It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aicraft design I made last 2008 showed up with Lockheed Martin!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 11:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

originally posted by: johndeere2020

originally posted by: rickymouse
Well, it appears that somehow you are linked to someone who is doing research. Your thoughts interact with their thoughts.

They were probably designing that about the time you were designing it or maybe they saw your design and copied it.

That is also probable. Lockheed started the work at about the same time I published my work.

But I also can't shake the fact, there were engineers from Boeing, etc who did SEE my work last 2008. Boeing also came up with a very similarly looking design last 2009 but didn't follow up. Only Lockheed Martin followed up but with a design that looked a lot like mine!

It could be you inspired some of their engineers to build a similar style plane. You patent a product, not an idea. I don't think I would want to lock horns with that company, they have some excellent lawyers onboard.

Yea, I wouldn't even dream of it! I was actually pleasantly surprised when I saw it, not for anything else. But to see something that came out of your head, possibly see for real one day, even fly on it one day, already made my day!

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 11:43 PM
link   
a reply to: johndeere2020

Send all the information to them, cc several different people from different departments in Lockheed. Make sure their legal dept gets a copy too. It'll start up office chatter about the coincidence/theft of idea. Mention that you have other designs and your looking for work. Making the legal department aware of the situation along with heads of other department might get them to hire you on or contract work from you. Cheaper to pay you a salary than battle you in court.
edit on 18-7-2017 by PlasticWizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 11:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: PlasticWizard

Send all the information to them, cc several different people from different departments in Lockheed. Make sure their legal dept gets a copy too. It'll start up office chatter about the coincidence/theft of idea. Mention that you have other designs and your looking for work. Making the legal department aware of the situation along with heads of other department might get them to hire you on or contract work from you. Cheaper to pay you a salary than battle you in court.

That's a great idea!

But I wouldn't know how to get their personal emails, if it's even legal to have info of their personal emails.

The department responsible is solely with Skunkworks and that department is highly secretive.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 11:57 PM
link   
a reply to: PlasticWizard

Exactly, thats what I would do.........They Obviously copied your design. But you wont win in court...they have the $$.

As PlasticW says, I would be writing to the CEO of Lockheed, + the Design head of Skunkworks etc etc......and say " thankyou for using My designs from 2008...
BUT If you think they are Good, wait till you see my designs from 2017!!!

I'd hit them up for a "Contract" job, maybe 6 months full contract deal to start.

Keep you secrets up your sleeve and tell them you are "talkin" with Boeing, Hughes Corp, Northrop etc and get them interested...

I'd go as far as to also write to the Bosses of Boeing/Hughes/Northrop etc etc and even state that Locheed used your design, but you have more ideas.....see if you can create a bit of a bid on your talents.

Its a dog eat dog World.....you gotta put yourself out there.

What have you been doing since 2008 anyway? Have you been in the design industry?

Good luck and keep that brain active.

Now...about that cheap magnetic drive disc, you have been working on.....

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 11:59 PM
link   
it would be neat if you could get a job but I cant see it happening if they did indeed rip you off. You never know though.

on the bright side ... you kind of work for them already so you can take pride in that.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 12:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: agenda51
it would be neat if you could get a job but I cant see it happening if they did indeed rip you off. You never know though.

on the bright side ... you kind of work for them already so you can take pride in that.

You mean a job with absolutely no benefits...

I have actually several more designs I'm keeping that might be considered a 'game changer'. They could keep it if they could get me.

It just seems weird, without a degree nor any real industry experience. All I know are simply from hobbies and showing up in informal competitions.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 12:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: gort51
a reply to: PlasticWizard
Keep you secrets up your sleeve and tell them you are "talkin" with Boeing, Hughes Corp, Northrop etc and get them interested...

I'd go as far as to also write to the Bosses of Boeing/Hughes/Northrop etc etc and even state that Locheed used your design, but you have more ideas.....see if you can create a bit of a bid on your talents.

Great idea! Actually DARPA, drew up a requirement that produced similar designs the next year, 2009.

I will try these advice and see how far it will go.....If I'm still alive that is, lol!

Now...about that cheap magnetic drive disc, you have been working on.....

It worked but it wasn't according to my theory. Something else is at work I couldn't get my head on. It's not yet evolved to a useful product at this stage, need more time with it.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 03:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: johndeere2020

originally posted by: PlasticWizard

That's a great idea!

But I wouldn't know how to get their personal emails, if it's even legal to have info of their personal emails.

The department responsible is solely with Skunkworks and that department is highly secretive.

Sorry for the mobile link. Below is the Lockheed contact page. It's has a few different departments and a message submit form. Some sections of interest might be:employment, the ethics dept., media, social media. Its the place to to start. The careers page on the site doesn't work right now.

m.lockheedmartin.com...

Found a working jobs link. Plenty of aeronautical engineer jobs available. 3 pages, some entry level.

www.lockheedmartinjobs.com...
edit on 19-7-2017 by PlasticWizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 03:57 AM
link   

congrats on your desigin - it looks pretty cool

but reality check :

there are sufficient differences between your design and lockheeds - that any attempt at " they stole my design " would be doomed - UNLESS you can find actual evidence that your schematics were in lockheeds posesion - and used as the start point

because - the crux of the argument is :

" ATS member johndeere2020 designed a conceptual aircraft for a design competition that looks like < this > , lockheed [ with a huge staff of designers ] made a desigin that looks like < that > it has some similarities - but lockheed COULD NOT have made thier design on thier own "

read the above - untill the absurdity of the " they stole my design " claim siinks in

lastly -i dont mean to detract from your design - but one could easily argue that you started with a B2 , stuck A10 engines on it and a c5 // c17 tail

then massaged it - till the computer sim gave you the preformance stats you wanted

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 06:09 AM
link   
They added a little curl to the wings tips, lmao.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 06:11 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Nope. Not if he didnt own the copyright back in that year...and maybe he should have copyrighted it? But...appears he did not.

Outta luck....

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 06:15 AM
link   

A 70's-80's Pontiac Firebird and Chevy Camaro have a soooooo similar design. Flying past you at 100 mph...you couldnt tell the difference.

Last I knew too? You cant copyright a shape ie: a circle, a square, a triangle etc. Though I think someone tried copyrighting the Smiley Face....

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Wow! That definitely is the same aircraft. At the least there is a record of your design on the internet for starters. That would suck if someone got a huge pay raise and advancement from doing this.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Sue them

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 06:32 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

You are probably right.

But perhaps you missed his comment, the he had Wind Tunnel Tested his design at......the Lockheed wind tunnel!!!
With Lockheed engineers around....in 2008 I presume.

Industrial copying has been going on forever......Im sure even aircraft companies do it......sure seems that way when all the US Military aircraft look the same.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a reply to: gort51

the more carefully i read the OPs tail - the less coherent it becomes

to specificaly answer your observation : [ in chronological order ]

Anyway, what could be make of this??? Is there a possibility that Lockheed Martin somehow saw my design in the 2008 competition and took it as their own?

There were aircraft engineer regulars in that forum and one of them is from Boeing. I didn't know if there were Lockheed engineers in there but it's likely they did

my own observation - its on a public forum - ANYONE can read it

It was all simulated but everything checked out. It also checked out in the wind tunnel testing done by Lockheed.

1 how was a simulation " wind tunnel tested " ?? - you need a model for a tunnel test

2 - makes no sense in light of his earlier quotes

i have now lost interest - i has said what i wanted - and will leave it at that

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 07:29 AM
link   
The vertical stabilizers on the wing tips is a nice touch.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Both Boeing and Lockheed were working on similar designs since at least 2008. They unveiled the final design in 2015, but it has been around for years.

NASA flew the BWB-17 in 1997, and more recently the X-48 with Boeing. A hybrid lifting body has been toyed with since the 30s or so, if not earlier.

Form follows function. If you want a really efficient aircraft with a good L/D, you design a semi lifting body design, which means it's going to look similar to everyone else's design. There are multiple examples of that out there with designs from the B-1/Tu-160 to the Concorde.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 07:59 AM
link   

My first post at Ats. Woo-woo!

Sorry, had to do that. Anyway, it will be very interesting if you get a response from Lockheed. You gotta believe those guys keep an eye on these forums to see what pops up.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger
a reply to: olaru12

Nope. Not if he didnt own the copyright back in that year...and maybe he should have copyrighted it? But...appears he did not.

Outta luck....

I read the thread...and here's what he posted....it appears he did!

Yup, it was copyrighted last 2008!

edit on 19-7-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join