It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fun Math Problem, I think...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I'm going to take the non math approach to this. The end date will be when it will be. Why worry about it? If you want to check things off your bucket list, or tell people things... just do them or tell them. When the world end it will be fast, and with little warning.

If you could predict the end... how would you live differently? Why aren't you doing those things now?

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: bastion

No. Why would I need people. It's 3761 bc, 5777 years ago, with x, I just mark the spot. (I seem to have a logical issue.
Help?)

That is 647 years before the next creation date 3114 bc, next is 648 years later, 2466 bc, just like the cycle continues so before 3761 bc comes x+646 = 4407 bc. Therefore it is "limited" in one direction
x × (n+1) is towards the past. So yes, the past is basically infinite.
I take the now 2017, as next orientation, because it is n-1in that direction and finite. So there is a fixpoint in the future we start to count from x with 647 = n-1, which is, now that I think about it, n! right?
What do we count with n, "time in packages/sets". 647 cycles in the future, time runs out.

Then we get this huge number n! the faculty of n, the years, our unit is still years, in the future, where we have no more
n! = years to drain from. No more cycles, no more time. The future is finite.

And my answer is involved. n!(647)

Oooooh don't say anything I found my own mistake, talking about wrong direction.... Urch facepalming....

edit on 27-6-2017 by Peeple because: Add

... of course the past is finite, not the future.
Puh, all good.

edit on 27-6-2017 by Peeple because: Add

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

And my example was wrong because I made 647+648, sorry... well I had fun...

new topics

<< 1   >>

join