It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge who put 311 people in jail for pot now smokes it to save his own life.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 02:04 AM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

He has no right for it.

He should be locked up in jail.

But i guess people can change, at least he doing some work, changing opinions.
edit on 30-6-2017 by solve because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 02:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

I think that his opinion has evolved over time and he has grown as a person. I don't see a problem with his change of heart. After all, I would hate to think I could never evolve from my current beliefs...especially if presented with new evidence.

Chill out on this dude...he is doing his best.

The guy deserves no sympathy... at no point did he ever stop feel empathy for the hundreds of non-violent drug offenders he put into prison, he just kep on doing it because he got paid.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 02:17 AM
link   
What a ludicrous argument by the OP
The judge locked up offenders, as he was expected to do, pot was illegal
One day they may make speeding legal, I will be happy but I wont have a sookie la la about all the fines I have racked up
What has he to be sorry for?
He done his job

I consider pot to be a drug that can be abused.
If its a regulated medicine I dont see a big drama.

Lets not start witch hunts against people who carried out their civil duties when laws were not progressive

Its change, no need to carry on like that

Also, isnt it better PR that a judge has changed his tune?
edit on 30-6-2017 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 02:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

I think that his opinion has evolved over time and he has grown as a person. I don't see a problem with his change of heart. After all, I would hate to think I could never evolve from my current beliefs...especially if presented with new evidence.

Chill out on this dude...he is doing his best.

Anybody who's sent a fellow human being to prison for smoking Marijuana is simply plain evil. Pleading ignorance is a cop out.

This judge is a real piece of work.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 04:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
All is well and good , but can someone elucidate how pot cured COPD ?

not cure
reduced inflamation in the airways

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 04:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

originally posted by: Gothmog
All is well and good , but can someone elucidate how pot cured COPD ?

not cure
reduced inflamation in the airways

Thank you . I was searching through the linked article and through most posts
I halfway expected a *ahem* one of those answers...from an old "Long-Haired Tree Hugging Liberal Hippie" and a retired SME on the subject

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Yeah so he changed his mind people tend to do that so what?? As a judge if someone does something illegal doesn't even matter what he thinks.
edit on 6/30/17 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Some lessons hit hard in the end. It's good to see this Judge came this understanding and changed his mind. A lesson learned is a wise lesson indeed.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Chill out on this dude...he is doing his best
a reply to: Metallicus

Tell that to all the people serving time for measly pot.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 05:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: combatmaster

Chill out on this dude...he is doing his best
a reply to: Metallicus

Tell that to all the people serving time for measly pot.

It's the law, it was broken, they were charged, it's the law
Let's be serious here, people with a few joints are not going to go to prison are they
Mostly it's those making illegal money, no tax, no rules

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 05:41 AM
link   

I think there are a lot of judges who are ill-informed who make judgement decisions on a persons life. How many times have judges given lenient sentences or dismissed cases because the suspect was wealthy or held a powerful position. In some respects, our court system is flawed.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Let us be fair. He changed, and that's a good thing. Those who can't change are the problem.
So go smoke a bowl and forgive the past , the past is past.( Except in String Theory and the Mandela Effect
. )
Besides, who among us dares to cast the first stone.?

VF

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: notsure1.

Well...if true...we all learn things in our own time and our own ways. Cant fault him for enforcing the laws on the books then. I mean...that is/was his job.

So right or wrong...if he was enforcing the current laws and then-attitudes towards them? You really cant fault him for doing so now...

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 07:29 AM
link   
The two-tiered "just-us," system back at it again.

Unreal.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 07:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger
a reply to: notsure1.

Well...if true...we all learn things in our own time and our own ways. Cant fault him for enforcing the laws on the books then. I mean...that is/was his job.

So right or wrong...if he was enforcing the current laws and then-attitudes towards them? You really cant fault him for doing so now...

If cali can choose which laws they want to enforce then so can every other judge.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Judges make choices. They can be lenient if they want.
And it's the law and it was broken argument is weak.
To quote Frank zappa the United States is a nation of laws, badly written and randomly enforced.
That is very true.
We all break laws. None of us are squeaky clean.
Speeding here. A seatbelt there.
Some more than others.

I was not consulted about these laws when they were drawn up. I did not agree to any of it
I'm forced to obey via threats of jail.
There is no consistency in the punishments. From judge to judge, person to person, county to county the punishment vary.

The judge could have chosen a lenient punishment for 311 non violent offenders.

# him and his change of heart.

Maybe some of those dudes he popped had copd or chronic pain and did not want to go the pull route.

Not everyone that enjoys it is a super stoner.
Screw him

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Im not buying. These are the same assholes who are a judge one day then defending someone else as a defense attorney the next day for the same charge. I guess I could be wrong and harsh here, afterall this narrative has been being shoved down all our throats by the government themselves whom he worked for.

Either way there is no excuse anymore. As soon as the first state legalized 5 years ago all judges should have taken some damn time to actually read the facts on marijuana and reform their minds and regret. All of em.

Reminds me of watching Cops in a legal state and the amazing pouty faces the officers make when they find cannabis and cant do # about it. Always trying to hide how pissy it makes them lol.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: lightedhype

Good point.
Work for the prosecution one day then defense attorney another.
Show me the money Jerry Maguire, my ambassador of qwan

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Hey now.... You gotta remember that all these prisons aren't gonna fill themselves!!!
Not enough criminals?
Then let's make some!!!
Otherwise how are we gonna justify our inflated budgets!?!?
And in the event that we must be hypocritical (just like the OP), We can just plead ignorance!!!
Of course, if one of these scumbag, pothead sons of b#+@*s tries using that excuse in front of a judge, well throw the book at that ignorant bastard and show him whos boss!
BOW DOWN MINIONS!!!

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   

I'm not really sure what the point of ISP and drug offender programs and color codes would be....other than spite.

If the guy changed his opinion, and has become informed, he could be a powerful ally in the legalization fight. No need to let spite get in the way of legalization efforts.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join