It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pendulum Rates

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Just of interest,

the Lethbridge rates for pendulums work.

I tried them out many years ago,

you just need anything chain-like or even a string, and a weight of sorts attached to the end of it - even a necklace chain with a ring on it works.

What Tom Lethbridge found was that the length of the chain is what can find various things underground (and overground, which you can use to test it out).

The only one I remember without looking up the rates right now* is that alcohol = 26 inches,

what I get is that the pendulum rotates very obviously when it locates or is held over the substance that matches the length of the chain,

change the length and it doesn't work,

move it so it is not over the substance and it doesn't work.

*death equals 40 inches, don't know if you'd want to visit any cemetaries with pendulums tho'

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 12:32 AM
link   
I tried this stuff quite a few years ago too, but I've lost my list of pendulum rates that I copied from one of Lethbridge's books. Here are a few more that I found on a web site -

Length Material

7" sulphur
10" graphite
12" carbon
13" slate, concrete
14" glass, porcelain
15½" quartzite, flint
20" animals, plants, wood, rubber, coal, paper, bread
22" silver, lead, salt
23½" vegetable oil, amber
24" masculinity, diamond
25½" alcohol
26½" running water
29" femininity, gold
30½" copper, brass, tin
32" iron
40" death, anger

If I recall correctly, you're supposed to be able to find the length for something by swinging the pendulum over a sample object and lengthening or shortening the cord until it suddenly goes into a circular swing.

Also, the NUMBER of circles it makes before it stops and reverses direction is supposed to yield additional information. For example, there was a certain cord length that would give a reading for illness, but the number of swings would tell you the specific ailment.

I just noticed something - why would diamond, graphite and carbon give different readings? That seems a bit weird.

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Anger with Death, I hadn't seen that one in the list I had.

Different rates for different shapes - the carbon atoms in graphite are arranged in layers on top of each other, the diamond has them arranged in a very secure way. Carbon in the list might mean the unrefined earth material, not the element pure.

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 01:11 PM
link   
There are other applications of this method. Here is one taught to me by a University physics professor.

Fun Party Trick or Is It?

top topics

join