It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do any of you believe in vibes, auras, or otherwise..?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: AkontaDarkpaw

originally posted by: chr0naut
a reply to: deadlyhope

Nah, but then, I am a bit Aspergers, so I wouldn't, would I.

I also think that you can pick up on someone's mood because they want to tell you, and do so, and they display it through physiological cues and expressions.

My husband is an aspie and because I'm in tune i often know what he's thinking before he opens his mouth.

I think he has difficulties in this area with most people but he's learning to pick up my cues. Even aspies have the skills but its often harder for them to develop because of how their minds work.

Maybe they don't have a box for what they sense so it gets lost.

Personally, I can't 'read' the emotions of others but I can guess.

That doesn't mean that I think telepathic and empathic communication does not exist.

In my youth, several times I 'heard' my mother (in words) when she had only thought to call me.

Similarly, I have noted that I 'sync' with close friends, and very frequently we say the same words at the same time. This has not always been cliché phrases, either.

I believe it is more because we are thinking along the same lines and come to express our thoughts in the same way.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   

I also think that you can pick up on someone's mood because they want to tell you, and do so, and they display it through physiological cues and expressions.

My husband is an aspie and because I'm in tune i often know what he's thinking before he opens his mouth.

I think he has difficulties in this area with most people but he's learning to pick up my cues. Even aspies have the skills but its often harder for them to develop because of how their minds work.

Personally, I can't 'read' the emotions of others but I can guess. That doesn't mean that I think telepathic and empathic communication does not exist.

In my youth, several times I 'heard' my mother (in words) when she had only thought to call me. Similarly, I have noted that I 'sync' with close friends, and very frequently we say the same words at the same time. This has not always been cliche phrases but is more because we are thinking along the same lines and express it the same way.

My husband has similar abilities. Sometimes he'll be at the store and will pick up something that i was thinking about but never got around to asking for.

I always point it out when it happens which surprises him.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Personally, I can't 'read' the emotions of others but I can guess. That doesn't mean that I think telepathic and empathic communication does not exist.

In my youth, several times I 'heard' my mother (in words) when she had only thought to call me. Similarly, I have noted that I 'sync' with close friends, and very frequently we say the same words at the same time. This has not always been cliche phrases but is more because we are thinking along the same lines and express it the same way.

My husband has similar abilities. Sometimes he'll be at the store and will pick up something that i was thinking about but never got around to asking for.

I always point it out when it happens which surprises him.

Perhaps Aspies, in their 'dry and empty desert' of sensed emotion, have taught themselves to be inferentially astute? 'Telepathically' sensitive.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Tulpa

...Instinct may be a better word.

... a good place to start [...]
would be Allan Pease and his wife Barbara in their book The Definitive Book of Body Language.

that boils the Aura/sixth sense/Vibes... down to a Newtonian World around us....

All scientifically measured in cause-response or Un-recognized 'Tells' and clearly pragmatic responses...from a subconscious level

I have consciously been accommodative to Ding-Bats
and been non-confrontational with sublime Thugs who could barely control their impulses/anger/hatred for anyone unfamiliar to their world-view

body language is an entry level doorway to the dark & cryptic people & just what superficial thing they may do next... but I sure would not trust the cocoon** you get wrapped up in with those conventional analytic tools (they are just not sufficient)

** - cocoon, VERB envelop or surround in a protective or comforting way:

in my world view... Auras, Vibes, Intuition/6th Sense... are all in the same bag with Dreams...
a link or communication between 'self' and a higher reality

~ the geometric & contained world of Newtonian Physics

~ gave way to the model of Einstein Relativity

~ and now we are scratching the surface of Nano & Quantum Mechanics/Reality

each factor is some part of the equation of true reality

edit on th31149920527704542017 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

edit on th31149920683004202017 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   
i find a curse to read people.. so many selfish lies and so much deceit. but i always have, and my efforts to block it, are slowly killing me... crowds drown me in a hundred separate worlds, overwhelming me, but when i can sense someone close to me being dishonest and i unravel their web of lies, it destroys me.. so slainte, bottoms up.

whatever this is, intuition, being an empath, whatever, it is a curse that has always been true.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Perhaps Aspies, in their 'dry and empty desert' of sensed emotion, have taught themselves to be inferentially astute? 'Telepathically' sensitive.

It certainly wouldn't surprise me. I've told my husband on more than one occasion that i think i'm an aspie. I have a lot of the characteristics but i'm a lot more in tune than most.

I was abused at home so perhaps my senses are more acute because of it.
edit on 4-7-2017 by AkontaDarkpaw because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: badw0lf
i find a curse to read people.. so many selfish lies and so much deceit. but i always have, and my efforts to block it, are slowly killing me... crowds drown me in a hundred separate worlds, overwhelming me, but when i can sense someone close to me being dishonest and i unravel their web of lies, it destroys me.. so slainte, bottoms up.

whatever this is, intuition, being an empath, whatever, it is a curse that has always been true.

If its overwhelming I'm sure it can be a curse.

Controlling it is a lot harder if you're super gifted.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: badw0lf

Wow.. I can really relate to this post. I too hate events with crowds because the amount of negative vibes, and thought waves that can be associated with them. I pick up easily on lies as well and it is hurtful if it is who you consider a good friend or family member. I prefer phone conversations with some people so I don't have to look into their lying eyes...and feel like I need to call them out on it.
edit on 4-7-2017 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadlyhope
Do any of you believe in vibes, auras, or otherwise the ability to sense the intentions and emotions of another person?

I've come to believe in it more and more as I've looked into it, as I've thought about it.

Looking up information about the hearts electro-magnetic field, for instance, and knowing that studies show that when two people interact, their heart and brain waves sync up in some matter... It's profound. To think that we can be connected and sense each other in an entirely different fashion, and that some science even backs this up to a degree.

What do you think?

Do you believe we have this sixth sense?

I can feel immediately when someone has a caustic attitude towards me in their heart, even though they pretend to be neutral. I can feel it like a knife full of hate. It does have an energy to it, strange though it is. I can also tell when someone is lying about big things.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

I think you may have misunderstood the second part of my post.
I wasn't trying to deny the possibility of auras, vibes or extrasensory perception, merely pointing out that communication is very much more than the spoken word. Some are much easier to read than others, as posters have mentioned with "tells" etc.

Many times I've sensed something about people that is "off" or just wrong and for no good reason. I've felt uncomfortable then looked around to find a stranger staring at the back of my head.
I've tried it myself, staring at someone from a distance in a place I can't be seen and watched them eventually respond by looking around themselves to see what's going on. I also dislike being too close to people. Some people "feel" OK but every now and then I've come across people who make me positively recoil as if to touch them would be poison.

I'm pretty sure most people have felt the same way at one time or another and there must be ways to develop or enhance these kind of senses.
I just have an interest in non-verbal communication, that's all. I also have a hatred of crowds which has got worse as I've got older. Whether that means that I've become more sensitive or other people have got meaner I can't say.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   
vibe, auras...

Some toxic people just stink physically, emotionally and spiritually....but the sad part is; they see themselves as special, need to be the center of attention, lie, and are extremely critical of others, even those they claim to love.

Their insecurity smells like urine or sweat. They try and hide it with cologne, perfume or scented soap. They still stink! believe me.

edit on 4-7-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   

It certainly wouldn't surprise me. I've told my husband on more than one occasion that i think i'm an aspie. I have a lot of the characteristics but i'm a lot more in tune than most.

I was abused at home so perhaps my senses are more acute because of it.

I think, though, that a more mundane answer is probably the truth (Ockham's Razor), especially in the light of not being able to find the sensory organs or 'subtle energies' associated with telepathy.

I am sorry to hear that you were abused. It is so true that those closest to us can hurt us the most.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

Have You ever pictured YourSelf 'arising' from Your Earth body and moving on? As Your body lay 'here' You go 'there'?

This relates to Your 'a link between...' above.

Or:

www.sunfell.com...

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Yes, I believe. I think we all have these abilities, and like most abilities, people are born with them, or they can develop them with practice and experience.

My own experiences support my beliefs regarding empathy or sensing emotions/feelings. I have also at times become particularly attuned such that my visual perceptions of people supported the idea of "auras". I saw it first in practicing looking at trees and other plants. Really looking. More like looking at what is going on in the spaces between plants. From there, looking at people and other animals, I could perceive an outline, a glow, a resonance.

I have known folk who claimed to see colours in a person's aura, and I have envied them.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   
So if do become intune an flashy, and not ended up all twisted like a schizophrenic pretzel, I can get my own epic latin intro too?

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Auras are real. The German physicist, Prof. Fritz-Albert Popp discovered that the DNA in all living cells store and release photons as coherent ultra-violet light. He coined the term "bio-photons" to describe the permanent ultraweak emission of photons from living organisms.

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Yes

top topics

<< 1   >>

join