It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

i think i might have found away to save the world

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 02:42 AM
link   
here it is . Ban all lawyers from holding office as president or legislators. no baristers as pm none in house of commons, none as chancellor of eu and so forth. people with that kinda power should be people who actually had to earn a dollar instead of making a pile from settlement cases that and stop all lobbying by corporate interests .yes we would still have supreme court and they would be lawyers first they would be only ones i would allow in washington politico circles. what do you guys think

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 02:54 AM
link   
a reply to: proteus33

who will youu allow to serve in public office ?

you WILL get massive support for the notion of " baning lawyer "

but its the thin end of a wedge perched at the top of a slipery slope

once you have banned on " class of profesional " where do you stop ???

the logical absurdity of the ban XXXXXXXXX =

President Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 03:06 AM
link   
How about firing all representatives, then voting on issues directly via internet and ss number split via electoral colleges?

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 03:36 AM
link   

No - we can make even simpler than that - cap the salary to the CPI for all public servants to come in line with the private sector and associated job descriptions - including adjusting their pensions and anything else that sucks taxpayer funds unnecessarily, introduce term limits for all public-servants, ban lobbying, make it easy for ANYONE to run for the Oval Office - not just rich people or lawyers.

Not all lawyers are bad - if Trey Gowdy ever runs for office, he would be one I would vote for - Mr Constitution, big time. Hard as nails sharp mind. Great communicator. and my favorite "No-one is above the law"

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 04:35 AM
link   
If someone WANTS to be 'president' or 'leader', they should be barred from running.

Someone should NEED to be 'leader' in order to implement their plan to make society better

That way, people don't have to be barred based on Their profession.
edit on 30 6 2017 by Breakthestreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Those in charge seem to believe that we don't deserve any privacy so how about we turn it back around on them?

Before you can take office or have any power over anyone else, they have to sign a waver and be put under 24hour surveillance?

Body cams and wired for sound.
The public can log-on whenever they want so we can keep an eye on what they are doing and really hold them to account and ensure they are only able to work for the benefit of the people they govern?

No shady back room deals.
No saying one thing but doing another.

Of course, they would have to be paid quite a lot to put up with the loss of their privacy (unlike us) but it would really put off everyone but the people who are the most honest and have our best interest at heart.

I realise it would be a huge sacrifice on their behalf, no toilet breaks or sex life, but someone once said "with great power comes great responsibility" or something like that.
Its the only way I can think of to stop the lying
scumbags screwing us over all the time.
edit on 30-6-2017 by Tulpa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 05:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

I can agree with everything you said. Except why should they have government pensions when their job should only be temporary? I also think legislation that has a huge impact on the population should be decided directly by the people and not our representatives. It should be put on a ballot and the main points of the bill should be easily accessed on the internet. Today's communication and easy access to information using the internet is reducing the need to have political representatives to decide and cast votes on our behalf.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 05:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons

I can agree with everything you said. Except why should they have government pensions when their job should only be temporary?

I have what's called superannuation - an investment fund basically that I and the employer both pay into (Aust Gov legislation) - irrespective of what job I have, and in any industry I happen to be employed, both myself and the employer must contribute to varying degrees.

So, when you enter public service - you can contribute and the employer (you) also contribute to their superannuation for the duration they have a tenure - this is fair.
edit on 30-6-2017 by Sublimecraft because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 06:38 AM
link   
First we kill all the lawyers .

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 06:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Breakthestreak
If someone WANTS to be 'president' or 'leader', they should be barred from running.

Someone should NEED to be 'leader' in order to implement their plan to make society better

To implement their plan?
That sounds pretty dictatorshippy.

Oh, what the hell, I am just going to go ahead draw the hitler card:

To implement their plan?
You know who did that?

Hitler!

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 07:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: proteus33
Ban all lawyers from holding office as president or legislators.

Can we kill them first?

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Yes!.....No...... Wait, let me just consult my lawyer.

ETA

He said no.

edit on 30-6-2017 by Tulpa because: Damn lawyer

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 07:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tulpa

Yes!.....No...... Wait, let me just consult my lawyer.

Sure. And when you do ask him the difference between a dead rabbit in the road and a dead lawyer in the road.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Errrr?

I don't reverse over the rabbit so I can run over it again?

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Tulpa

There's no skid marks in front of the lawyer.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 07:54 AM
link   
I think I found "A way"
Away means not here. He went away.
There is a way to find him. Two words.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Yeah sure.
People who actually understand the constitution shouldn't be the top dog defending it.

No. This won't save the world.
Away with you..

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Phew - for a minute there I thought you had denounced your Freo citizenship and became a Yank - after all you said you may vote for Trey Gowdy

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I don't wish to offend anyone, but I believe this world would be Paradise if there was no religion.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   
well here are some of my points why this might work .it would help get the pc out of politics and policy.
being pc is nice and friendly is fine to an extent but at some point commonsense needs to step in. lawyers being all about what they say take pc entirely to far and generate pc laws that do more harm than good. lawyers make money hand or fist usually and have no idea how to be spendthrift because of it. this countries trillions of dollars in debt because of it. ,and its not just usa but other parts of world having similar problems because of this. how many european countries in the black ,how many in the red because of policies of eu, how many have had severe secruity problems because of policies from eu?
i am not saying lawyers don't have a place they do the other law makers need them to help them right the bills up they just fon't need to have no say as to the content.

top topics

join