It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prophecy From 1622 About Cataclysm Of 2017? Reality check...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

Global cleansing?
Sounds like a line from one of those programs that invade your computer and send popups telling you all the things wrong with the Windows installation.
Its a choice a lot of people just end up on tablets..

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Aren't we waiting for some biblical astronomical prophecy to be fulfilled? Isn't it supposed to be completed this fall?

I forgot what it was, it was about some planet or something passing through a star constellation based on a female and stuff.

The miracles part is interesting since it matches that

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

What kind of loving parent doesn't from time to time allow lessons to occur naturally? After all...the very best lessons are learned through trial and error.

A kid learns a lesson when they do something wrong to warrant punishment. Regular people who are good, but do not have the power to change what happens should not need to learn any lesson because it isn't our fault that this mess exists in the first place. Reminds me of Basic training, or Military in general, where one guy screws up, and the rest of us payed for HIS mistake.

But I do see your point.

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jiggly
why does god wait till AFTER all the death, and chaos to do something about it?

He's stuck in sandtrap on the golf course . And smiting caddies .

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer
If God wanted to make some miracles happen perhaps he could actually stop all the bs?

Or is that expecting too much from a loving all powerful deity?

wow, that's very christian of you wake up beer
Asking God to end all the worlds pain

When Christians do that we are accused of wanting a global genocide, but it's ok for atheists to demand God do it

What should God do, lobotomise all the people who disagree with you
Just return and end every bodies misery, judging evil
Or just the misery that threatens you as an individual

A loving god wouldn't kill or hurt anyone. It would just make it impossible for humans to hurt each other at all through some kind of Miracle.

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 09:25 PM
link   
It is interesting to see people who obviously don't even believe in God suddenly angry that it isn't somehow stepping in to end misery. It's like being mad that Santa Clause didn't deliver presents.

There are perfectly rational and logical ways to view a Creator, and one does not need to anthropomorphize it. A creator doesn't need to be an actual single entity, neither does it need to be in a position to do anything about anything.

In a rush to criticize or make fun of the story you end up with a closed mind looking like a fool. Try not to let your own preconceived notions about others preconceived notions be more important that the actual text.

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 09:26 PM
link   
We as a race do not act like a good and loving God should offer us anything, but He says he will. If we are to understand Revelations in the Bible, then we know that we are currently in a period called mercy, we are moving into the time period called judgment. Though we look to the judgment day which we all understand in the bible, there is a period just before that time called the time of judgment, where the world will not only see the power of God they will see his judgment pored out in different ways. During the time of Mercy we saw his power, (many have missed these events) but those who took the time to know Him saw his overflowing love.
Whats coming ahead is to give the world it's last chance to know him through his power and judgment. Thus in the temple part in Revelations WHERE IT WAS FILLED WITH SMOKE AND NO ONE COULD ENTER IN, shows what would normally be access to the mercy seat, or the mercy of God within, which is not available to man during this period just ahead. In the last parts of the things, much further ahead, situations in the world will be so bad we would not survive as a species if God did not intervene...All of this will be to the convincing of all, that this is His world and he will reveal things which shall show he has been in control all along. It seems harsh, possibly cruel from our standpoint. But there are reasons for all of this which comes from a Father of the great capacity of eternal love. No one dies of whom he is not aware, no one suffers for no reason or some form of gain in this life or the one to come. No one is lost unless in the end they choose to walk away. Everything will be understood, and is understood when all is revealed. I hope my poor writing skills do not turned you off to what I have said.

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 10:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

originally posted by: Raggedyman

If God wanted to make some miracles happen perhaps he could actually stop all the bs?

wow, that's very christian of you wake up beer
Asking God to end all the worlds pain

When Christians do that we are accused of wanting a global genocide, but it's ok for atheists to demand God do it

What should God do, lobotomise all the people who disagree with you
Just return and end every bodies misery, judging evil
Or just the misery that threatens you as an individual

A loving god wouldn't kill or hurt anyone. It would just make it impossible for humans to hurt each other at all through some kind of Miracle.

So love doesnt require justice.
And take away free will.

Lobotomised humanity

edit on 25-7-2017 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 11:13 PM
link   

and wouldnt it be nice
It happened in the old testament, God allowed and slaughtered whole tribes and people are still complaining about Gods judgement and justice
Sadly it didnt accomplish anything either, look where we are now

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I just want to chime in real quick about the back and forth in this thread regarding gods inaction etc.

Here's the thing...

God isn't real.

Yep, I know it's a shocking development but the sooner the majority of humanity accepts this, whether Christian, Muslim, Jewish, a piece of burnt toast or one of the other hundreds of imaginary deities being the faith you subscribe to, the better off we will all be!

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a reply to: TOMFROMOZ

Thanks for enlightening everyone. Powerful stuff. Very compelling.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Can you keep your children safe forever?
Don't they become adults and require freedom?
What kind of God would interfere with our free will?

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Mankind was born with the capacity to figure these things out and "stop the BS" themselves. That is what you are here for, to help stop the BS, or if you choose, you can contribute to the BS. That is why we are all here. It is an obvious and very grand test.
What would be accomplished if God did everything for you? It would be like being led around on a leash even though you already know what to do and where to go, by knowing right from wrong. Consider it an opportunity to either sink or swim, and to help others so they don't drown, or the other choice is to help people drown which is the wrong river to swim down.

I bet you can guess just how crowded that "wrong" river is. But it doesn't have to be.
edit on 26-7-2017 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 12:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Blindmancc

You are suffering religious Stockholm.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 12:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

You're absolutely right. Not that I think they happened necessarily. Irrelevant. Our opinions differ. Where the believer may see those OT actions a fight against evil, and only evil, that's not how I view it. I view it more akin to a final solution. Where I see innocence, the believer may see a heathen and divine justice.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 12:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals

Can you keep your children safe forever?
Don't they become adults and require freedom?
What kind of God would interfere with our free will?

Maybe the same kind of God who would flood the entire planet because he got pissed off, regretful, jealous, and decided to throw a fit?

ETA: For the record, it is made clear in the Bible itself that God influences and manipulate free will.

God sends "strong delusions so that they may believe a lie"
God "hardens the heart against him" of (in this example) the Pharaoh when Moses (under God's command) goes to him to plead for the freedom of God's people.
God sends lying spirits into the mouths of some prophets. (then smites them for it)

Just some examples.

How can I, and why should I, trust a God who has exhibited such behavior?

edit on 7-26-2017 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 01:07 AM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

You guys like to ignore the point I'm trying to make, and turn the table to make it seem like I'm just some arrogant, entitled, ignorant of the facts atheist who will never "get it".

I'm not those things. I understand the theology and I'm calling it out as bull#.

ETA: When I say "you guys" I don't necessarily mean you specifically.

edit on 7-26-2017 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 01:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: TOMFROMOZ
I just want to chime in real quick about the back and forth in this thread regarding gods inaction etc.

Here's the thing...

God isn't real.

Yep, I know it's a shocking development but the sooner the majority of humanity accepts this, whether Christian, Muslim, Jewish, a piece of burnt toast or one of the other hundreds of imaginary deities being the faith you subscribe to, the better off we will all be!
Naw

Naw it's like this....God made a new creature that had special clout and the angels were angry.

In the garden God has given man the job of fighting evil, He can only do what man asks him.

Jesus said speak to the problem, He is saying we have the power so don't ask Him,....we raise the dead or heal the sick. When he said whosoever speaks to that mountain....

God has given us the power, that's why in the book of Job, he can't just take over to stop the massacre and loss.

God has relinquished the power and given to mankind, made somebody evil mad at us!

So refuse to be a victim
edit on 26-7-2017 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 01:50 AM
link   

The Old Testament was a Different God, the God of the Israelites.
When they failed him he opened his grace to all men through his son, Jesus and formed a new covenant.
The New Testament is the book of Christ.
The difference is monotheism vs a triune godhead of father, son and holy ghost/
edit on 26-7-2017 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 02:06 AM
link   

a reply to: Raggedyman

You're absolutely right. Not that I think they happened necessarily. Irrelevant. Our opinions differ. Where the believer may see those OT actions a fight against evil, and only evil, that's not how I view it. I view it more akin to a final solution. Where I see innocence, the believer may see a heathen and divine justice.

I think if you looked at the tribes and practices of those tribes, they had it coming
Look at ISIS now, thats the country and people.

And also dont read the bible literally, it is written in Greek and Hebrew as well.
Hyperbole plays a big part as well as its customary speech

As for those lying spirits God used, hmmmm...
There are real problems people choose to ignore

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join