It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Wants to Form a Cyber Security Unit With Russia. Some Members of His Party Don't Agree

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 08:19 PM
link   
It is a good idea, and not the first time something like this has been proposed (joint cooperation).

The only possible down side to this is the Russian's may pick up some intel on the US, but guess what; Half the people in this unit (at least) will be from an intelligence agency anyways so that goes both ways.

I would say the potential positives out weigh the negatives.

You carefully outline the scope of the mission before hand, carefully pick the people to be involved and turn them loose and see how they can increase cyber security for both our nations.

Considering China's ability at getting into our networks I think we need help, so why not try to create better relations with Russia.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   
The corporate media has been going crazy criticizing Trump for this proposal, it makes me think that it is a good idea. These are the same people who pushed for us to go to war in Iraq.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

I think she did. It was a tough loss. The real story of that election has not been told yet.

The one thing I did agree with Trump about during the election campaign was that it was time to move forward in relations with Russia particularly, and with the rest of the world. I think that the sort of thinking represented by Brzezinski, i.e., American hegemony, is too problematic.

On the other hand, I think America needs to be prudent in the way it negotiates new pathways with Russia and China. America needs to be of goodwill, watchful and firm where necessary. It's leaders, especially ones of Trump's mind on Russia, need to be very clear about what is going on in the world, what to watch for in the way of pitfalls and navigational hazards. Trump has the will but will without wisdom and experience can be dangerous.

Webster Tarpley's World Crisis Radio program of July 8 is worth mentioning in this context.

tarpley.net...

He talks about a streak of irrationalism that is part of Russian culture and a deeply seated antipathy to the West that antedates Communism by centuries. It began with the split in the Christian religion that produced the Orthodox faith in opposition to the Roman Catholic faith. The West has always been viewed as decadent by Russia and too invested with rationalism and individual freedom.

Putin is very much part of the revival of the Russian Orthodox church and has advisors from conservative elements within that church, "old believers", i.e., religious fanatics who are opposed to western ideas of the individual's place in society.

Trump might not be aware of this thread in Russian culture and might assume too much about the significance of the fall of Communism, a fall lamented by Vladimir Putin.
edit on 9-7-2017 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-7-2017 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: ipsedixit
a reply to: seasonal

It's a very important statistic. It indicates that Americans trusted Trump less than they did "Crooked" Hillary Clinton. Don't you think that's important? It might help explain the demonstrations after Trump was elected and some of the negative press that is directed at him.

Have a look where those demonstrations have been taking place and they are probably likely correlated to the areas where more people voted for Clinton.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 11:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: TruMcCarthy
The corporate media has been going crazy criticizing Trump for this proposal, it makes me think that it is a good idea. These are the same people who pushed for us to go to war in Iraq.

By "Corporate Media" do you mean elected members of his own Party (Graham, Rubio, McCain et.al.)?

Giving the fox free access to the hen-house in an effort to stop the fox from eating your chickens is naive at best.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 11:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Leonidas

originally posted by: TruMcCarthy

By "Corporate Media" do you mean elected members of his own Party (Graham, Rubio, McCain et.al.)?

You just mentioned the 3 biggest establishment Republicans, that most people on the right despise. So yes, those are 3 very important cogs to the Corporatists.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 11:39 PM
link   
a reply to: TruMcCarthy

Just so that I have this correct,...the Intelligence Community, law enforcement, the Justice Department and the Republican Party are not to be trusted, but the Russian Government is?

Gotcha...

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 11:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Leonidas

Just so that I have this correct,...the Intelligence Community, law enforcement, the Justice Department and the Republican Party are not to be trusted, but the Russian Government is?

Gotcha...

The IC, JD, and RP are absolutely not to be trusted, they are the ones who lied to get us into Iraq. But hey, if you want to place your trust in them, be my guest, I'm sure they would never lie to you.

As for trusting Russia, that is your own made-up fantasy, but if it makes you feel better putting those words into my mouth, go for it, I am a people-pleaser.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 05:42 AM
link   

That is a lie. Bush and Cheney lied. This is why Russians can't be trusted.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 01:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

That is a lie. Bush and Cheney lied. This is why Russians can't be trusted.

Can you help me out in following this - Bush and Cheney lied, therefore it's Russia that can't be trusted?

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 06:11 AM
link   
a reply to: GusMcDangerthing

No.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

Wow, you aren't a very pleasant person are you? I'll make sure and remember never to interact with you and I'm sure we'll both be happy about that.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join