It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Introduction + Opinion on Death

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Hell, I'm Kota. I'm 21, male and I am curious about a great many things. (Hence why I'm here) First and foremost, I wish to say hello to everyone and I look forward to see all the varying opinions everyone has on a variety of topics. Now like my thread title mentions, I would like to bring up my current opinion on death just so you can get a better understanding of myself and my philosophy.

My current stance on death and the potential of what happens afterwards is this. Regardless of whether you believe in any form of Religion, Science, Spirituality or Nothingness it is entirely irrelevant for most people (Since my opinion is nowhere near the truth regardless of whether it actually is or isn't since we simply are unable to know the truth to such a topic while here in this physical life) as to why I think this, it's simply because I believe what happens after death is entirely up to everyone individually. If you believe in nonexistence after death, then that will become your reality, if you believe in going to a place like heaven or hell after death, then that will become your reality, if you believe in reincarnation after death, then that will become your reality and so on and so forth. I believe that once we die we go through the act of waking up (Becoming fully aware of what is) and going to sleep (Parting from the physical) at nearly the exact same time, whereas once you die you and the entirety of your being (However you wish to interpret that) shapes what happens afterwards. Since that once we die, we are no longer bound by earthly rules or concepts. In other words, I personally believe after death we enter a lucid dream-like state of which everyone's will be slightly different from one another, however it is all connected to one another since it's still all a part of existence itself. I don't know how true or false my view may be, but this is simply what I believe at the moment. I hope this gives a general idea of the type of person I am, if it's not enough feel free to ask questions. I will do my best to answer them. Thank you for your time.

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: KotaNight

Welcome! Back in the the '60's...we learned about everything and questioned everything. One example was...a seed produces...that which it produces...dies or becomes something else...falls to the ground...deteriorates into that ground and comes up again in a cycle.

I had a Zen Buddhist monk explain it to me this way: Throw a glass marble at a brick wall. It shatters into a million tiny shards of all sizes and flies in every direction. Question? Where is the marble NOW?

Answer #1- Gone. Destroyed...a marble no longer.
Answer #2 -Marble is still there, and hasnt gone anywhere..and still a marble. Just now in a million, separate, tiny pieces...form changed...but still a marble in a different shape and form.

I believe when we "die"? We dont really go anywhere...just change shape into something else...and whatever that is? We have to get there 1st to find out....

Again...welcome to ATS.

Mysterioustranger

edit on 15-7-2017 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Hi Kota, the death process from Buddhist perspective can be viewed here. I now personally think its more important to live the now than worrying about all the things that might end our life. I use to fear too many things but now realise that I was living in fears that may never occur. Best to live the now and try radiate kindness as best we can.

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 10:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: KotaNight
Hell, I'm Kota. I'm 21, male and I am curious about a great many things. (Hence why I'm here) First and foremost, I wish to say hello to everyone and I look forward to see all the varying opinions everyone has on a variety of topics.

Now like my thread title mentions, I would like to bring up my current opinion on death just so you can get a better understanding of myself and my philosophy.

My current stance on death and the potential of what happens afterwards is this. Regardless of whether you believe in any form of Religion, Science, Spirituality or Nothingness it is entirely irrelevant for most people (Since my opinion is nowhere near the truth regardless of whether it actually is or isn't since we simply are unable to know the truth to such a topic while here in this physical life) as to why I think this, it's simply because I believe what happens after death is entirely up to everyone individually.

If you believe in nonexistence after death, then that will become your reality, if you believe in going to a place like heaven or hell after death, then that will become your reality, if you believe in reincarnation after death, then that will become your reality and so on and so forth.

I believe that once we die we go through the act of waking up (Becoming fully aware of what is) and going to sleep (Parting from the physical) at nearly the exact same time, whereas once you die you and the entirety of your being (However you wish to interpret that) shapes what happens afterwards.

Since that once we die, we are no longer bound by earthly rules or concepts. In other words, I personally believe after death we enter a lucid dream-like state of which everyone's will be slightly different from one another, however it is all connected to one another since it's still all a part of existence itself.

I don't know how true or false my view may be, but this is simply what I believe at the moment. I hope this gives a general idea of the type of person I am, if it's not enough feel free to ask questions. I will do my best to answer them. Thank you for your time.

Great thread - but ATS appreciates it when you break it up a bit. I might not have done it perfectly - but - it's much easier to read as such.

For me? You die? You're in heaven.

Christ said so - I believe.

Enjoy your time here on ATS.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Very interesting, thanks for the reply.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: glend

Of course, it is most certainly important to focus on the present and to spread kindness however one can. But, I view things that one fears as being healthy to discuss as without doing so you will likely continue to live in fear of whatever it is that you fear, discussing it tends to break apart one's fear of it over time. (At least based from my own experience it might be different depending upon the individual) However, that being said I personally hold no fear of death which is why I don't evade the topic of it.

As for the Buddhist perspective, I am aware of it to a certain extent. Buddhism and Hinduism are two things that I have been exploring a lot of lately. Thank you for the link, it was an interesting read.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: silo13

Duly noted, I shall do so in the future. Also, my parents are Christian; While I personally may not be, I do appreciate the sincerity one holds to their specific beliefs.

Thank you for your time.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: KotaNight

Just trying to help. I wasn't being critical - I hope you know that.

Peace

new topics

top topics

join