It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI Offered Citizenship/Cash For Saying He Hacked Clinton Emails, Russian Hacker Claims

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: IAMTAT
If they had actual evidence he did it, why not accuse and charge him?

I mean last I checked the FBI has neither jurisdiction in Russia or the Czech Republic.

So?
If they have proof he's their guy...why not name and charge him?
Extradition request to follow...(along with CASH, Apt. and Citizenship, apparently).

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   

I mean last I checked the FBI has neither jurisdiction in Russia or the Czech Republic.

So?
Extradition request to follow...(along with CASH, Apt. and Citizenship, apparently).

With what? How do you charge a non-US citizen with a crime outside of the US from a federal police department that only has jurisdiction State-side?

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   

So?

With what? How do you charge a non-US citizen with a crime outside of the US from a federal police department that only has jurisdiction State-side?

With the the massive amount of evidence they have.

Are you saying the FBI can never name and charge a foreign national for cyber-crime?

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   

So?

With the the massive amount of evidence they have.

I'm not questioning the evidence they have. In fact the evidence doesn't factor one iota with why I have a problem with what you are saying.

Are you saying the FBI can never name and charge a foreign national for cyber-crime?

I guess they could, but who is going to take them seriously when they don't have the jurisdiction to do anything about it?

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   
The FBI go after cyber criminals in other countries all the time, even British citizens aren't immune to extradition if the FBI want your ass and have evidence.
Look at Gary McKinnon, the FBI have been trying to extradite him for years. If it wasn't for the British government stepping in, he would have been long gone.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: mclarenmp4

Ok. That's fair, but you also show in your own post that even when the FBI REALLY wants their guy, they still need the cooperation of the local government and even allies like Britain aren't guaranteed extraditions. Why would Russia or the Czech Republic allow this guy to be extradited so that the US can charge him for hacking the US under the direction of Russia? Seems counter productive to Russia to me.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

It appears that you have an extradition treaty with the Czech Republic and the last time I looked the Czech Republic is not Russia, so why protect a Russian citizen that has decided to live in your country and risk upsetting an ally?
I'm not sure that Czech - Russia relations are that strong tbh.

Czech - U.S Extradition treaty.

When we as a country stopped the extradition of Gary to the U.S. it was feared that it would hurt our bilateral relations and we are one of your strongest allies, I doubt the Czech's would want to take the risk.
edit on 13-7-2017 by mclarenmp4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I don't know. That information wasn't provided in the OP. Maybe they did pursue the extradition and it was denied. That's why they tried to offer the honey pot to get him to come to the States. Flipping assets isn't exactly unheard of you know? Or maybe they wanted to offer the honey pot first instead of scare him with jail time.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   

That's why they tried to offer the honey pot to get him to come to the States. Flipping assets isn't exactly unheard of you know? Or maybe they wanted to offer the honey pot first instead of scare him with jail time.

Or, maybe they desperately needed any Russian hacker to take the fall...and he was conveniently Russian and a hacker....as well as, all the more attractive, because he was being held in the Czech Republic.

Who can say?
edit on 13-7-2017 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

You''re right. Who can say? So doesn't that make it dishonest to declare that he is being pinned as the fall guy? You don't know any better than I do.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   

You''re right. Who can say?
So doesn't that make it dishonest to declare that he is being pinned as the fall guy?

Not if it's true.
Where did I declare that the FBI was definitely making him a fall guy?

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   

You seem to be heavily insinuating it despite little evidence to it's veracity.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Just picking up what Newsweek put down.

If this is upsetting to you, I'll try real hard not to ask questions or speculate about news stories here on ATS.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 03:06 PM
link   

If this is upsetting to you, I'll try real hard not to ask questions or speculate about news stories here on ATS.

Well. Why are yo implicitly trusting Newsweek for speculating heavily on something they don't have the evidence to prove either? Shouldn't you be questioning your source for lack of evidence in its analysis? Parroting it just because it sounds reasonable isn't doing proper due diligence.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Well. Why are yo implicitly trusting Newsweek for speculating heavily on something they don't have the evidence to prove either? Shouldn't you be questioning your source for lack of evidence in its analysis? Parroting it just because it sounds reasonable isn't doing proper due diligence.

Plenty of questioning; Plenty of skepticism.
You must've missed it.

From my OP:

If this is even true, then it really appears to be Comey's FBI, was trying to buy themselves a fall guy.

As always, it's important to consider the source (Russian Hacker)...but also consider that Newsweek felt his story was worth printing.

Decide for yourself, ATS.

Now,...please try to stick to the subject of this thread...and not it's poster.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Well we are discussing the OP. In this case we are discussing your opinion about the OP and why you have it. It's not off topic and I'm not directly attacking you or anything.

To me. This narrative seems like interesting speculation but it is nothing more than that. Speculation. It's a neat idea but there isn't much to run with so one shouldn't take it too seriously. At least until better evidence surfaces.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   

So much so, that they were willing to offer him US citizenship, CASH...and a paid-for apartment.

I'm not sure that's a great offer. So he agrees to confess, gets his citizenship, a bundle of cash and an apartment only to stand trial and be convicted. Enjoy the next 30 years in prison!

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: LogicalGraphitti

So much so, that they were willing to offer him US citizenship, CASH...and a paid-for apartment.

I'm not sure that's a great offer. So he agrees to confess, gets his citizenship, a bundle of cash and an apartment only to stand trial and be convicted. Enjoy the next 30 years in prison!

The FBI passes out immunity like candy.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   
After watching James Comey operate like an Obama-Hillary azz kissing ferry, this story if true comes with no shock or surprise.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join