It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Well I went and did it :)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Here's the short answer to the state meddling in your private affairs:

If you're going to have kids, don't sign them into Social Security or a birth certificate. The hospital has a record of birth and that's all you need.

Social Security is a tracking system simply used for taxing and identity purposes. At this point, your kids won't have any benefits coming when they reach 65+ anyways. There is no law requiring it or a birth certificate and you cannot be discriminated against for not have either one.

By signing them into to either, it's like registering your car, which gives the state partial interest in your flesh and blood.

They never tell parents any of this. Feel free to research it yourselves to make the best decision for your kids.

It is not a requirement of giving birth and nullifies the jurisdiction the state would have if you signed them over.

Best of luck!

ETA: As soon as I posted this, this ad showed up directly beneath it! Are we not tracked enough??

I simply mentioned birth certificates... smh

edit on E31America/ChicagoSun, 02 Jul 2017 19:31:56 -05007pmSundaynd07pm by EternalShadow because: add

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: pirhanna

Why do you think there are so many unheard voices that want school choice? It isn't about sending money to this or that school or religion, it's about concerned parents wanting the best for their kids.

There are schools out there that can give you flexibility to match your kid, but in the current education mill system, you either have to be fairly wealthy or you're stuck fighting the system which is always much bigger and stronger than you.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: MissCoyote

my daughter starts kindergarten this year

we will see what happens

if they start pulling any # or anything happens im not down with she is out.
nice and easy

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

my daughter starts kindergarten this year

we will see what happens

if they start pulling any # or anything happens im not down with she is out.
nice and easy

Take it from me. It isn't always as simple as you think. For one thing, there will be your daughter to consider. We seriously thought about taking our son out of his school, but by the time we started getting the impression that his teacher was at the end of her patience with him, we were 2/3 of the way through the year, he was starting to have behavior issues even at home like we'd never seen him have before, and we didn't feel like it would be a good idea to uproot him from kids he was getting along with in the middle of a very stressful situation to move him to an entirely new classroom and school which would only have compounded our problems at that point. And any new teacher he was going to get was not going to be seeing him at his best.

It broke our hearts to try to make him stick it out, but we truthfully didn't think pulling him was the right answer by then either.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

we don't really have school choice where I live....your choices are the school you are zoned for, private school that costs a fortune, or homeschool. It pulled on my heartstrings seeing my son go through all of this but he just started summer school and his 4th grade starts in sept. And tbh he's so excited he never got the common core way of math and showing him the "old way" made him question his teachers. his new teacher teaches whatever way the student understands and grasps the concept....I do think that schools should be a basic education but then starting in 6th grade looking at their natural strengths and building their education off of that rather than a one size fits all and maybe a graduation. my mother was very picky about the schools I went to as a child I was in pre-k/kinder Montessori school and then my elementary school had to have a Montessori based curriculum. So hearing my son struggle to read out loud and stutter over words and look at me as if I was going to tell him to stop and read to himself *SMGDH* he gets every nervous and often says he should just stop because he's stupid. it angers me to think that teachers are becoming so rigid that it can be felt by the ones that don't want to be in the spotlight for not getting whats being taught. So pulled him out the last day of school already had all his paperwork in to his new school, started setting up his "classroom" (its not done I have time) And paid $300.00 dollars for his 5 weeks of summer school for ELA and Math...And he couldn't be happier. granted virtual school at home is not for everybody but its worked in my house before...definitely not afraid to do it again.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 12:32 AM
link   
As I wrote on another post-had a horrible time with public and private schools. Made the mistake with my son with meds and took him off them-got his ged and went to college-genius iq.'

Pulled my daughter out and got her GED-she is till trying out life and enjoying the possibilities. The school refused the psychologists suggestion of kinetic learning-I sued the system and won.

You are your child's only advocate-fight for them-all the way. Our school systems suck-especially if your kids are special or especially smart.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I went through the same thing when I was 15. Im also a kinetic learner, and work best at my own pace (which is usually faster than the teachers). When I left the public school system in favor of an alternative school, I excelled in every subject and even graduated with honors.
My sophomore year, I was told I would not graduate on time, after 2 years at the alternative school, I graduated a semester early. I would be quick to say (based on the information you gave in the OP) your son does not have ADHD. Your son is just bored. The pace, and traditional style of teaching doesn't work for him, just like it didn't work for me. Now that hell be working at his own pace, stand back and watch him soar!!!

And what gives a teacher the right to 'diagnose' any child?
Thats like going to a Dr. For a physical, and he tells you that working on your math skills will lower your blood pressure.
edit on 3/7/2017 by Brian4real because: Grammer

edit on 3/7/2017 by Brian4real because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Public schools are ran by some of the most uppity, authoritarian soccer-mom's on the planet.

Homeschooling is the way to go

top topics

<< 1   >>

join