It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Behavior in the Presence of Strangers not Masons

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: MaestroMind

I claim nothing.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

Yeah. Right. I bet Vegas odds I could find someone on this site who would say different.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Any mason who purposely discusses masonic literature(print) within eavesdropping distance of profane minds is a prime candidate for a Morgan express.

edit on 28-6-2017 by MaestroMind because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 04:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: MaestroMind

Yeah. Right. I bet Vegas odds I could find someone on this site who would say different.

And that would mean what exactly? That you are proficient in hide and seek?

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 05:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: MaestroMind
Any mason who purposely discusses masonic literature(print) within eavesdropping distance of profane minds is a prime candidate for a Morgan express.

actually, no. If a mason decides to tell you all the things you could google, but he promised not to reveal, all that will happen to him is that he will know he is a #ty mason, and if other find out, he might be expelled. We don't kill folks anymore, that's so 1780.

We as masons are free to discuss many things, only a few are off limits and all of them can be found in books or online.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

No mason is allowed to discuss masonic literature with non masons. You are allowed to answer general questions.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: eisegesis

Unless a fellow Mason can shed light on the passage above, I'm not sure what can be gained by engaging any of them

You can learn a lot about Freemasony by what they "do not say".

You can also learn a lot, by what claims they make about themselves, since it is that which they want you to see.

Like any Magician, or Sorcerer, what they point out to the public, is the misdirection, that hides the real actions being performed behind the scenes, so that one can be confident, that the hidden things are in opposition, in morals and deeds, to the things that are being deliberately made visible.

Nothing can truly be hidden in this world, for every attempt to hide, reveals.

Every attempt by a Mason to "divert" the attention away from a subject, "reveals" that subject as important to Freemasonry.

So, ask away, and watch the fun.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 02:55 AM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis
To be clear, each Grand Lodge has their own Constitution. This was the one drawn up by Dr. Anderson.

a reply to: Baddogma
Well, the 33-degree system is not over all Freemasonry, but in the Scottish Rite.

Freemasons are charged to help all in need.

I'm the first Mason in my family. Family joining the Craft is enjoyable, but it is not necessary nor forced for male family members to join Freemasonry. If they choose to do, then that is great.

All Masons should strive to be pillars of their community or at least better their community.

a reply to: BigBangWasAnEcho

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 02:59 AM
link   
So you're not a fan of Masonic websites that have articles on the various symbolism and rituals of Freemasonry?

According to who? I've never seen anything that says I cannot talk about literature unless it violates the Obligations I've voluntarily assumed.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: KSigMason

To answer your question - no. I do not visit websites that have articles on the various symbolism and rituals of Freemasonry. and mind you I have been online for over 4 decades. I have physical tomes for reference. Freemasonry is not some online correspondence course to be taken on the internet.

Abreast in the lodge is where I duly examine and converse with my Brethren.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 02:40 AM
link   
You miss out on a lot of good articles concerning Freemasonry, and really a variety of other subjects, that can be found online. These online articles can assist in the research and education of a Mason. There's also a number of books that one may not be able to find in their area, but one can find a digital copy online. With proper use, the Internet can be an invaluable tool for education and the dispersion of light among Brethren.

EDIT: I've also been able to make contact with Freemasons around the world through the publication and reading of online articles and forums. All of it has been positive, even meeting Augustus.
edit on 1-7-2017 by KSigMason because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Brother, here are some good references for any Mason to use.

edit on 1-7-2017 by KSigMason because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Unless a fellow Mason can shed light on the passage above, I'm not sure what can be gained by engaging any of them in conversation about their Craft. You may get a whiff, but it's ultimately a fruitless endeavor.

Eis,

First, source.

Second, it's not a fruitless endeavour to engage us. We will answer any of your questions.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: KSigMason

Good to bump into you again, Brother. ATS has been interesting, to say the least.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 07:30 PM
link   

I want to include the following part of Anderson's Constitution so all people will see its value:

This is the seminal work of American Masonry, edited and published by one of the founding fathers, and of great importance to the development of colonial society and the formation of the Republic.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 07:42 PM
link   

What business is it of yours, anyway, what we discuss in private? Give me one good reason why we shouldn't keep our discourse private from strangers. I dare you to try to make a case for becoming privy to Apple's private board meetings.
edit on 13-8-2018 by CanadianMason because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 07:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: CanadianMason
First, source.

It's obviously a UGLE ritual since they cannot spell the word 'honor' properly.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I doubt it was a 'somber' ritual; rather, it was more likely a 'sombre' one.

As in 'grave' and 'serious', not 'dark and gloomy' - well, maybe that, too, depending on the circumstances, lol....
edit on 16-8-2018 by CanadianMason because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join