It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sony A7SII now outside the ISS 4K video day or night.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Hi All Sony now have a A7SII on the outside of the ISS 4K video day & night.

www.sonyalpharumors.com...

Tokyo, Japan – Sony today released a variety of immersive 4K (QFHD 3840×2160) footage from outer space recorded by the acclaimed α7S II full-frame mirrorless camera. This is the world’s first*1 commercial camera to be mounted outside of the International Space Station (ISS) used to capture video in 4K. The videos showcase the Japanese islands from outer space with footage taken during day and night, showing off its majestic snow-covered peaks and metropolitan lights right down to the differences in color tone. These were able to be captured by virtue of the α7S II’s high sensitivity performance as well as high resolution 4K recording capability.

To see what these cameras can do look here

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 27-7-2017 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: wmd_2008

That camera is certainly a consideration in my move to 4k video. The Lumix G7 wins the price point race.

Any suggestions?

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
a reply to: wmd_2008

That camera is certainly a consideration in my move to 4k video. The Lumix G7 wins the price point race.

Any suggestions?

Plenty of others in the Sony range from the A6500 up so have a look.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Here's the video,

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

Will they cut live feed if anything "odd" shows up?

You know, like, Nasa?

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   
On my PC monitor it looks flat to me. That settles it!!

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   
It looks to me like this 4K camera "sees" clearer and sharper than the human eye can, but how can that be, since I'm viewing it with human eyes?

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Top left @ 4.00 that a UFO?

Pretty neat camera..

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
It looks to me like this 4K camera "sees" clearer and sharper than the human eye can, but how can that be, since I'm viewing it with human eyes?

And on a relatively low-resolution screen, to boot!

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

And on a relatively low-resolution screen, to boot!

Is it worthwhile to get a 4K Television yet? I see them in the stores, but what's being played on the screens is not a feed from a Cable or Dish provider. It's 4K prepared video material. Don't want to get "suckered" into buying a 4K TV, if the broadcasters aren't broadcasting 4K tv shows.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Is it worthwhile to get a 4K Television yet? I see them in the stores, but what's being played on the screens is not a feed from a Cable or Dish provider. It's 4K prepared video material. Don't want to get "suckered" into buying a 4K TV, if the broadcasters aren't broadcasting 4K tv shows.

I'm trying to watch less TV, not more. It looks pretty good in the stores, but I'm not dropping that kind of money on something that could turn out to be the next "3-D" TV.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 02:02 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I have one lots of 4k stuff on Netflix,Amazon prime & YouTube you also have the option of watching 4k bluray if you havr a player.

Running slideshows of my pictures taken with a 16 mp DSLR look good as well..

edit on 28-7-2017 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: slapjacks

If they wanted to hide things they wouldn't use live feeds/let the public see the video or images or not install cameras in the first place but hey thats to complicated for some to work out it seems.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Fisherr

I thought that it was a UFO as well, had to look again to see where it came from, it just appears, right in the middle of view!

If the videos playing at normal speed then its going at a ridiculous speed. Could it possibly be a bird? I think so.

new topics

top topics

join