It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Metallica song... Did I just experienced a Mandala effect?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 01:14 AM
link   
I have just listened to Metallica's song Low Man's Lyrics, one of my favorite Metallica songs and I used to hear it quite a lot in the past, and even played it on my guitar a few times.

Anyhoo, that is the first verse of the song:

My eyes seek reality
My fingers seek my veins
Theres a dog at your back step
He must come in from the rain

And the version I remember playing dozen times:

My eyes seek reality
My fingers seek my veins
Theres a door at your back step
Must come in from the rain

So I wonder if anyone remembers this song and how they remember the first verse? Was I wrong so many times or is there some truth in what I'm experiencing?

Cheers

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Just faulty memory. Metallica fan here, have sung/played guitar to Low Man's Lyric hundreds of times. It's always been "dog", and "He must".

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 04:34 AM
link   
a reply to: cynicalheathen

Thanks dude, makes sense.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 04:42 AM
link   
What makes the most sense, a dog wanting to come in from the rain or a door?
edit on CDT04America/Chicago446Tuesdayam2017-06-27T04:43:35-05:00kTue2017 by TheBlackDog because: Duh

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 04:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheBlackDog

Logic has no place in a Mandela effect thread.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 07:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheBlackDog

Well I always thought he was outside in the back yard when it started raining, so he figured he must come inside.

Notice that I was missing the "He" part.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Posts on ATS to which the bleedin' obvious answer is "No"........

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Shuye

My take on it and my reasoning for it:

You just misheard and never really gave any thoughts to the text. If you did, you would notice that "door" really makes no sense in this context.

He is singing about the dog. The dog must come in.
Not the door. The door is probably fine.

We can then look at the chorus to back that up:

So low the sky is all I see
All I want from you is forgive me
So you bring this poor dog in from the rain
Though he just wants right back out again

This really does not sound like the behavior of an inanimate object. Actually it sounds more like a cat than a dog, but it definitely sounds more like a dog than a door.

So:

• The context of the word in question itself makes "door" a senseless choice of word for Ulrich/Hetfield to use. Especially compared to "dog".
  • The context of the verse in which the word is makes it even less likely for the word to be "door" and not "dog".

If something nefarious was going on and the song really had a different version, you would expect that the song still made sense in that other timeline or whatever it is.

That is why my take on it is that you simple misheard and never thought about how little sense "door" really made.

edit on 27-6-2017 by DupontDeux because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I don't know this song (stopped listening to "new" Metallica after Justice - got to see that tour) although I'm glad they brought Trujillo in (he's a badass - Suicidal) which I think has pumped in new life.

..I just wanted to point out that there isn't anything wrong with the context:
"There's a door at your back step (must come in from the rain)."

Is the dog a subject in the song (is a dog mentioned later in the song)?

As a songwriter / musician myself - I can't say there's anything wrong context wise the way the OP presented it.

S&F for being open to the possibility.

ETA: I see the chorus mentions the dog - so it's not likely a ME.

edit on 27-6-2017 by Pearj because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 09:18 AM
link   
My husbands with you on this.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Pearj

Thanks for understanding where I'm coming from.

It's been a long time since I read the lyrics, and the funny thing is that I don't actually remember reading or hearing anything about a dog anywhere in the lyrics, not in a verse nor in the chorus, and I thought I knew the lyrics quite well! So it's a surprise for me that it's even mentioned in the chorus now.

This makes it even stranger for me now. I went over the lyrics again as I thought I have misheard it or don't know the lyrics well as I thought I was, and I see that it's just those two parts where the dog is mentioned that I have *misheard*. I totally missed the dog on both parts!

I always remembered that song was about a lonely man full of sorrow and regrets, no dog anywhere around.

Lol truth is stranger than fiction sometimes... I'm not sure what to make of it.
edit on 27-6-2017 by Shuye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: MissCoyote
My husbands with you on this.

Could you please ask your husband if he remembers a dog in the Chorus or anywhere in the song?

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I remember John Fogerty and Credence Clearwater singing "There's a bathroom on the right"

I remember Jimi Hendrix singing "excuse me, while I kiss this guy"

I remember Sting and the Police singing "I'm a pool hall ace".

I remember the Gorillaz singing "Santa's breaking down on a camel's back"

Those are all misheard lyrics, and many people mishear them the exact same way I do. For all of these songs, the actual lyrics are sung in a way that "sort of " really do sound like these misheard ones, which is the main reason multitudes of people mishear them the same way.

It's similar the "Berenstain" vs "Berenstein". Multitudes people are accustomed to seeing last names ending in "stein", so multitudes of people could all mistakenly think it was "Berenstein".

edit on 27/6/2017 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   

This is a clear ME. ME seems to be when you hear something wrong so you remember it wrong, and later on realize you had it wrong all along.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Makes no sense to let your door in.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Metallica were one of Bavaria's most promisìng avant-garde Oompah bands in my time-line so none of this makes any sense at all.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: skalla

LOL. they didn't go soft in mine and the Ramones are still alive.

edit on 28-6-2017 by TomMcCant because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join