It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the fall of the " zion curtain " - i will drink to that :)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 02:33 AM
link   
the " zion curtain " has fallen [ at last ]

when i first heard of this i thought it was a wind-up by my american guests , i had no internet back in the 80s - and assumed that such idiotic pandering to religious cults didnt happen in the real world

i never actually made it to utah - but finally - the law has been repealed - full sanity has yet you descend oh utah - but its a step in the right direction

obligitory summary :

since 1935 utah has been a " control state " enacting rrestrictions of the sale // consumption of alchahol [ mostly due to the insecurities of mormon cultists ] - and one of the most idiotic panderings was the zion curtain :

partitions in resteraunts so that delicate cultists would not have to experience the stark terror of watching a drink being prepared - you really cpould not make this up - but it was true

there was a lot of dummy sspitting during the 2002 winter olymics - but finally the wheels of sanity turned slowly - and the spring session of the state government voted to repeal the law - and yesterday it was ennacted

source

background

obligitory opinion :

welcome to the 21st century utah [ at least partially ] - people wonder why laws based on cult ideology are bad for society - heres why - what the hell were you thinking ?

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 04:06 AM
link   
So you can buy alcohol, just not watch it being mixed

Who really cares, ok Mormons are a little strange but what, seriously
Who really cares if you can see it or not

Just a slight over reaction on your behalf apeman? Maybe?

"i never actually made it to utah" Is it is an issue to you, HOW?

"one of the most idiotic panderings " Really, a plastic transluscent barrier is one of the most idiotic panderings, REALLY, one of the most idiotic panderings, what ever, in the whole world maybe?

"bad for society" How? Sorry, just dont see how society is corrupted, yes silly archaic law but bad for society?

You know, I see DUMMY SPITTING and Insecurities being voiced here on ats and its not the Mormons, its the cry babies turning a plastic curtain into the great wall of China.
I am going home for a rum and lime and ponder who are the cultists among the ats crowd, the poor babies who are so easily offended, nay horrified by a plastic curtain

Toughen up princess

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 04:25 AM
link   
I remember back in 1989, I had a friend who lived in Salt Lake City. He invited me out from California to go skiing and visit for a couple of weeks. When we went to the liquor store, they had a state police officer in the store to monitor purchases of alcohol and beer.

It blew my mind. It seemed so over the top and I'll never forget how much of an "alcoholic culture clash" that was for me at the time. It seemed unwarranted.

But hell, I'm still here in California, and when I visit a REAL gun store out of state, those same feelings come up again. Each state is uniquely different with their quirky laws and antiquated policies.

I don't love California... but I do love the United States regardless.

Good win and it's about time for Pete's sake.

S&F

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 05:48 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Maybe the barrier is a good idea because when under age children see the mix being made, then they might just try it out back home with everything in the drinks cabinet whilst the parents are out working.

Hmmmm, imagine what their liver will look like before they even reach 18 especially if they drink out of the house as well.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 05:57 AM
link   
The ladies now can wear pants to church.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Whats that about Mormons keeping up appearances? Warren Jeffs served up little girls but they argue about serving drinks?

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 08:36 AM
link   
The Mormons are pretty strict, they don't even allow hot beverages to be consumed. Their "cult" religion has many Masonic characteristics mixed with Christian Biblical beliefs along with the added Book of Mormon teachings.

My mother was Mormon and so was the family back in the 70s, I've done a lot of research into their history and have concluded without a doubt that their false prophet Smith was seeking to build a theocratic monarchy. I finally got out officially a number of years ago. IMO Smith would have been good friends with P.T. Barnum if they had met, as there is a sucker born every minute.

They do have good family values, are into genealogy and keeping detailed records on that, and are great preppers. Not all bad considering that they are way off base due to their false prophet's teachings. They could be a powerful force when the SHTF and I could actually see them teaming up with the Native Americans at that point. Still, they have faith in false teachings and I'm glad I finally decided to get out when I did.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

He should be locked up and have the key thrown away

What has that got to do with a screen in a pub

What a bizzare thing to say, where is your head at

A beer screen as opposed to what your on about, what's the correlation, why even

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 09:06 AM
link   
the southeast USA... back in the days of the Blue Laws in the Bible Belt country was the east coast equal to the Utah cult's antics of social/societal engineering

here in myrtle beach, SC... the family would drive up to the beaches in NC to even get a beer with a seafood dinner on those outings about once every 2 months (as the weather & my wallet could afford)

the thread title had me going... I was looking forward to a theme around the Zion State-of-Israel with their 250~ nukes and policies developing in bad faith to the Internationalization of Jerusalem (AKA: al-Quds) into a world city designation

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

The beaches are nice here

I too thought this would be about israel. Like a zionistic (yea i just did that) iron curtain..

Meh who cares lol. As long as they keep their magic underwear.. I mean thats what really matters right?

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

I hear so many people on ATS say..."what about State rights?"
If Utah is happy with these laws whats the big deal

people wonder why laws based on cult ideology are bad for society

Sure they are a Cult, but if they forced all their State's citizens to worship at a temple weekly you may have a point, otherwise...meh

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
welcome to the 21st century utah

Thats the hidden message.

Think about it; no one has organized demonstrations, vandalism, revolution in Utah since this Law came into play in 1935.

So everyone in Utah could not give a toss if it is hidden or seen.

Now demons (yes those nasty evil spirits) want rebellion against common sense and alcohol allows evil entities to control humans. Strong beverage is even named 'Spirits'.

So lets watch what crazy events start to occur in Utah in the coming months. Demons have just been given the green light to make a few alterations to the spiritual landscape.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

A beer screen as opposed to what your on about, what's the correlation, why even

They put up screens so they don't 'see' drinks being served. But practice polygamy, in Jeffs case deeply disturbing. As if the wider community didn't know about that.

He was president of their organization...lol

As far as scolding me for my general stance against organized religion... all 21 flavors.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Utah the state that might as well be dry

Yea untell they let u buy full stregth alcohol i will not be paying full price lol 3.1 percent beer ... they sell oduals hear aswell lol

That place is odd i have to go there sometimes ... i sleep there once on a sunday .... that was a long night

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Now with legalized recreational weed in Nevada next door, Satan and his demons are sure to reek havoc on Utah.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

originally posted by: Raggedyman

They put up screens so they don't 'see' drinks being served. But practice polygamy, in Jeffs case deeply disturbing. As if the wider community didn't know about that.

He was president of their organization...lol

As far as scolding me for my general stance against organized religion... all 21 flavors.

Sorry, please tell me how polygamy is related to the issue of the screens in pubs.
Are you saying polygamy is worse than putting up a screen as opposed to the apeman who stated in the op that screens were an idiotic pandering, bad for society as opposed to polygamy

Did I say a Zion screen was " one of the most idiotic panderings" one of the most! No I didn't, not me. I said it was hardly anything worth noting, you know why? Why, well compared to other things Mormons do and have done a screen in a restaurant is nothing, to me anyway

Connecting the dots yet, can you see why I an slightly miffed that you are bitching at me about Mormons and polygamy

And while I don't agree with polygamy, why is it wrong, who made you the moral judge of righteous actions, hypocrite

Polygamy has nothing to do with these screens, polygamy has nothing to do with this thread
If you want to go bash Mormons for their beliefs, I can't and won't stop you, go do a thread.
Irrespective, what you are ranting about is irrelevant to Zion screens in pubs, this topic

It's irrelevant to my comments on how screens in pubs is at the very worst, nothing of any real serious consequence compared to something, say, like polygamy

So let me reiterate
Topic, screens in pubs
Off topic, polygamy

Topic, screens in pubs, not really that bad
Off topic, polygamy, pretty bad

Does that make you happy intrptr, I said polygamy is bad
It's off topic, irrelevant in context, nothing to,do with the thread, but I agree
Polygamy is worse than screens in pubs, kinda based on my first post if you care to think about it, isn't it, did you not notice.

That was fun
edit on 3-7-2017 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Sorry, please tell me how polygamy is related to the issue of the screens in pubs.

Besides that its Moron- I mean Mormon?

Okay reading further, seems we agree... sort of.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Yes it think they are interchangeable?

Yes we do agree, sortof...

top topics

join