks (and verifying their identity) that are somewhat known in the fields they represent. George Knapp is a good example. He has publicly said he is following the 'renewed activity' at Skinwalker Ranch. I'd like to hear more on that,

George is a friend of the site, and a friend of Springer's. PM Springer and see if maybe George would come back on to talk about Skinwalker updates. That would be a good one.

top topics

join