It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats scarier? A Military or Political Coup?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Right now I think America is experiencing both a Political and Military coup from the Democrats/The Left. It's a very small but effective Military Coup starting with Obama by allowing all intel agencies to share damaging information not just about Trump but the whole US Government with each other then you have leaders of the Obama Administration call there movement "The Resistance" a very pro military term one has to wonder if this is a Coup. Democrats have been in charge for the last 8 years. They lose complete power and now cry foul play anything Trump says or does even down to how many scoops of Ice Cream he gets, and how long he shakes a Presidents hand for.

Starting at the inauguration something crazy like 60+ Democrats didn't show up.Trump has only been in power for like 6 months and already We have had nothing but violent protests in major cities across the US and one campaign worker of Bernie even tried taking it to the next level by assassinating the GOP. Which if he succeeded would have had a very drastic change of power. Then you have the Democrats who didn't even bother to show up at the Ceremony introducing Articles of Impeachment against are duly elected President for "Possible Collusion with Russia", firing James Comey which all the Dems wanted gone after he reopened Hillary's case days before voting, wiretapping Trump campaign people then illegally unmasking there names. And citing the same person in the Article of Impeachment letters lol. O and having people at the very top like Comey Leaking to get close friends appointed as a Special Counsel.

After watching the Turkey Military Coup it was quick and effective. Everything was shut down. But this Political Coup that the Dems are organizing is a lot more painful in my opinion. Hell they even tried to shut down the Government in the process. Longest approval for Cabinet picks etc., The Supreme Court pick was unanimously approved but then cause he was chosen by Trump hes unfit to serve. Mass Censorship of Free Speech at College Universities across the country if people dont agree with the speaker etc., I mean enough is enough.

edit on 20-7-2017 by Xianb because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Just like planned back in the 90s . All I will say for now.

Forgot the question .
Answer : Any option. The military oath is all about defending the Constitution against enemies both foreign and domestic . They would have to "put down" any such coup if it was a danger to that document.

edit on 7/20/17 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I think you asked a very good question here. Which would be worse for the American people.
But then from my perspective you go all helter skelter basing your thinking on the false concept that dems are bad guys and reps are good guys. That is I guess.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   
These kinds of things totally fit Obama and his wife perfectly, and it's no surprise.

A political coup it certainly is. Trump should send the military to any location that has government rendering assistance to any of these Obama era hold backs and level the buildings and take no prisoners.
edit on 20-7-2017 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   
A coup, by it's very definition, is the illegal and overt seizure of a state.

Whining about the number of ice cream scoops somebody gets is neither illegal nor overt seizure. It's just whining. Intelligence leaks are illegal, but not an overt seizure.

I sincerely doubt there will ever be anything close to an actual military coup while Trump is in office, and it would be pretty hard for "the left" to stage an actual coup without the support of at least some of the military.

But I think it's safe to say that people will continue to link the words "whine" and "coup attempt" together for many years to come.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   
From what I've heard, the Military did not like Obama and he didn't like them. Firing Generals who didn't agree with his agenda made sure of that and any plans they may have to oust Trump will be quickly halted.
We have active/recently out members of our Military who can say whether they like Trump or not, but again, from what I've heard, they'd like anyone better than Obama. He basically treated them like servants and Hillary outright despised them. They swore to uphold our Constitution against enemies both foreign and domestic and I believe they will not follow orders from anyone trying to take over our government.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Whining about the number of ice cream scoops somebody gets is neither illegal nor overt seizure. It's just whining. Intelligence leaks are illegal, but not an overt seizure.

I sincerely doubt there will ever be anything close to an actual military coup while Trump is in office, and it would be pretty hard for "the left" to stage an actual coup without the support of at least some of the military.

But I think it's safe to say that people will continue to link the words "whine" and "coup attempt" together for many years to come.

You haven't been paying attention. The Democrats are saying Trump is Putin's Puppet and therefore his election was a coup against "Democracy". So he must be removed cause the 2016 election was illegitimate.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Xianb

To make my point of helter skelter thinking I offer one of the replies you have recieved.

A political coup it certainly is. Trump should send the military to any location that has government rendering assistance to any of these Obama era hold backs and level the buildings and take no prisoners.

Do you see the kind of thinking that evolves from it? It thinks Trump should send the military to take out American citizens. Do you see? This kind of thinking leads to thinking that this is ok. To thinking that the right thing to do would be to level their buildings. To taking no prisoners, which of course means killing them all. If that is how you want to end up thinking, stuck in moronic hatred like that it is your choice.

edit on 31America/ChicagoThu, 20 Jul 2017 18:46:20 -0500Thu, 20 Jul 2017 18:46:20 -050017072017-07-20T18:46:20-05:00600000046 by TerryMcGuire because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 06:47 PM
link   

The Democrats are saying

Key phrase highlighted for you. Saying something isn't a coup.

Filing impeachment articles isn't a coup, whether you agree with the articles or not. It's the legal means to remove the President.

So yes, I've been paying attention. Both in terms of what's happening in the country, and in Constitutional Law.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Lol...just lol...

Trump got caught colluding with the Russians and then obstructing of justice trying to cover it up..

That's not a coupe.

And not even close to half of America will veiw it that way if he is empeached.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 06:59 PM
link   
It's less a coup than it is an astro-turfing campaign in preparation for the next election.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   

The Democrats are saying

Key phrase highlighted for you. Saying something isn't a coup.

Filing impeachment articles isn't a coup, whether you agree with the articles or not. It's the legal means to remove the President.

So yes, I've been paying attention. Both in terms of what's happening in the country, and in Constitutional Law.

Have you read the articles? Because I have. They use the word "Possible". That is a coup. If you are going to remove a duly elected President you better have the Smoking Gun. For the President to be removed on "Possible" is not evidence. And if you don't believe me then here it from the authors own words:

Because even if he knows its not going to happen. Thats a major red flag in my book.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

Lol...just lol...

Trump got caught colluding with the Russians and then obstructing of justice trying to cover it up..

That's not a coupe.

And not even close to half of America will veiw it that way if he is empeached.

Collusion is not a crime. And once again if you want Obstruction of Justice go ask Bill, Comey, and Lynch about Hillarys Matter Probe

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 07:12 PM
link   

You should go read up on what a coup is.

Then go read up on what the impeachment process is.

Then we can discuss how the impeachment process is by it's very definition not a coup. You seem wholly and completely confused as to some pretty basic definitions of things, and that's making your assertion flawed from the foundation up.

Again, just because you don't like what's in the articles doesn't make them a coup.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   

And once again if you want Obstruction of Justice go ask Bill, Comey, and Lynch about Hillarys Matter Probe

All of which are irrelevant to whether Trump committed Obstruction or not.

I'm genuinely unsure as to whether you have even a basic concept of law at this point.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Nuclear war trumps both and could come about if any military or political coup happened.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Nuclear war trumps both and could come about if any military or political coup happened.

And Dems want War with Russia because they attacked our Democracy. So ya that statement is true cause Russia has nukes.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Nicely done. Very short, to the point, and pretty much covers the topic. Star!

I was going to respond to that nonsense in the OP, but couldn't figure out where to start. Thanks again.
edit on 20-7-2017 by TacSite18 because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-7-2017 by TacSite18 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed
These kinds of things totally fit Obama and his wife perfectly, and it's no surprise.

Uh huh. You really think that? If so, please tell me you are drunk.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   
oops
edit on 20-7-2017 by Shamrock6 because: yea i read that way wrong lol

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join