It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Archaeologists recover remains of 5,000 year old 'giants' in China.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Archaeologists have found some people in east China 5,000 years ago to be unusually tall and strong. Measurements of bones from graves in Shandong Province show the height of at least one man to have reached 1.9 meters with quite a few at 1.8 meters or taller.

Human bones and jadewares from 5,000 years ago found in a grave excavated at Jiaojia village in Zhangqiu District, Jinan City, capital of Shandong [Credit: Xinhua]

This is just based on the bone structure. If he was a living person, his height would certainly exceed 1.9 meters," said Fang Hui, head of Shandong University's school of history and culture. From 2016, archaeologists have been excavating the ruins of 104 houses, 205 graves and 20 sacrificial pits at Jiaojia village in Zhangqiu District, Jinan City, capital of Shandong. The relics are from the Longshan Culture, a late Neolithic civilization in the middle and lower reaches of the Yellow River, named after Mount Longshan in Zhangqiu. "Already agricultural at that time, people had diverse and rich food resources and thus their physique changed, "said Fang. Millet was the major crop and people raised pigs, according to Fang. Pig bones and teeth were found in some graves.
According to the findings, taller men were found in larger tombs, possibly because such people had a high status and were able to acquire better food.

Shandong locals believe height to be one of their defining characteristics. Confucius (551-479 B.C.), a native of the region, was said to be about 1.9 meters tall.
archaeologynewsnetwork.blogspot.jp...

he archaeological site in Jinan, Shandong province, where the skeleton of an unusually tall man was found [Credit: Jiang Li/China Daily ]

Ok when I opened up my feed, my eyes kinda popped open, because I had just rolled outta bed, seeing the "Giant's" as part of the title my mind raced with images of Annunaki , a thing not expected from my archaeological blog, reading on, the finds were much more mundane, these guys would be the average height of an NBA player, but this find, non the less is interesting considering most humans at the time did not go much over 5ft, so in a way they would be giants in the eyes of others, btw if anyone had a chance to shook hands with an NBA player , may come to the same conclusion , I am about 6ft 1in myself, dwarfing most of my Japanese friends and neighbors .
Btw and this is just my observation nothing scientific about it, but it seems to me the Japanese are getting taller than when I first came here.
edit on 6-7-2017 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 12:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

Some 6 ft tall to about 6.2 wonder what the average was for the area at the time. Maybe more like the Tarim mummies.
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 6-7-2017 by SeaWorthy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 12:15 AM
link   
1.9 meters is 6.2 feet, they wouldn't even make it on a basketball team, how are they "Giants"?

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 12:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
1.9 meters is 6.2 feet, they wouldn't even make it on a basketball team, how are they "Giants"?

I am thinking perhaps it would be like finding a large group or village today of 7-8 ft people.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 12:29 AM
link   

I imagine 5000 years ago , they probably had very few basketball teams (or the goals were lower).
Probably 6 ft was unheard of

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 12:34 AM
link   

For that era, yes they would looked like giants, we have to keep reminding ourselves that most of our ancestors remained diminutive for a very long time.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 12:56 AM
link   
I have personally met more than a handful of people in my town that were pushing closer to 8 feet than 7 ft. No 8 footers so far, but damn I have met some tall people. Im a regular shorty myself at 5'7" and a 7 foot man or woman looks a bit of a giant to my eyes. When I first moved into this place my neighbors called me tall. I just thought it was funny, but they are shorter like 5'5" so it makes sense they would feel that way.

But yea, if me at 5'7" sees a 7 footer as a giant, I can only imagine what somebody between 5' and 5'5" would feel in older times around a 6+ footer.

Also Spider, I do believe I read something a few years back that somebody in office in Jpan was quoted as saying they want to eat more beef so they can grow taller over the generations. Perhaps it is having the desired affect sooner than later?

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 01:11 AM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

Snake Mound in Adams county, Ohio

It stretches across the meadow in the form of a serpent ­ perhaps identifying the god of this ancient race of giants. In the nineteenth century, several published accounts of excavations verified that many of the giants were over eight feet and some nine feet tall and each had a double row of teeth.

True giants...

indiancountrymedianetwork.com...

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 01:21 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Yes I do believe I have seen that effect on the kids or young folks they are taller than their parents, old Japanese folks tend to be very short.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 01:27 AM
link   

6'2 is not the average height of an nba player lol..

Maybe a hair above average modern hieght lol.

It's horrible how bad they click baited the title.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 02:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

6'2 is not the average height of an nba player lol..

Maybe a hair above average modern hieght lol.

It's horrible how bad they click baited the title.

The title theirs,
The avg height of the NBA player mine,
I should have wrote under the height of the avg, NBA player..

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Reminds me of this video. It was "debunked" as a Japanese movie called big man. But the only thing I can find is a cheesy ass movie that doesn't match the quality of the video at all. Like the bad movie special fx doesn't come close to the footage. There's a still picture floating around of these guy in the video too.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 07:54 AM
link   

I've met real giants in my life. I had a friend that was 6'9.
We hung out for many years till he let drugs ruin his life.
Once I was having a party and a guest showed up that made
my friend look small. That guy was pale white and had red hair.
He had to duck way down and turn sideways to get through the front door.
Everyone at the party got quit and I'm sure he was embarrassed.
He did not stay long and I never got his name. He must have been
over 7 feet tall. That's 2.1 meters for the rest of the world.

Then another time I was out camping and at the place I like to go
there are many camp sites but lots of time the campers walk around
and interact with the other camps. So me and my friends were sitting around the
camp fire and a group of strangers from another camp came walking over.
They were told to have a set if they wanted. Only one of them sat down
and I think the reason was because he just had to. This guy must have been
around 6'5 or so. But the thing that was strange was his weight. Huge.
Not obese like you might be picturing but not muscler ether. He was just
big everywhere. All in proportion .Arms , legs, neck even much larger than any normal mans.
We know that he was over 350lb because he sat down in a newly
bought camping chair rated for 350lb. It didn't just break, three of the
steel bars from it's frame snapped within 5 min of him sitting down.
He left soon after. I live in the swamps of the south, we have some
strange looking people down here.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: MaestroMind
a reply to: SeaWorthy

Snake Mound in Adams county, Ohio

It stretches across the meadow in the form of a serpent ­ perhaps identifying the god of this ancient race of giants. In the nineteenth century, several published accounts of excavations verified that many of the giants were over eight feet and some nine feet tall and each had a double row of teeth.

True giants...

indiancountrymedianetwork.com...

That is a wonderful place to visit also!

-Alee

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

For that era, yes they would looked like giants, we have to keep reminding ourselves that most of our ancestors remained diminutive for a very long time.

And most of the world still is.
www.quora.com...

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: [post=22429000]NerdGoddess

That is a wonderful place to visit also!

-Alee

Yes it is a very wonderful place to visit. One can feel the mystique in the surrounding beauty. I encourage people to visit there once in their lifetime. A definite bucket list check off.
edit on 6-7-2017 by MaestroMind because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   
forget 9 foot tall humans or even humanoids at that height the laws of physics start killing them
www.guinnessworldrecords.com/world-records/tallest-man-ever
died at a very young age and any who get in this range just dont live long lifes health problems quickly cause problems .
Now if man ever colonize mars long tearm then 10 foot man would be possible .

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 09:01 PM
link   
For that to be tall they must have dug into an old Ewok village.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 10:17 PM
link   

3 inches taller than average for the time period......

Yeah maybe chinese average was much shorter in this time but nords were not oblivious to this size in this time.... im curious to know the dna of these "giants"

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 10:20 PM
link   

In the last 700,000 years these guys wers 3 #ing inches taller thsn average...... not giants...

Jesus christ what happened to the human race. Have we all gone daft.

www.google.ca... 30k1l2.158783.159512.0.160088.2.2.0.0.0.0.103.194.1j1.2.0....0...1.1j4.64.mobile-gws-serp..0.1.89.KRct356B5Zw

Im a time travelling giant.... give me your money.....
edit on PMAmerica/Chicago481007pm by Aeshma because: I hte using a tablet on ats.....

join